OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #56

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

Well, what's your theory about fingerprint testing in WV? TIA

sunshineray likes this.

2. Betty P

I think you're right, Dudly. There would usually be an indentation following if they were related. Fingerprint analysis could have been done for prints from any of the other evidence collected.

3. Betty P

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

The defense attorneys want to have it both ways, as usual.

Their original purpose in waiving the right to a speedy trial so they had enough time to receive, process and examine the evidence. They have dragged it out several times by arguing and trying to get evidence thrown out, something that's only done when the trial begins.

JMO, all the delays by the defense attorneys indicate they aren't optimistic about the prospects for their clients getting an acquittal. Perhaps they're even worried about them getting the DP? JMO, they're also trying to build a foundation to continue years of appeals in the (likely) event their clients are convicted. It's the usual stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2020
    Puzzles8 and Dudly like this.
  4. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I am here for Justice for the Manleys, Gilleys, and Rhodens.

This should be clear at this point. Plus I have relatives, my young in-laws, who actually knew some of them through the derbies and were friends with them on social media. I never kept this secret and it is what led me to get involved with this case.

Justice in this case means everything to me and to people in my family. Several people in my family went to the UHR Church Balloon Remembrance Launch. Which is why I have posted photos of it from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2020
  5. chigger

chigger Active Member

I don't really have a theory, just making the statement, Betty P !

NWLady and Berrybell like this.
  6. iridized

iridized Well-Known Member

I enjoy your posts Cool Cats. You clearly do not suffer from emotional dysregulation.

BeckyF, grillzgirl, Cool Cats and 3 others like this.
  7. Betty P

Well, if you have a theory, please feel free to share it. :)

There's a lot of evidence that's been gathered by the state. It seems like they have a pretty strong case, but they'll present it all carefully. It's a lot for the average armchair sleuth to keep up with. :D

8. Johnny B Bad

Johnny B Bad Well-Known Member

MT THEORY ABOUT WV FINGERPRINT IN WEST VIRGINIA is that the HOMELAND SECURITY office is located Charleston and Mike DeWine said that the HomeLand Security was involved in gathering evidence against the Wagners, JMO

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    rootbeer, MizStery, Betty P and 3 others like this.
  9. Antimony

Antimony Well-Known Member

The Homeland Security office in Charleston is called the FUSION center. It is a WV office. There is a FUSION center in Columbus. Of course it is called THE Ohio State Fusion Center. Every state has one.

molly1255, Berrybell and Puzzles8 like this.
  10. Loomis124

Loomis124 Former Member

Prior to hearing the theory this week about Jake's truck being sold, junked, whatever (which we still don't have proof), I always just thought Jake and George IV were in it when they were arrested in Ross County? Just my opinion only, I have no proof what they were driving. JMO

Berrybell and Johnny B Bad like this.
  11. Loomis124

Loomis124 Former Member

Isn't it possible G3, G4 and Jake were stopped routinely while going through WVA. What if they all had hotel rooms, and Angela and the kids stayed back while the three went to get beer and cigarettes and got pulled over? Seems like I remember us discussing, where was Angela? ALL JUST OPINION, NO FACTS

Berrybell likes this.
  12. Loomis124

Loomis124 Former Member

@Merrygirl are you perhaps lurking? I have a question. TY

Berrybell likes this.
  13. Betty P

I'll do some searches tomorrow, but I think there has been discussion about the vehicles the Wags took to AK vs those the sold or otherwise left behind. I recall when we were looking at some news photos of their vehicles in AK.

When BCI put the GPS tracker on Jake and James Manley's vehicles what truck was Jake driving then?

14. Puzzles8

Puzzles8 Exonerated Mountain Lion

The vehicles that I'm aware of are the two Dodge trucks that were searched on the 41 property right before they left for AK. I'm assuming these were also the same trucks they traveled to AK in. One was light grey the other was either black or dark grey. There are pictures of them in the DM article 6/2017 on their AK property.

I have no idea whether either of these trucks were the ones LE searched January/2019.

Does anyone remember the approx. date the Excursion was put up for sale and sold?

MizStery, Betty P and Berrybell like this.
  15. Johnny B Bad

I thought in the beginning of the arrest there was 2 dodge truck and a 1500 Chevy, JMO

Wagner family members arrested in execution-style murders of Pike Co., OH family
    DeWine’s office was unusual and explicit:

“Investigators are interested in receiving information regarding any interactions, conversations, dealings, or transactions that the public may have had with these individuals, which could be personal, business or otherwise. Specifically, information could include, but is not limited to, information regarding vehicles, firearms and ammunition.”

MizStery, Betty P and Berrybell like this.
  16. Johnny B Bad

The Wagners moved back to the area in the spring when the ran out of money, authorities have told FOX19 NOW.

Jake Wagner had custody of his daughter with Hanna Rhoden. Before the slayings, authorities have said the two were embroiled in a contentious custody battle.

The Wagners had denied that and said the dispute had been amicably settled.

Sophia was in the care of the Wagners at the time of the killings and was not in the home when they occurred, Reader has said.

READ MORE: Investigators focused on family of 4 in unsolved Rhoden family killings

Continued Searches

In August, two properties were searched in connection with the slayings: one in Pike County and another in Scioto County.

Authorities never explained why the properties were searched or said what, if anything, they seized, or what led them to have enough probable cause for search warrants.

The searches took place over several hours during the afternoon and evening of Aug. 16 under heavy law enforcement presence that included SWAT teams.

molly1255, Berrybell and Puzzles8 like this.
  17. Johnny B Bad

So with the LE quoting the Wagners where broke when they moved back to Ohio and the lady that ran the little store that was on the news quoting the Wagners like to stop in her store and buy pop, sandwich and cigarettes, that make a lot of you fellow Sluthers posting on here the last couple days are all RIGHT, JMO

molly1255 and Berrybell like this.
  18. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

September 16, 2016 is the date on that ad AW posted...that picture someone recently posted on this thread. I hope it's alright to repost.

https://i.imgur.com/OGZiczt_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

rootbeer, Berrybell, Puzzles8 and 3 others like this.
  19. Johnny B Bad

upload_2020-7-28_11-10-54.jpeg
    Why would the Wagners burn a movie VCR????
    This is a 2015 year.

Berrybell, bunnylady and Puzzles8 like this.
  20. NotHammerToed

NotHammerToed Well-Known Member

Wonder if the vcr was used by Chris Sr as surveillance where he grew his pot? Maybe the reason he was shot so many times was to get info on where it was located so they could remove it? Just a theory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.