GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since KR was shot in the left eye I'm wondering if it was done by a left hander? Isn't JW left handed? Being right handed it would seem I'd have to go out of my way to shoot someone in the left eye rather than they right.. IMO
JW is right handed as far as I can see. He signed the plea in court, with his right hand.

Also possible.
I do not think its common, my brother is ambidextrous is the only reason it popped into my mind.---Truly ambidextrous people only make up about 1 percent of the population. People who have no dominant hand, and can use both hands with equal skill, are about 1 in 100, though many people who are left-handed can use their non-dominant hand nearly as well as their dominant one.

I've been following the case sporadically from the start with long breaks. Forgive me if this has already been covered, I was under the impression that Chris Sr. got the new place for Dana and his 2 youngest children in anticipation of there being a custody fight over Sophia. The Wagners might have been able to claim that the Rhoden home wasn't suitable for a young child and gain custody, but the new place would thwart that argument. Could that be why the Wagner boys bought the Peterson Rd. place?

In this article: "Why did the Rhoden Family have so many cars?"
Cincinnati Enquirer
Chris Graves
cgraves@enquirer.com
May 18, 2016

Chris Graves was interviewing LM, BJM and a close friend and was told that Dana had recently reconciled with her ex-husband.

On top of that HR was having a 2nd child. If Chris was planning to move back and HR was having a second child that is 2 more people in a crowded single wide. And Frankie was engaged and had added a second child and that could have factored in. We don't know where he was living but he needed more room too.

They all needed more room, a bigger house. The house he bought had add-ons and was more suited to the growing family.

The Wagners? I have a hunch. They did a variety of nebulous "scams" to make a buck, I can think of several. So when Jake and George were basically given the Peterson Rd. property it gave them another shady way to make money.

Well they ended up doing it...made improvements to the property to make it more lucrative, then sold the property that had no mortgage on it (that they took out themselves) and after typical expenses they were able to pocket the money and then they probably used some of it to apply for the 2 fraudulent mortgages in Missouri.

I'm sure they weren't given free property just so they could use it as their personal piggy bank and then skip town and do fraudulent mortgages to buy a more expensive bigger house. That nice Missouri property with a large pond, nice land, big building outside.

...2 Cents...

Last edited:
Cincinnati Enquirer
Chris Graves
cgraves@enquirer.com
May 18, 2016

Chris Graves was interviewing LM, BJM and a close friend and was told that Dana had recently reconciled with her ex-husband.

On top of that HR was having a 2nd child. If Chris was planning to move back and HR was having a second child that is 2 more people in a crowded single wide. And Frankie was engaged and had added a second child and that could have factored in. We don't know where he was living but he needed more room too.

They all needed more room, a bigger house. The house he bought had add-ons and was more suited to the growing family.

The Wagners? I have a hunch. They did a variety of nebulous "scams" to make a buck, I can think of several. So when Jake and George were basically given the Peterson Rd. property it gave them another shady way to make money.

Well they ended up doing it...made improvements to the property to make it more lucrative, then sold the property that had no mortgage on it and after typical expenses they were able to pocket the money and then they probably used some of it to apply for the 2 fraudulent mortgages in Missouri.

I'm sure they weren't given free property just so they could use it as their personal piggy bank and then skip town and do fraudulent mortgages to buy a more expensive bigger house.

...2 Cents...

In the court property records it shows it was purchased for 175K when they bought it. It does not mean they paid it and someone else did not but it shows a purchase price.

I've been following the case sporadically from the start with long breaks. Forgive me if this has already been covered, I was under the impression that Chris Sr. got the new place for Dana and his 2 youngest children in anticipation of there being a custody fight over Sophia. The Wagners might have been able to claim that the Rhoden home wasn't suitable for a young child and gain custody, but the new place would thwart that argument. Could that be why the Wagner boys bought the Peterson Rd. place?

BBM. In my opinion, no, because the W purchase of Peterson Road house was a couple years prior to the R purchase of DR's new home. I don't have a direct link to the property records. But, based on info from other posters in previous threads, I have in my notes that JW and GW4 got the Peterson Road house in February 2014, more than two years before the murders. At that time, JW and HMR were still together. Again, without links, JMO.

It's been awhile, but, I know that there was a screened porch on the back and it let into a dining area or did so at one time. There was a built on area too, iirc, and I am not sure who used that as a bedroom. Whoever's bedroom JW went to first, I think it was from the outside screened porch. Very little noise. Little Chris hiding does seem to go along with him hearing commotion of some kind, even if silencers were used. I can't get over them killing a 16 year old kid, in the plan, as a means to get what they wanted. We know JW has admitted to killing five. There were three at DR's home that night. So that's why I think he killed FR and HHG. It took all of them at the trailer and only one at FR's wit the others for back up. I think G4 killed Garry b/c, again, IIRC, wasn't he associated with the larger caliber firearm? The other three will still be charged with the death penalty as they were there as active participants in JW's performance. May they all rot in jail. I'd rather them grow old and die in there personally.

Death penalty is now LWOP for all 4 per plea deal, but Jake has to turn State's evidence at trial.

Turn state's evidence - Wikipedia

A criminal turns state's evidence by admitting guilt and testifying as a witness (also called crown witness ) for the state against his/her associate(s) or accomplice(s), often in exchange for leniency in sentencing or immunity from prosecution.

The testimony of a witness who testifies against co-conspirator(s) may be important evidence.

Guns and 2 vehicles are important evidence.

Last edited:
This right here has been my major question. Having lived in an older mobile home when young you couldn't move in those things without it creaking. Did everyone just get used to those noises/thumps when walking?

Ceiling fans? Regular fans? Open windows (outside sounds)? TVs? AC?

All could contribute to lack of hearing certain things IMO.

I bookmark the last page I read on threads and come back to them when I have time to catch up. I last bookmarked this thread (well, thread 60) on 4/16 and just pulled it back up last night. I had truly thought my ambien had kicked in too early when I saw that “Guilty” had been added to the title! Time to catch up.

Sometimes a farm can be a moneymaker even if you don't work it. There are federal subsidies that will pay you to let it go fallow and even more to plant trees (they give you the saplings.) I suppose it would be possible to pay the mortgage with the subsidy money. IMO everything these people did was some sort of a scheme.

I remember that in the days following the murders JW was on FB , he dyed his hair black. He was so arrogant ... And many people said very bad things about the Rhoden victims... like they were dealers with the cartels ... Shame on these people.

"Rhoden family autopsy reports show 8 killings were methodical and vicious | wusa9.com" Rhoden family autopsy reports show 8 killings were methodical and vicious | wusa9.com

So informative to review! Especially DR!

In this article recently posted by Everything22, it states that Kenneth Rhoden was shot in his right eye. My memory was that he was shot in the left eye, as others are saying... so this particular statement from this article caught my attention:

"Kenneth Rhoden was found in a camper about 3 miles away, shot once through his right eye."
ETA: This same article states that Hannah Gilley was shot in the left eye.

And 4 times, methodically, on the right side of her head. Mean people did this.

"Rhoden family autopsy reports show 8 killings were methodical and vicious | wusa9.com" Rhoden family autopsy reports show 8 killings were methodical and vicious | wusa9.com

I think it's waay overkill. I also think JW killed DR, HR, CJr, HG and FR and I think he enjoyed himself enough to keep pulling the trigger because he was taking out his rage out on them and was experiencing a "high" while doing it. Even (or especially) with a 22 caliber weapon, he could have accomplished his goal with 2 shots but I don't think his only goal was to have them dead... I think he anticipated the enjoyment he knew he'd have through all the months of planning. I can't stomach anyone in his family but I really think JW is a special kind of evil.

I think it's waay overkill. I also think JW killed DR, HR, CJr, HG and FR and I think he enjoyed himself enough to keep pulling the trigger because he was taking out his rage out on them and was experiencing a "high" while doing it. Even (or especially) with a 22 caliber weapon, he could have accomplished his goal with 2 shots but I don't think his only goal was to have them dead... I think he anticipated the enjoyment he knew he'd have through all the months of planning. I can't stomach anyone in his family but I really think JW is a special kind of evil.
Yes, and I think that it was only peripherally about custody. It was revenge IMO.

Yes, and I think that it was only peripherally about custody. It was revenge IMO.

It was revenge because no one can ever embarrass mama's boy. He wasn't man enough to take them on in broad daylight so he stole their lives in the middle of the night. One mother was allegedly nursing and another had her son covered in her blood. That is pure evil and a sickness I cant describe in words.

Cincinnati Enquirer
Chris Graves
cgraves@enquirer.com
May 18, 2016

Well they ended up doing it...made improvements to the property to make it more lucrative, then sold the property that had no mortgage on it (that they took out themselves) and after typical expenses they were able to pocket the money and then they probably used some of it to apply for the 2 fraudulent mortgages in Missouri.

I'm sure they weren't given free property just so they could use it as their personal piggy bank and then skip town and do fraudulent mortgages to buy a more expensive bigger house. That nice Missouri property with a large pond, nice land, big building outside.

...2 Cents...
Wow! That filled in a lot of holes on the housing issues. Chris Sr. really had stepped up for his family there. At the end of the day, JW could've gone to court and hired a lawyer and got at least partial custody. I'll never truly be able to get my head around why this seemed necessary to them. Thanks

In this article recently posted by Everything22, it states that Kenneth Rhoden was shot in his right eye. My memory was that he was shot in the left eye, as others are saying... so this particular statement from this article caught my attention:

"Kenneth Rhoden was found in a camper about 3 miles away, shot once through his right eye."
ETA: This same article states that Hannah Gilley was shot in the left eye.

After reporters were able to view the preliminary autopsie notes they found out which eye they were actually shot in. I believe before it was thought the opposite on each but I cannot remember why that was thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998