OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

Discussion in 'Trials' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betty P

Betty P On Time Out

Thanks, Spyderlady! I just noticed similar WCPO reporting on Twitter

Evan Millward on Twitter

Maybe they're trying to keep these hearings brief, keep the defendant out of the news media, for now. Continuing to sense a change in the defense since RN's plea bargain.

Evan Millward on Twitter

The complaints about the amount of evidence border on the ridiculous. Yes, there's a lot, but its been well organized for them. Let's not mention how long it took most of the defense attorneys to even begin sending hard drives to the prosecution to retrieve it. Now they're acting like they haven't even reviewed the files since getting them last spring and summer. It makes me wonder how much time these defense attorneys actually spend on these cases.

Some of the judge's comments at the end indicate he's not going to roll over and let them continue spending a lot of money on these trials.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  2. Betty P

Betty P On Time Out

Yes, that was interesting. He seemed to be in quite a hurry to get out of the courtroom. He practically ran to the exit door.

3. Spyderlady

Spyderlady Well-Known Member

I noticed that too. Is there a chance he didn't realize they were waiting for him to recognize they were there? He always seems confident and relaxed, but maybe it's a facade and he's scared and not thinking clearly. JMO

Berrybell, Cool Cats, bowler and 2 others like this.
  4. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

He wants, by the end of December, any information that's deemed discoverable from anything RN contributes to the prosecution because of her talking to them as part of her plea deal. Prosecutor agreed. Also includes any discovery from the last search of the Flying W Farm.

5. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

Looked like a total dis to me, on his part. They were up, standing up ready, close to the bar, FW had her glasses off, shielding her eyes a bit, ready to look him in the face. He never even turn their way in the slightest.

6. Ann99

Ann99 Well-Known Member

idk moo
    Could be a big clue.
    Jake has the most to lose. He is the youngest and has a daughter who he could live to come to know and watch grow up, even if it is through prison visiting rooms.

7. Betty P

Betty P On Time Out

That's fairly routine, but I suppose he has to go on record to request it. I thought the same when they did the recent search at Flying W - more discovery. I wonder if anything was found during that search that has set the defendants and their attorneys on edge? Safe to assume RN's plea deal has worried them, but perhaps the search turned up something, too.

ETA: Well, break time for now. AW's hearing is at 1:30.

8. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

JW's attorneys sound as though they have not yet gone through all the evidence they have. They always talk about how much there is and how long it takes to go through all of it. They also seem to not know if they have all the evidence. I've wondered if they feel spending a lot of time going through the evidence will not do much good. They did seem concerned about what the Prosecution got from RN and the last search. My opinions only...

9. iulia

iulia Well-Known Member

10. Rutledge203

Rutledge203 Well-Known Member

As a divorced single mom I know it goes both ways. Family Court is difficult on everyone.

11. Nanasteele

Nanasteele Active Member

This coordinator request is ridiculous!

12. rescuemom

rescuemom Well-Known Member

thank you Johnny B for the redacted autopsies..****I apologize if this offensive**** did anyone notice that in only HG's report under EXTERNAL EXAMINATION:GENERAL it states: The pubic hair consists of redacted. What could that mean?? Again I apologize if this is offensive.

Berrybell likes this.
  13. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

It sounds to me like the Defense Attorneys want someone else to do the tedious work. They don't want to have to sift through everything. From what I've seen, it looks like the Prosecution has things organized fairly well for them already. I get a feeling the Defense Attorneys are pretty much overwhelmed with all the evidence. MOO.

14. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Next pretrial hearing for Jake is 2/10/20 @ 1:30pm.

15. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

Yes, I know of cases where mothers got a bad deal when they don't have the money for a good specialized attorney and their Ex did...

16. Rutledge203

Without adding any sensitive words.... she just had a baby. I would assume that blood was redacted.

Berrybell likes this.
  17. Rutledge203

That was me. But I did the best I could. I even went without a lawyer. Argued for myself. I did ok.

Those days are past me now. My Daughter is 30 and has 3 children. I don't regret any of the struggles. Kids are the best thing in life.

18. Rutledge203

YES YES YES

Cool Cats and Loomis124 like this.
  19. rescuemom

rescuemom Well-Known Member

HG not HMR

Rutledge203 and bowler like this.
  20. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

I was Mr. Mom to a five year old daughter, a son my Ex dumped on me because she said she couldn't handle him, and a daughter that moved in to go to the local technical school. I had a few struggles, too, but loved every minute of it. My youngest is also in there 30s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.