GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen where the Defense has filed any Discovery documents? Specifically, have they filed who their expert witnesses are and the subject of their testimony? Why does the Defense not have to file anything?

AC was pushing on the latter in the last hearing. She wants them to answer the questions about their defense experts. She asked for that info last year.

2021 MOTION NO. 67 DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO EXCLUDE EVIDENCE (DISCOVERY VIOLATION) FILED (VIA FAX) Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK
03/23/2021 MOTION NO. 68 DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO DEPOSE CRITICAL WITNESS PURSUANT TO CRIM. R. 15 FILED (VIA FAX) Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK
03/24/2021 COSTS FOR NOTICES MAILED
03/26/2021 MOTION NO. 67 DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO EXCLUDE EVIDENCE (DISCOVERY VIOLATION) FILED (ORIGINAL) Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK
03/26/2021 MOTION NO. 68 DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO DEPOSE CRITICAL WITNESS PURSUANT TO CRIM. R. 15 FILED (ORIGINAL) Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK

So I wonder what we will here on this about GW4????

2021 MOTION NO. 67 DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO EXCLUDE EVIDENCE (DISCOVERY VIOLATION) FILED (VIA FAX) Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK
03/23/2021 MOTION NO. 68 DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO DEPOSE CRITICAL WITNESS PURSUANT TO CRIM. R. 15 FILED (VIA FAX) Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK
03/24/2021 COSTS FOR NOTICES MAILED
03/26/2021 MOTION NO. 67 DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO EXCLUDE EVIDENCE (DISCOVERY VIOLATION) FILED (ORIGINAL) Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK
03/26/2021 MOTION NO. 68 DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO DEPOSE CRITICAL WITNESS PURSUANT TO CRIM. R. 15 FILED (ORIGINAL) Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK

So I wonder what we will here on this about GW4????
#67 She has turned over the transcripts I am pretty sure, but he still may try to argue and exclude it saying she was late turning it over. Do not think that will fly. I sure do hope we get some more tidbits about the older critical witness.

? Don't understand? Did he cut one off?
I have never noticed any type of bandage or bracelet type thing on him in court before. The first one is his last hearing the 2nd one is a previous court appearance.
172637839_4021119284606074_7906376947915290594_n.jpg
174432049_4029858613732141_708527069573124842_n.jpg

IMO, does it really matter at this point if GW removed the tat? It is already well documented he has/had it. I think it would bring greater relevance if he has it removed. JMO
It looks like he has been trying to do something to the tattoo (maybe cutting on it with something) also the score on his face could mean he has staff infection because his face has had that score before, JMO

Agree, but different states use Grand Juries to varying extents.

IMO, arresting JM was some type of LE tactic to keep him off the map for a while, so they could focus on the W4. It appears it was a good one, as LE started the massive searches just weeks later. Those searches were not planned spur of the moment, they were the result of a long and thorough investigation.

JMO, MOO, etc.

ETA - A long and thorough investigation the W4 had thrown MANY red herrings into. By arresting JM, LE was able to eliminate one of those red herrings.

Warrant issued to track James Manley's truck April 21, 2017

Wagner property searched Friday May 12 - Sunday May 14, 2017

James Manley arrested May 16, 2017

Charges dropped on James Manley May 22, 2017

"Investigators are attempting to pressure a Pike County murder victims’ relative into talking by charging him with evidence tampering and vandalism — charges that cost James Manley a job in Troy — his attorney alleged after learning Manley’s case would go before a grand jury."

Laser focus announcements from DeWine June 21, 2017

IMO, does it really matter at this point if GW removed the tat? It is already well documented he has/had it. I think it would bring greater relevance if he has it removed. JMO

I do not think it matters at all, it would just show that he figured out he should not have gotten it. I do not think it was removed, but his hand certainly was covered/different than before. Could be from an injury to his hand.

But... then there's the red truck, with all its mysteries. And Judge Hogan signed off on it. I'm just not clear it was all bogus, totally my opinion.

Remember, JM didn't own the red truck at the time of the murders. He acquired it not too long before LE put the tracker on it. It did look like someone had set up JM.

Remember, JM didn't own the red truck at the time of the murders. He acquired it not too long before LE put the tracker on it. It did look like someone had set up JM.

Betty, This is an important point and I'm glad you reminded us.

MO. Theory. Supposition.
Research was done on history of vehicle and no names were revealed per TOS. However, that may not be the end of the story as I believe in Southern Ohio many cars and especially old trucks are passed around among friends, neighbors, relatives even strangers without proper registration.
Vehicle registration, sale of vehicle, taxes, paperwork seems to be overlooked in many instances.
How did JM end up with the truck? idk.

I believe that they thought they had information on that truck/JM when they got that warrant but then found out they were incorrect.
Also another quote you provided. I will try to find it. Here it is:

"Investigators are attempting to pressure a Pike County murder victims’ relative into talking
by charging him with evidence tampering and vandalism — charges that cost James Manley a job in Troy — his attorney alleged after learning Manley’s case would go before a grand jury."

Laser focus announcements from DeWine June 21, 2017

Theory. MO. Supposition.
I think you are on to something here. Information on the truck.
It may be that they may have found out they were correct (who gave truck to JM) vs incorrect. PERHAPS A person JM would not willingly name.
Perhaps JM finally explained, and so JM was released, no details.
We may have to face the FACTS that some details about the " undercurrent of drugs" and or the business that overlapped with the W's may be a factor. And that info will come out in the trial, although not a motive. No disrespect meant.
MO.

Last edited:

We know he did not own it in paper. Sometimes people have vehicles for long times but do not get tags or change the title. It does not seem like he had it in his possession/owned at time of murders though.

MO.
I've been researching tattoos and court cases, appeals based upon tattos or tattoo revelations, presentations in court, or "suppositions" of meaning of tattoo in court.
Prosecution has to be very very careful here.
Appeals have been won by defendant for what we would think are minor, or common sense ideas.
Billy's Attorney may have asked to have the tattoo covered, or provided a cover, just as Defense attorneys usually provide street clothing. His defense will not make it easy for Prosecution or potential jury pool watching, to see tattoo or have cameras display it in court. It is my bet this cover was a result of Defense Attorney action. idk.
Or, Billy has some affliction, mark on face, and has had his hand covered in relation to that. Doubt it, but possible.
MO.

We know he did not own it in paper. Sometimes people have vehicles for long times but do not get tags or change the title. It does not seem like he had it in his possession/owned at time of murders though.

Do you have a personal theory as to how (or why) JM got the truck - who gave or lent it to him?
OI am not asking to name names, just do you have further thoughts on this point.
It is is so mysterious.

Does anyone have thoughts.

Theory. MO.
I think you are on to something here. Information on the truck.
It may be that they may have found out they were correct vs incorrect.
Correct - and so JM was released, no details.
We may have to face the FACTS that some details about the " undercurrent of drugs" and or the business that overlapped with the W's may be a factor. And that info will come out in the trial, although not a motive. No disrespect meant.
MO.

They thought they had information on JM/truck but may have found out they were incorrect as far as what the warrant stated. That was what I was saying.

The warrant, signed by Pike County Common Pleas Judge Timothy S. Hogan, indicated authorities believe the truck was “used as a means of the commission of the crime’’ of aggravated murder. Or it was in the possession of another person with the intent to use the vehicle as a means of committing the crime, the warrant stated.

Do you have a personal theory as to how (or why) JM got the truck - who gave or lent it to him?
OI am not asking to name names, just do you have further thoughts on this point.
It is is so mysterious.

Does anyone have thoughts.

From what I was told he bought the truck for very little because it needed a huge amount of work. I do not know who he actually bought it from. There is the name of the person on the title that owned it before him, however sometimes people sell a vehicle they bought to someone else and never even title it into their name before they sell it. There could have been one or more other owners before AM/JM got it and titled it into her name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong