OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
CC
You wrote yesterday about on the 13 of March of 2020 the prosecution and the defense is going to meet at the BCI to listen/watch the recording that the LE has of GW4 threatens to murder high ranking officials and also talks about a prison break if all the Wagners didn’t get arrested, I’m not trying to make anyone mad but someone that is a family member or a really close friend of the family wore a wire around the 4 Wagners, whoever’s has the wire on took their on life into their hands because if Billy or one of the others discovered it, (JMO) the person wearing it would be dead, I think a close family members probably had their phone hacked and didn’t know it, that is how think LE listened On the 4 Wagners.
CC
We might find out by GW4 next court date where the Wire Tap came from,
What’s everyone else opinion on the Wire Tap.

Johnny, don't get your hope up on hearing anything this soon. Just like you, I'm waiting anxiously.

Yes, there has been only one silencer mentioned. The MSM wording is they left behind parts to make a silencer and a silencer was found in the Wagner well.

So they had silencer (parts) evidence before they even found the maglite silencer part(s) in the well. This means they now have at least 2 different locations on Wagner property where they actually found parts to make a silencer.

Also, the maglite silencer part(s) must have produced some type of forensic evidence that linked to the Wagners because the ballistics report from the Wagner's well was taken to the GR and that was the final piece of the puzzle for DeWine to get the indictments.

The well part really threw me. In all the countryside they have around them one of them could have taken a long walk in the woods and buried evidence and no one would find it. Why leave evidence on the property? They spent a lot of time thinking and talking about this why take the chance? Do you have any thoughts on this?

The word "or" in all the charges makes it nearly impossible for us to figure them out specifically, but I have faith that the Prosecution has more than enough evidence needed to put the 4 Wagners away forever. JMO
Yes! They write these indictments in such a way as to "cover alot of bases" including using terms like:

---And/or John Doe
---Or procure another person to intercept or attempt to intercept.
---And or any other identified and/or unknown individuals.
---Or a person with whom the said Wagner conspired.
---A group of persons associated in fact, including but not limited to.
---Multiple locations, known and unknown.

Last edited:
Thanks. We've discussed this before.

Before January 31st 2021 Jake's attorneys can waive speedy trial again if they feel they need more time, but then it is up to the judge. The defense will need to show good cause for needing to waive Jake's speedy trial time past January 2021.

How Long Can a Felony Case Stay Open? - JobsForFelonsHub.com

The length of a felony case will vary. The defendant has a right to a speedy trial, so the length of the case should ideally reflect what a defendant wants.

Depending on the complexity of the crime and defense tactics, the length of time to go to trial can be months or drawn out for years. However, drawn-out court cases are expensive and difficult to sustain.

As for how much evidence the prosecution must show:

The prosecution only has to present enough evidence to prove their case and all the aggravating factors. The prosecution might find it unnecessary to present every single piece of their evidence.

One reason there is so much evidence in the Wagner Cases is because the State needs specific evidence for each of the different charges and aggravating factors and there are 22 (Jake 23) charges for each of them with many aggravating factors such as burglary and use of a dangerous ordinance.
I believe the dangerous ordinances are the automatic weapons and silencers.

Good lists --
Ohio statute of which weapons are dangerous ordinances and also which ones are not:

Legal Definition of Dangerous Ordinance Legal Definitions Legal Questions & Answers

I appreciate the fact that someone asked and we got an answer.

Good evening Loomis, glad to see you posting tonight, do you have any thoughts on the Wire Tap?

Thanks, Johnny. I miss the days of being able to research. Have a new, very demanding job, but try to stay informed here. Thankful for Cool Cats research and everyone that helps keep this thread alive and well. Justice for HG and the Rhodens!

As for the wiretap, I am still puzzled.

At the point we are now, I tend to think BCI investigators wiretapped FW's house somehow someway, after the Wagners' return from Alaska. I think Billy lived there upon returning, and certainly by then, the Ws knew they were going to be arrested, and especially after the Grand Jury questioned FW and RN in July 2018. Perhaps that prompted the 4 Wagners to meet and discuss escape, revenge and such. There is no telling what all was discussed, IMO. I do believe it was wiretapped, but not on an individual in attendance. JW's wife had already fled for her life. No one else in their right mind would be at such a meeting, even wired.

I believe it was probably a wire placed at FWs and agents were parked down the road in a van, listening and recording. Like in criminal TV shows. And BINGO the Wagners spit it out, loud and clear. Especially GW4, the toughest of all. Now that some of the revenge has been proven (Reader, IMO), the chickens are coming home to roost, and Freddie is sweating bullets. Oops.

All just my off-and-on thoughts and of course my OPINION.

The well part really threw me. In all the countryside they have around them one of them could have taken a long walk in the woods and buried evidence and no one would find it. Why leave evidence on the property? They spent a lot of time thinking and talking about this why take the chance? Do you have any thoughts on this?

Not really sure. Wish we knew more.

Yes, GW4 would have to agree to plea and I am guessing that he wants to go to trial because I haven't seen anything different since he wanted to go to trial last September 4th:

STATE OF OHIO -vs- WAGNER, IV, GEORGE WASHINGTON

09/04/2019 08:30 AM JURY TRIAL

If the tapes are incriminating I believe he will want his attorneys to fight against them etc...

Ok I am going to make a post for the very first time, even tho I have followed this case right here on Websleuths even since the very beginning. I guess I was "lurking" in WS language as I have followed it very closely and feel like I know you all! I also feel like I know the Rhoden family and Hannah Gilley and my heart breaks for them and I want to see them get justice. I am so nervous to post though. I don't believe I have to repeat Cool Cats post as this reply or opinion is right below it. I hope am doing this right. IMO, GW4 looks the most upset, the most almost angry, because he has learned that the conversations with the family were taped, reported somehow, doubt it was someone wearing a wire, but don't believe they have said how they actually got the conversations. But IMO, GW4 didn't think he was in quite as deep as the others as he was there doing his part for the family's sake, for his brother's sake and that he really did not think they would get caught. And now he has found out that LE knows he was the most vocal regarding what they should do if they were caught, the revenge upon DeWine, Sheriff Reader, a BCI officer I believe, and anyone else who turned them in. He is aware he is in very deep now, if he wasn't aware before. This is my opinion only. Also even tho I don't believe anyone called them such, I myself would consider them spree killers instead of serial killers. Thanks for letting me "get my feet wet" and give my opinion.

Humm? Good question. Why throw evidence down your own well?
Since you asked me I have a couple theories:

This is something a person does when they are in a huge hurry and don't have time to hide the evidence.

The Wagners would have had to drive pretty far away to dispose evidence because LE would use metal detectors to search but the Wagners had to get everything done before 6:30 am. It was turkey season and the hunters were legally allowed to start hunting 30 minutes before sunrise and sunrise on April 22nd 2016, was at 6:49am. So hunters could start hunting that day basically around 6:19am.

After the Wagners get home from disposing evidence they find some of their maglite and they panic because they are out of time but can't bury it near their property because a metal detector would pick it up. Being amateurs, not thinking it through, panicking, no sleep, and on the spur of the moment they toss it down the well.

Or a Wagner got lazy.

So weeks go by and a Wagner finds maglite in his barn that fell on the floor or whatever. He's busy, has stuff to do, doesn't feel like using up gas, driving out to the boonies, hiding where he parks, hiking far away from the road, then clearing brush and having to dig a deep hole.

Nah, so much easier to just chuck it down the well, no one needs to know, not even the other Wagners. It's all good - no metal detector can get it now.

Meanwhile, 3 of the Wagners are sitting in jail wondering how in the heck did maglite get down their well?...:confused:

https://sunrise-sunset.org/us/cincinnati-oh/2016/4

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. So far only one silencer has been mentioned, correct? I have often wondered if automatic weapons or even explosives, could have been the "dangerous ordnance" referred to one or more of the indictments. JMO

That's an interesting thought, re: explosives. That would be one way to control people, the threat of using an explosive. MOO

Didn't they also stash a partially destroyed copy of Boondock Saints on their own property too? It baffles me too. There are so many better places that come to mind.

Maybe they're controlling enough to want to keep everything on their property?

Desire for a souvenir(s)?

I’m afraid you are going to be in for some shocks once trials start. For an example, I’ll use Sidney Moorer’s trial in Heather Elvis’s kidnapping case. The Moorer’s had home surveillance cameras on their property and in Sidney’s retrial, prosecution had video evidence of the Moorer’s spending hours cleaning the truck used to kidnap and murder her inside and out and BURNING the rags and materials as they were cleaning. In Sidney’s first trial (which was hung), the judge wouldn’t allow that video, saying it was prejudicial. It WAS allowed in the retrial, and jurors even said when they gave interviews after the guilty verdict that the video was instrumental in reaching a guilty verdict. They had seen pictures of how filthy their house was on the inside, and said they weren’t clean people so to spend that much time cleaning a brand new truck and then burning new rags after cleaning showed guilt. It’s not a no brainer that everything the prosecution has will make it, especially with THIS JUDGE, IMO...
I am sure JW's wife over heard things. She ran for her own safety and will be one of the major witnesses of how dangerous they are!

Hmm, this case just might get even more interesting and twisted in the weeks to come. JMOO??

You've piqued my curiosity...are you able to share your thoughts as to why you think the case will possibly become more interesting and twisted soon? Is it related to the upcoming meeting between the prosecution team and defense teams meeting later this month to coordinate the discovery materials?

Didn't they also stash a partially destroyed copy of Boondock Saints on their own property too? It baffles me too. There are so many better places that come to mind.

Yes

I have also asked this... and am starting to think they held on to all the stuff for a few days- then thought they were being 'watched' closely if they left their home areas.

IMO if you have the time to throw stuff down a well... you could have walked off the property into the woods and made a small hole. LE couldn't just look anywhere for no reason. Then you can always use the framing argument that someone else buried it there to make you/y'all look even more guilty.

Well... controlling does seem to be an issue of theirs. I don't know why they ditched it... that video among a bunch of others doesn't look nearly as sinister.

Bobby’s first thought could have been the smell: metal and damp, like pennies clutched too long in a sweaty palm. She went down the hallway, yelling “Rhoden?” She found her sister’s ex-husband on the floor, bloodied and still, covered up. Blood caked the carpet and Bobby saw Chris Sr.’s cousin Gary Rhoden, who’d apparently been visiting, lying on the floor, too. She started to hyperventilate. She ran back to her truck, screaming for her phone.
Murder on Union Hill Road | Hazlitt

I still don’t know why the accused killers would cover Big Chris Rhodens body up, when a person body is found covered up LE says its done out of compassions for that person but if the Wagners and Rhodens family where arguing with each other the weeks prior why show compassion towards Big Chris unless they where trying to hide him but that doesn’t sound right because Gary Rhoden was laid across CRSR legs,
Does anyone have a comment of what you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288