OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mount Etna Cemetery in Ohio - Find A Grave Cemetery

Divers return to property owned by Wagner matriarch in Rhoden murder probe
(You can see part of the cemetery sign here from WKRC search photo far right)

This cemetery ajoins Flying W Farms and is right there
where the divers were searching during the last FWF's search in what? September or October 2019.

WKRC-TV
Cincinnati Television Station

CC, but that isn't where George Jr. (Bob) is buried. He is actually in a family cemetery on the farm. I'll try to find the link. JMO till then.

CC, but that isn't where George Jr. (Bob) is buried. He is actually in a family cemetery on the farm. I'll try to find the link. JMO till then.

OK! Thanks Loomis ... I was focused on this cemetery, but I am cool if this is not the cemetery I thought he was laid to rest in.

I'm on this thread to learn not just to spout info ..... Thanks ... So if you find link then it's much appreciated. If you can't find it, still, I appreciate your efforts ... !

Screen-Shot-2013-07-22-at-8.58.38-AM.jp

Last edited:
My thoughts only-

I have been thinking about this -
The Elder Wagner being buried on the Wagner Family Flying W Farm.
I don't know anything about that specific kind of burial practice or laws governing.
Who or what entity is "responsible" for supervising that kind of event.

Is LE still looking for some pieces of evidence.
Maybe a gun, a silencer.

I am just wondering...
Who would have buried evidence in the grave, though? As I recall, the W4 were in Alaska when both grandfathers died and didn't come back to Ohio for either funeral. IMO

OK! Thanks Loomis ... I was focused on this cemetery, but I am cool if this is not the cemetery I thought he was laid to rest in.

I'm on this thread to learn not just to spout info ..... Thanks ... So if you find link then it's much appreciated. If you can't find it, still, I appreciate your efforts ... !

Well, sorry, there is no link. The many photos I saw were on a FB account, and the person has removed them.

Sorry, I don't know how to put all these quotes together other than this.

Ann99 said:

A very interesting old article considering all we have recently discussed.

Father charged in Pike County murders had past brushes with law

Loomis, this article is mostly about "prior acts".
However this info on Bob Wagners death is what I was looking for:

"What is now known — and what had long been suspected by those in Pike County — is that investigators in Ohio were on the family’s trail, even when they moved to Alaska’s remote Kenai peninsula.
And they stayed on the trail when the family came back to Ohio after Billy Wagner’s father, George W. “Bob” Wagner, died Aug. 21, 2017, and was buried on the family’s Flying W Farm."

I forgot he was buried on the Flying W Farm.

My thoughts only-
I don't know anything about that specific kind of burial practice or laws governing.
Maybe a gun, a silencer.
I am just wondering...

The link to the information about the burial on Flying W Farm is above.

It is the Dayton Daily News.

"And they stayed on the trail when the family came back to Ohio after Billy Wagner’s father, George W. “Bob” Wagner, died Aug. 21, 2017, and was buried on the family’s Flying W Farm."

I assume this newspaper has it correct, but, I don't really know. Sometimes mistakes are made.

His death certificate states “Wagner Family Cemetery” Lucasville.
Loomis & CC - Source is Pike County Probate
On the Probate site there is also a receipt for the casket, vault, body transfer and services by the local funeral home.
Hope that helps..

On the Probate site there is also a receipt for the casket, vault, body transfer and services by the local funeral home.
Hope that helps..

Thanks Tiff.
You have saved me from a road trip this weekend to Mount Etna Cemetery!
(I volunteer for Ancestry type searches to visit the rural cemeteries to look for clues/old graves for those searching for remote and generations ago family members from distant states or countries)
Maybe others are not familiar with the practice of burial on the farm.
In rural Ohio there are so many small family cemetery plots on what was once a very large family farm.
It is not unusual at all to be buried on the family farm.

Sorry, I don't know how to put all these quotes together other than this.

Ann99 said:

A very interesting old article considering all we have recently discussed.

Father charged in Pike County murders had past brushes with law

Loomis, this article is mostly about "prior acts".
However this info on Bob Wagners death is what I was looking for:

"What is now known — and what had long been suspected by those in Pike County — is that investigators in Ohio were on the family’s trail, even when they moved to Alaska’s remote Kenai peninsula.
And they stayed on the trail when the family came back to Ohio after Billy Wagner’s father, George W. “Bob” Wagner, died Aug. 21, 2017, and was buried on the family’s Flying W Farm."

I forgot he was buried on the Flying W Farm.

My thoughts only-
Maybe a gun, a silencer.
I am just wondering...

The link to the information about the burial on Flying W Farm is above.

It is the Dayton Daily News.

"And they stayed on the trail when the family came back to Ohio after Billy Wagner’s father, George W. “Bob” Wagner, died Aug. 21, 2017, and was buried on the family’s Flying W Farm."

I assume this newspaper has it correct, but, I don't really know. Sometimes mistakes are made.

WOW! Great information. I had forgotten that they came back when Bob died.

Also, yes, GW3 definitely has some prior bad acts! The gun was a Glock 40, and there was one used in the murders. However, the article states that gun was destroyed, but he most likely bought another one. JMO

Hope that helps..

Thank you so much! Excellent source that I had forgotten about.

Who would have buried evidence in the grave, though? As I recall, the W4 were in Alaska when both grandfathers died and didn't come back to Ohio for either funeral. IMO

This is a good question. Who?
I'm not sure the timing of the return would absolutely prohibit any "additions" to the plot.
I wish google earth were more detailed or there were less trees with leaves...

WOW! Great information. I had forgotten that they came back when Bob died.

Also, yes, GW3 definitely has some prior bad acts! The gun was a Glock 40, and there was one used in the murders. However, the article states that gun was destroyed, but he most likely bought another one. JMO
Yep. His favorite, a Glock.
And, we can wonder if the gun was really destroyed, but I don't want to start an argument...so, my opinion only.

I don't. JMO based on indictments and discovery documents.[/QUOT
I've thought about this before, too.
After the hole is dug, sneak in and dig a little deeper, drop evidence, cover it up, then wait for the funeral.
OMG!!!! I have had a gut feeling about the evidence being in the fathers grave but didn't say anything. I just have a strange feeling its near or in the grave. Families dig their own graves in private cemeteries or hire it done. The funeral homes have the vaults delivered and only stay while covering the grave up. I think that is a law. JMO

Thanks Tiff.
You have saved me from a road trip this weekend to Mount Etna Cemetery!
(I volunteer for Ancestry type searches to visit the rural cemeteries to look for clues/old graves for those searching for remote and generations ago family members from distant states or countries)
Maybe others are not familiar with the practice of burial on the farm.
In rural Ohio there are so many small family cemetery plots on what was once a very large family farm.
It is not unusual at all to be buried on the family farm.

You’re welcome.. The question I have, is was he the first “Wagner” buried at the “Wagner Family Cemetery” on the farm? Given it seems his immediate family was buried in Peebles (if I remember correctly so JMO).
Whether this was a first or not, it surely seems law enforcement would have considered the vault or burial site given the timing. Maybe they did search it and it hasn’t came out yet. Maybe not. Guess we wait to see.

You’re welcome.. The question I have, is was he the first “Wagner” buried at the “Wagner Family Cemetery” on the farm? Given it seems his immediate family was buried in Peebles (if I remember correctly so JMO).
Whether this was a first or not, it surely seems law enforcement would have considered the vault or burial site given the timing. Maybe they did search it and it hasn’t came out yet. Maybe not. Guess we wait to see.

The photo I saw had several headstones spaced out. The entrance had a simple iron arch/arbor, and the cemetery was pretty green, mowed grass. I did not see a fence. Without the photo, it's JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects