OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am not mistaken, The Prosecution must, under Discovery, reveal what evidence they have gathered for the trial. It does not mean that the State will actually present that evidence to the jury. The State is not required to reveal it's strategy to the Defense at all. Therefore everything in evidence must be known to the defense so their case may be made. In a case like this with tons of evidence, The Defense has a monumental job preparing explanations for every little bit or piece in the Discovery files. The State will be looking for weak arguments from the W's defense and be ready to pounce. This thing might make the OJ Simpson trial look dull.

IMO
All the discovery has been turned over to the Defense. First they said they could not access the info on the drives. Then they wanted to know what part of all the discovery the Prosecution intended to use. They have claimed info was missing when the file format was the same but the portable hard drive was larger capacity. They “lost” one of the external drives. They requested help in organizing the discovery. There was a meeting with Prosecution and Defense to go over what parts of some of the discovery would be used in court. After all this, they are still saying they have not been given every from the Prosecution but at the same time have not turned over anything to the Prosecution according to a comment made by Prosecution in court.
All my opinion only due to not having links to all the claims made.

I don't recall anything about JW truck being junked and then a 'WS consensus' about it ending up in a junk lot in WV.

You need to provide a link. (JW truck being junked and ending up in WV) or state that it is your opinion

It is the posters (not the reader) responsibility to provide the confirmation link per WS TOS.

Do you have a link or is it opinion?

It's my opinion that this information came from a discussion other WS members had on the topic back some time ago.

Changing the subject, how does everyone think the judge will rule on Billy Wagner's request for reasonable bail?

Call it JMO. I'm not sure why this topic is being discussed in such a confusing manner, nor why it needs to be discussed at all. Trying to read the tea leaves and divine the meaning of meager, scant information listed on discovery lists is fraught with error. I'm sure no one here wants to disseminate information here that could mislead the public or confuse those who are trying to follow the case.

When waiting for a trial in a case that has been discussed extensively in the news media and analyzed here at WS, I find it best to avoid these kinds of discussions. The only end up with people fighting and the thread getting closed. Just my observations from many years following cases at WS.

Busy afternoon IRL, I'll find your link later. For now, pretend I didn't say it. Why is it even relevant? Can someone explain? It's details we will learn when the trials begin.

MOO, JMO, IMO

Betty, IMO, Jake's truck and its history is very worth discussing. I've never heard the junk yard in Missouri being discussed before now. Thanks much.

Betty, IMO, Jake's truck and its history is very worth discussing. I've never heard the junk yard in Missouri being discussed before now. Thanks much.

The theory was about selling the truck to someone who junked it in WV or something similar. Missouri was never part of the discussion. Pike County is not too far from the WV border.

Since the Rhoden discussion threads were moved to the Trials section, I'm having a difficult time searching the old threads. The search feature doesn't seem to be working on them. It may involve a thread by thread analysis which could take hours or days.

It's worth looking back on some of those old threads around the time of the arrests and the beginning of the release of discovery docs. A lot of WS members came back into the discussions when news of the arrests broke, so there were some good ideas and a little extra research on the internet.

Once the trials are close to beginning, we'll see a lot of other members come back to the discussion.

We also did a lot of research on the special crime scene reconstruction tools that the prosecution has used. the FARO scans. Very interesting stuff that can tell a LOT about the killers.

Crime Scene Analysis Applications - FARO Technologies UK Ltd

What more do you think there is to discuss about JW's truck and it's history? Do you have access to this information?

Was this one of the trucks taken to AK?

I've never seen Missouri and JW's truck discussed together. Please fill us in.

Last edited:
What more do you think there is to discuss about JW's truck and it's history? Do you have access to this information?

Was this one of the trucks taken to AK?

I've never seen Missouri and JW's truck discussed together. Please fill us in.

I'm sorry, I meant WV. Got mixed up.

My opinion only is this. When they searched JW’s truck they found latent finger prints. Those were sent to the West Virginia lab for processing.
I don’t remember any mention of JW’s truck being in West Virginia or that it was in a junkyard anywhere. I could be wrong, of course.
Why wouldn't Ohio be able to run their own testing on fingerprints found on property in Ohio? That's why I think those prints originated on property in WV and were therefore processed/analyzed in WV.

Why wouldn't Ohio be able to run their own testing on fingerprints found on property in Ohio? That's why I think those prints originated on property in WV and were therefore processed/analyzed in WV.

You have a point, unless there was some special process involved? Ohio BCI handled much of the basic lab work, specialty stuff was sent out to contractors.

The CJIS Division is the largest division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and is located in a half million square foot main facility on a 986-acre (4.0 km²) tract in Clarksburg, West Virginia. CJIS services located at this site include the National Crime Information Center (NCIC), Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS), LEO Enterprise Portal (LEO-EP), National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR), and the Law Enforcement National Data Exchange (N-DEx).[1]

The mission of CJIS is to reduce terrorist and criminal activities by maximizing the ability to provide timely and relevant criminal justice information to the FBI and to qualified law enforcement, criminal justice, civilian, academic, employment, and licensing agencies concerning individuals, stolen property, criminal organizations/activities, and other law enforcement-related data.[1]

The CJIS Division is the largest division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and is located in a half million square foot main facility on a 986-acre (4.0 km²) tract in Clarksburg, West Virginia. CJIS services located at this site include the National Crime Information Center (NCIC), Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS), LEO Enterprise Portal (LEO-EP), National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR), and the Law Enforcement National Data Exchange (N-DEx).[1]

The mission of CJIS is to reduce terrorist and criminal activities by maximizing the ability to provide timely and relevant criminal justice information to the FBI and to qualified law enforcement, criminal justice, civilian, academic, employment, and licensing agencies concerning individuals, stolen property, criminal organizations/activities, and other law enforcement-related data.[1]
Latent prints were found and checked in the fingerprint database against the Wagner's standard prints. About as easy as it gets. Fingerprints in a car found in Ohio would not need to be sent to this type of lab in WV unless they needed help identifying the prints, which clearly wasn't the case.

Even Pike County would have access to a fingerprint database. Also it was the WV State Patrol that was involved and Ohio has their own State Patrol. Patrol involves vehicles and roads. Ohio State Patrol doesn't need to have WV State Patrol run their fingerprints.

It's just some posters' opinions that Jake's truck was found in WV and that is why the fingerprints were processed by the WV State Patrol. If the truck had been found in Kentucky then Kentucky's State Patrol would have processed the vehicle and then run the fingerprints then shared the file with Ohio as the evidence shows WV did.

To me it seems obvious but it's just my take on it. A lot of posters see it differently and that is fine, perhaps they can share their own theories.

2 Cents...:cool:...Only

Last edited:
Latent prints were found and checked in the fingerprint database against the Wagner's standard prints. About as easy as it gets. Fingerprints in a car found in Ohio would not need to be sent to this type of lab in WV unless they needed help identifying the prints, which clearly wasn't the case.

Even Pike County would have access to a fingerprint database. Also it was the WV State Patrol that was involved and Ohio has their own State Patrol. Patrol involves vehicles and roads. Ohio State Patrol doesn't need to have WV State Patrol run their fingerprints.

It's just some posters' opinions that Jake's truck was found in WV and that is why the fingerprints were processed by the WV State Patrol. If the truck had been found in Kentucky then Kentucky's State Patrol would have processed the vehicle and then run the fingerprints then shared the file with Ohio as the evidence shows WV did.

To me it seems obvious but it's just my take on it. A lot of posters see it differently and that is fine, perhaps they can share their own theories.

We can only see the index page in each Discovery. IMO, Prosecution is deliberately vague in their index descriptions.

The wording I find interesting is the use of "WV State Patrol". That would indicate to me the State had jurisdiction and had collected the evidence and processed it.

There also has been mention of a Clarksburg FBI center in WV. That would be a Federal Agency jurisdiction.

Painfully, the words I really hate to use - We won't really know until the trials.....

JMO

We can only see the index page in each Discovery. IMO, Prosecution is deliberately vague in their index descriptions.

The wording I find interesting is the use of "WV State Patrol". That would indicate to me the State had jurisdiction and had collected the evidence and processed it.

There also has been mention of a Clarksburg FBI center in WV. That would be a Federal Agency jurisdiction.

Painfully, the words I really hate to use - We won't really know until the trials.....

JMO

speedy-header-678x381.jpg

The Tragic Demise Of A Right To A Speedy Trial - Redoubt News

West Virginia doesn't have a State Patrol, they're called the West Virginia State Police. Not a huge deal, just someone from Ohio accustomed to referring to their Highway Patrol, typing a document.

Tried to find the articles about the Excursion being searched in Kentucky, no luck, something has changed with google in the past week to ten days. Edit: search terms just bring you back here or nowhere at all.. or it's all under safekeeping.

I would think if the FBI center was used, the document would list FBI not WVSP.

Last edited:

REPLY TO my own post:

I meant to say WV instead of Missouri - my bad mistake.

Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
West Virginia State Police, not patrol.
The Clarksburg FBI center is where NCIC is located.
NCIC is used by all Law Enforcement in USA.
I don't know why WVSP was involved.
The feds could have been involved because of the interstate transportation of vehicles, suspects or the use of a regulated communications system in furtherance of a conspiracy.
Or maybe not, IMO.

Here is what I have been told so there is no link. Call it an opinion.
The fact that the finger print analysis is listed after Jake’s truck search means nothing about the two being related. That is just the order in which it was listed. Had it been associated with Jake’s truck search, it would have been indented like the three items under Jake’s truck search warrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasstar1968