OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH - Sheriff Charles Reader, charged with theft in office, Pike County, 29 June 2019

Here is the THREAD to discuss Sheriff Charles Reader's charges and plea etc...
There are links to articles on this thread, this thread has the information to get everyone up to speed on Reader's Case.

No, the tampering is not tampering with Rhoden evidence, BCI secured the evidence, the tampering is related to something completely different.

Last edited:
Brentley had been sleeping on the couch. (IN the paragraph under the picture.)

'I picked up daddy's hand, and it just fell,' said 3-year-old after he found murdered father | wgrz.com
Had would be the operative word here. If he was sleeping on the couch and was awakened by the noise he might have ran hid under his fathers bed and came out only when he heard BJM's voice telling him to open the door ergo both statements could be true. But the statement he was in the bed is incorrect. He hid under the bed where his father was sleeping with his soon to be stepmother. The podcast reporters should have worded it to make it clearer.

JMO

I think you misunderstood. The podcast said that BR hid under the bed where his father was sleeping with his soon to be stepmother.

JMO
Agree. BR's father was sleeping in the bed with BR's soon to be stepmother.
BR slept on the couch, the 6 month old was sleeping between them.

According to the Podcast BR hid under the bed until LE showed up.

This is not at all what BJM said or BR's mom (C-Rob) said.

The person who said this admitted that C-Rob refused to talk to them when they knocked on her door. So I do not believe C-Rob told them this.

This under the bed thing is a rumor that should be squashed in my opinion.

Just like the other thing they got wrong on that podcast. That 2 defendants were denied a change of venue. Wrong. There are absolutely no rulings on this yet. Angie's attorney said he filed a Change of Venue Motion in case he might need it in the future.

Pike County murders: Mother’s attorney asks court for new venue, to drop death penalty

Attorneys for Angela Wagner, 48, asked the court to consider moving the case outside Pike County Common Pleas Court to ensure she receives “a fair trial before a jury untainted by pre-trial publicity.”

Wagner’s attorney, Robert Krapenc, said he filed the motion “out of an abundance of caution.”

“My opinion of the process is that I filed a motion so I could preserve the right at a later date,” Krapenc said. “I would probably ask the judge not to rule on that motion until we try to find a jury in Pike County.”

Last edited:
Not Johnny, but probably from that podcast which IMO, is full of crap. First time I listened to it, and last time for me. :rolleyes:

I'm still trying to get through the second epi, but I keep getting interrupted. If that's where this info came from, shame on the podcast folks. Even news stories at the time implied they were found together in bed with the baby between them. Both victims' gunshot wounds were from very close range.

We had a discussion about this a couple of years ago. The big problem, IMO, was that they had to kill both victims nearly simultaneously. Had Frankie awakened, he would have put up a huge fight. He likely had a gun close by. They had to move very fast, in the dark, to commit those murders.

We know GW4 was wearing a "Captain America" mask. The others probably wore masks, too. They were also using silencers, so unless they talked a lot, Brently probably didn't recognize them. Poor baby.

CC
I have questions, Frankie, Hannah Gilley, Dana, Hanna, and Little Chris was shot and killed with a 22, 1911 pistol right, How did the Wagners shoot and kill each one of these victims with the same gun without anybody waking up????
We don’t have the whole story yet, JMO

Some background from Court TV

This is an inappropriate picture of DR and should not be on here. Obviously, she did not intend for it to be shared with the world. I think it is very disrespectful for any news source to blast it as the beginning photo to such a devastating article. How would we feel if this was a member of our family?

By the way, let us not forget she was shot under the chin once, and four times methodically around the right side of her head.

Death cannot come to the killers soon enough, in my opinion.

Last edited:
CC
I have questions, Frankie, Hannah Gilley, Dana, Hanna, and Little Chris was shot and killed with a 22, 1911 pistol right, How did the Wagners shoot and kill each one of these victims with the same gun without anybody waking up????

3 different calibers of guns were used in the murders not just the the 22. That means that one killer could have headed to say, Dana's room while a different killer headed to say, Hanna's room both at the same time.

Scheiderer said that Dana, Chris Jr. and Hanna were in bed and because they were in bed that is how they suspected a silencer was used. According to Scheiderer, silencers made it so that they did not hear enough to wake up, or at least hear enough to wake up and get out of bed. Yes silencers still make noise but you have to calculate into the equation that this was done quickly so even if they started to wake up they had no time to react. It takes time to wake up. So basically it appears that 6 victims were in bed most likely asleep and 2 were not.

So my theory that James saw Dana's legs by the front door is incorrect. She was in bed. So much for my assumptions.

Why LE didn't find Chris Jr. when they first went in we don't know but perhaps Chris Jr. was killed next to his bed or at least in his room, this has always been a bit mysterious. Perhaps LE didn't find Chris Jr. the minute they looked for him due to other reasons, such as not realizing he was there. There can be different variables. LM had to tell them Chris was there. Remember, LE did not know the layouts of the homes or who lived there etc....

One shell casing was recovered fired from a 22 rifle, underneath the crib in Hanna May's bedroom. 22 shell casings were found at Chris senior's fired from the same gun, on his porch, in living room and under his house.

GW4 attorney:
Can you explain to the court what you have in regard to ballistic information?

Scheiderer:
We know the three calibers of firearms that were used to commit these murders.

GW4 Attorney:
And they were?

Scheiderer:
A 22 caliber long rifle, a 40 caliber, and a 30 caliber.

Last edited:
Some background from Court TV

DR was a very beautiful woman, and I'm sure she didn't intend for this FB photo to blast as a beginning photo of such a devasting newscast, announcing her murder and the murders of her family. I just think it lacks extremely POOR judgment for a news source to do such, and i intend to let them know that.

I'm just curious about something...does anyone remember seeing any pictures of FW with little SW or BW? Or FW with Jake and George? Or, even FW with Billy, Bobby or Robin? I do remember one with Bob and Frederica with a dog. Hmmm. Just wondering.

Did you listen to the podcast???? The very same reporters that gave us the first information is the ones that are on the program! Those Reports went to a lot of family members homes that you and I have not did! So maybe some of the information is off but I know one thing the stuff that some of you all have put on here from new reports has been off also, so how can you all say the podcast is not true when Jeff Winkler was one of the first reports on the Rhodens Massacre, JMO
It makes me shudder and feel ill to think of that sweet little boy hiding under that murder bed. Bad enough is his little brother's experience but to think BR was awake and hiding in that room is just so upsetting.

This is an inappropriate picture of DR and should not be on here. Obviously, she did not intend for it to be shared with the world. I think it is very disrespectful for any news source to blast it as the beginning photo to such a devastating article. How would we feel if this was a member of our family?

By the way, let us not forget she was shot under the chin once, and four times methodically around the right side of her head.

Death cannot come to the killers soon enough, in my opinion.

Pardon? Which picture is that?

It makes me shudder and feel ill to think of that sweet little boy hiding under that murder bed. Bad enough is his little brother's experience but to think BR was awake and hiding in that room is just so upsetting.
Not true... Just an irresponsible statement with no fact whatsoever to back it up, from someone on a podcast. There is no indication he was hiding anywhere. He did pick up his dad's hand, his mom found that out later when helping him talk about it, plus he went to counseling.

'I picked up daddy's hand, and it just fell,' said 3-year-old after he found murdered father | wgrz.com

Last edited:
Last edited:
Again, there is no evidence that a .22 rifle firearm was used in these crimes.
The ".22 Long Rifle" that has been mentioned by LE is a CALIBER of a cartridge.
A "BULLET", if you will.

Next:
Are any of the W's left handed?

CC

A .22 pistol with a silencer will not make a loud noise. Two people in one bed could be shot in seconds. One person would not have time to be fully awake after the other was shot. The first two shots could have been one in each person to incapacitate them. It is possible CRjr was awakened by the gunshots and hid behind his bed. The second video compares the gun shot to a staple gun for noise level.

h

Again, there is no evidence that a .22 rifle firearm was used in these crimes.
The ".22 Long Rifle" that has been mentioned by LE is a CALIBER of a cartridge.
A "BULLET", if you will.

Next:
Are any of the W's left handed?

If you watch the videos from JW’s court appearances, he appears to be left handed. Just an opinion from a left handed person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong