GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61

Discussion in 'Trials' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lisette

lisette Well-Known Member

Did the victims' families make any statements yesterday? Or is a gag order still in place?

Cool Cats and Berrybell like this.

2. Fight4justice

Fight4justice Well-Known Member

I just went back and listened, she states this at the 1.52 of the video.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  3. Fight4justice

I just went back and listened, she states this at the 1.52 of the video.

Cool Cats, Puzzles8 and Johnny B Bad like this.
  4. Fight4justice

Is anyone else having trouble with website? Keeps freezing on me and double posting?

5. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

Jake told Canepa and Canepa told the Court.

Late on the 21st and early on the 22nd.

You know what this means?
    I think it is the reason Chris was killed before the others.

They killed Chris late on the 21st but then realized Dana wasn't home yet. She worked an extra shift and didn't leave work until 11:30 pm.

Then she had to drive home and then they had to wait for her to get ready for bed.

By the time they got to Dana's - in the early hours of the 22nd - Chris had been dead for maybe a couple hours which explains more decomp.

While waiting at Chris's for Dana to get home Gary comes home. Then they move the bodies because they are not finished yet, they don't need someone coming over and noticing the bodies, that's probably why they locked the door when BJM said it's not normally locked.

It's possible they were caught off guard with Dana coming home so late. I don't think they had planned to sit around waiting at Chris's house but had no choice.

Just how it looks to me now.

6. GoofyJen

GoofyJen Well-Known Member

In case you missed my post. This is a comprehensive summary. You can read along as you listen to the video of the hearing.

7. IType

IType Well-Known Member

from your list above: 2 DIY silencers were used

More than two guns were used in the murders, but only two homemade suppressors were used. Does this imply that factory-made silencers were also used?

8. Johnny B Bad

Johnny B Bad Well-Known Member

acceptance of responsibility is what his client wanted all along.

“We believe this serves his wishes,” Meyers said of the deal. “He knows he’s going to die in prison.”

With a hitch in his voice, he said only this: “I am deeply and very sorry.”

[​IMG]

Cool Cats, GoBuckeyes, NWLady and 6 others like this.
  9. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

April 22, 2021

WAVERLY, Ohio (WCMH) — Five years to the day after eight members of the Rhoden family were killed overnight in their homes, one of the people charged has agreed to plead guilty to all related charges. https://nbc4i.co/3asogGb

10. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

But when Deering asked Wagner for his plea to the aggravated murder charge for Hanna Mea Rhoden, the mother of Wagner’s young daughter, Wagner paused. He hesitated. His Adam’s apple bobbed, his face grew red. He held back tears.

Everyone waited on edge for the words.

4/22/21
    Jake Wagner of Rhoden family homicides in Pike County pleads guilty

11. GoofyJen

GoofyJen Well-Known Member

It means we don't know yet. Maybe a factory-made silencer, maybe one of the homemade ones was used on two guns, maybe no silencer was used on one gun. Several possibilities.

12. Ann99

Ann99 Well-Known Member

yes it is very difficult today.

13. Ann99

Ann99 Well-Known Member

I have thought for a long time that someone gave a silencer (or a purchase among associates) or made a silencer for one gun. W's didn't seem to be very good at making a silencer. Or maybe they learned from the first one that didn't work.
    Oddly, when we could see fb easily the first few days, I saw a friend of FR who had photo of a silencer. It was kind of like a 'look what I have' pic

I had to ask a friend what it was that he was displying. It just looked like a pipe.
    Again, TOD idk, report if it is needed.

14. Ann99

Ann99 Well-Known Member

Yes, it looked that way.
    He turned to HHG MOM and said it fairly ok, but when he turned to the Rhoden, Manley family, he could hardly say it, seemed to choke up.

15. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Could you do me a favor - and put an "E" in there - Sluthers to Sleuthers - it looks like sluters to me... :) I've seen you type that wrong - so I know it's not a typo. TIA!

That's the way I saw it too. You could see a lump in his throat after he said he was guilty of her murder....

16. Johnny B Bad

Johnny B Bad Well-Known Member

One question to you Sleuthers:
    From now on will we see Mr Edward Jake Wagner in jail garment and chains???? JMO

Cool Cats, GoBuckeyes, Niner and 6 others like this.
  17. Ann99

Ann99 Well-Known Member

TY!

Cool Cats and Johnny B Bad like this.
  18. Ann99

Ann99 Well-Known Member

LOL!
    I am not a slut her but I will say it is a good question.
    How did you like the Johnny Cash look - all black pants, shirt of yesterday?

19. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

I have a lot of questions as well. As for Jake feeling remorse, that's not a question that I have. I think he's sorry that he got caught and was facing the death penalty, so he decided to save himself by offering info and arranging a plea deal to take the death penalty off the table for himself. That's JMO. I do remember very well how he did an online fund-raiser to try to financially benefit himself after the murders he committed. He even advertised his fundraiser in an interview and it was like "golly gee shucks" and that he should have never had to bear the extraordinarily high legal expenses to get custody of his child. What an incredible piece of work.

One question I have is if BW, AW or GW4 decide not to try to arrange a plea deal, or if the prosecution refuses to offer a plea deal, they would go to trial and would face the death penalty. Am I correct on that?

I also hope we learn more on the family dynamics that created what came to be with the W's. A few years ago, a psychologist wrote a book about Scott Peterson's family history and dynamics. The Petersons appeared to be the Brady Bunch on the outside, but the real story of the family was beyond bizarre and it went a long way in explaining Scott Peterson, IMO. In other families the, "it" began many generations earlier. Certain things/events can impact generations of a family and in some cases, the only members of the family who survive the crazy are the ones who recognize the crazy and get far away from their family. As far as AW, she was clearly attracted to BW and she didn't run screaming from him or his mother. The old saying "water seeks its equal level" may apply to her. IDK. Just a theory.

20. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

Kind of a combination of Johnny Cash and a grown up version of Eddie Munster - lol!

FrankieT, Cool Cats, Niner and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.