OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Discussion in 'Trials' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

<modsnip>

ETA: I think we can all agree that the Rhoden Family Massacre cases are becoming increasingly complex. There are 8 victims, 6 defendants, multiple family members and witnesses. Don't forget, each defendant has multiple charges filed against them, 4 with over 20 charges each.

As we get into the trial phase, there are 6 different defense teams, most with two attorneys, as well as all the members of LE, BCI and prosecutors. As discovery continues, we're now trying to memorize new witnesses and experts, etc. for each. It's getting difficult to remember all the details of each criminal case and all the players involved. It will become more complicated as we go along, so please have some sympathy for us. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2019
    Bootsctr, FrankieT, Momof4RN and 7 others like this.
  2. Johnny B Bad

Johnny B Bad Well-Known Member

Does all 5 Charges pertain to Hanna May Rhoden or does it include George Wagner 4th ex?

3. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

Yes, most likely they had some form of subsidies they received or crop insurance of some kind. They may have even been paid NOT to grow a crop at some point in time.

Federal farm subsidies: What the data says

4. rsd1200

Yes, both sides did. We took it very seriously. Had it hammered out in court. Better to do it amicably than to do it when something goes south and everyone is angry. It was not a fun process, I'll admit, but I'd advise anyone who is divorced, or unmarried, with children, to do a legal arrangement. It's what is best for the child.

5. Puzzles8

Puzzles8 Well-Known Member

Not positive, but I don't think so.

6. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

So the verbal agreement was done in court? It wasn't in writing, the parties just spoke their agreement before a judge with attorneys present? I didn't realize that could be done.

7. bowler

bowler Well-Known Member

The "verbal" part gets me too....nothing put to paper, signed, etc. :eek: How do you enforce such?

GoBuckeyes and Loomis124 like this.
  8. Puzzles8

Then if JW and HMR were working on a official agreement, surely HMR would have also had an attorney. Is there any record of that? If not, I can't imagine HMR would have signed anything so important without having an attorneys advice.
    JMO, MOO

9. rsd1200

Maybe we're talking about two different things. I'm talking about a custody and visitation agreement. In our family, we went to Family Court, with lawyers in tow. Dna had already been done, so documents were written up by the court, and submitted on record and provided to each of us. Just like any other court proceeding. The lawyers did the work to get what each parent wanted, and the judge signed off on everything.

10. rsd1200

You don't have to have an attorney. The people in our family just chose to consult one. The Family Court judge could sign off on one that the two parents agreed upon themselves.

One can always represent themselves but there's an old saying about that, so I always contact my atty. with anything binding and so important as to how much time you get to spend with the child(ren).

11. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

Yes, big farm owners can get a lot in subsidies from the government. The amount can be amazing...

Fletcher73, FrankieT, bowler and 3 others like this.
  12. OhioBlues

OhioBlues Well-Known Member

My guess is that the W's were working with an attorney and HMR knew nothing about it.

I can't imagine that she would know anything about any document that gave custody to AW if HR and JW were both dead. IIRC JMO

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  13. Puzzles8

I could not agree more.

FrankieT, Betty P, GoBuckeyes and 3 others like this.
  14. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This thread is closed. Please continue on Thread #52

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.