OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

Discussion in 'Trials' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Merrygirl

Merrygirl Well-Known Member

‘If she did not witness it herself then it is still considered hearsay in a court of law. If a defendant said directly to someone “ I am going to kill so-and-so” but she did not see them do it then it is considered circumstantial hearsay. Just because the perp said it and it happened but RN didn’t witness it then Defense can say anyone could have done it but my client is being blamed because of what she said previous to the actual event. Same goes if AW tells RN she did it but RN didn’t see it happen Then RN is “assuming” AW did it cuz it happened. Again there is no proof so it is hearsay, therefore it is not admissible.

2. Merrygirl

‘If she did not witness it herself then it is still considered hearsay in a court of law. If a defendant said directly to someone “ I am going to kill so-and-so” but she did not see them do it then it is considered circumstantial hearsay. Just because the perp said it and it happened but RN didn’t witness it then Defense can say anyone could have done it but my client is being blamed because of what she said previous to the actual event. Same goes if AW tells RN she did it but RN didn’t see it happen then RN is “assuming” AW did it cuz it happened. Again there is no proof so it is hearsay, therefore it is not admissible. I have had to work with the AG’s office in the investigation of Medicaid fraud and some of our work was tossed because of this. MOO.

Fletcher73, Betty P, rsd1200 and 2 others like this.
  3. Rutledge203

Rutledge203 Well-Known Member

The Rhodens, Manley's, and Gilley's looked extra good and dressy today. Imo

4. Loomis124

Loomis124 Well-Known Member

I agree, Betty. There's something that just doesn't add up if she wants to talk to FW. My opinion.

5. Rutledge203

Rutledge203 Well-Known Member

The Rhodens, Manley's, and Gilley's looked extra good and dressy today. Imo

Betty P, Loomis124 and Cool Cats like this.
  6. Loomis124

JMO, but we won't know if it's a win until she talks, and she sure owes the State a LOT of information for what all she got today.

Betty P likes this.
  7. Caylee Advocate

Caylee Advocate SOMEWHERE BETWEEN HERE AND THERE

8. almond

almond Well-Known Member

CA, I thought it then and I still think it, Rita looks like she's praying, before Gerlach and Prosecution come into court. To me she's a woman who is hoping that she's doing the right thing. It means nothing of course, just saying.

9. Cool Cats

Cool Cats COLUMBO "One more thing" MONK "A jungle out there"

Rita Newcomb enters guilty plea - Times Gazette

"...Newcomb, 66, pleaded guilty to obstructing official business and faces up to 90 days in jail after prosecutors agreed to drop forgery, obstructing justice and perjury charges against her.

Prosecutors said Monday that Newcomb acknowledged that her daughter, Angela Wagner, told her to lie and say she had forged custody papers even though she had not done so.

“It’s not a good Christian thing to lie, and I couldn’t do it anymore,” Newcomb told a Pike County judge before pleading guilty..."

Me: She's free from house arrest and for now, free of Angela. Probably for the first time in her life. Sad really.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    FrankieT, Dudly, Momof4RN and 5 others like this.
  10. Merrygirl

Not in Ohio. He may have gotten her temporarily until things were straightened out but not permanently because he had no proof—DNA, name on birth certificate or formal court declaration by the mother before death. Otherwise she would have gone to HMR’s family long term. This is why, IMO, JW and AW went to the lawyer and described the hammertoe and how much SW looked like him (included in discovery)—because there was no other proof. This is also another possibility why the forging of the documents (possibly out of desperation) to avoid needing DNA. The judge most likely ordered DNA anyways and this led to the rape indictment. If HMR died in an accident I don’t believe he would have been brought up on rape charges.

A biological father has no parental rights in Ohio unless proof of relationship is formalized. My son and his gf had a daughter, lived together as a family & his name is on the birth certificate. The gf left with his daughter after 6 yrs and no marriage. Our lawyer said he had no parental rights whatsoever at that point, even though both sets of parents were willing to vouch for him. His choices were either to reconcile with the mother and get married or go to court (get DNA) and have it drawn up legally.

11. Merrygirl

I thought the same thing.

Caylee Advocate, almond and Cool Cats like this.
  12. Cool Cats

Cool Cats COLUMBO "One more thing" MONK "A jungle out there"

Why wasn't 50% time with her granddaughter enough? Obviously it's looking like Angela masterminded the whole thing to get her granddaughter full time. Why?

Sorry. I'm just thinking. Perplexed ...o_O

13. Fat Old Man

Fat Old Man Member

I was a little unnerved when Gerlach enthusiastically asked the Judge if it would be ok for RN to have contact now with Fredericka, as if they wanted to get together right away. I think he was shocked when the Judge said 'No'.

FW, had told Gerlach, if she deals, bring her to me. Or their will be no check! I am not paying for a deal. JMO

14. almond

almond Well-Known Member

You might be trying to get inside the head of a disordered personality. :) We can't get there. Imo

FrankieT, Dudly, Rutledge203 and 2 others like this.
  15. RAISINISBACK

RAISINISBACK Well-Known Member

Yes but did he take a DNA test on SW? If so why feel the need to back up science with a forged document?

16. Merrygirl

I think $ was a thin resource for them and I think they were trying to avoid going to court. JMOO.

17. Loomis124

THIS is good information!!

Merrygirl and Fletcher73 like this.
  18. Loomis124

Great question!!

Rutledge203, Dudly and Fletcher73 like this.
  19. Loomis124

But they had more than $100,000 in just vehicles, not including the four-wheelers, etc. How much would a DNA test have been? JMO

Rutledge203 and Fletcher73 like this.
  20. Johnny B Bad

Johnny B Bad Well-Known Member

Rita received a misdemeanor sentence today, that wasn’t no more than a smack on the hand, something has happened in the last 2 weeks that broke her down, Rita found the truth out for sure no more guessing, ether Rita was told from a family member how the massacre took place that night or she has new piece of evidence, something definitely happened, JMO