GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #63

Discussion in 'Trials' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Covert Operative

Covert Operative Well-Known Member

I agree, they may have had a plan that included a twist with KR but that plan fell through due to things that happened at another residence. Him being shot one time does tend to make one wonder if they had a plan that did not work out.

almond, Dudly, FrankieT and 1 other person like this.

2. IType

IType Well-Known Member

From Supplemental Discovery 6-21-21:

Items hand delivered to GW4 attorney on 6/21/21

Jail calls JW parts 1, 2, 3
    JW plea form, defendant's agreement, proffer letter

BBM--GW4's attorney was provided with the proffer letter on 6/21/21. In my post 489 in this thread, I copied from GW4's court docket that the proffer is 10 hours long. Since a letter was provided on 6/21/21, I am assuming the 10 hour long proffer to be provided by August 2 is audio and/or video recordings. I think maybe just audio recordings since the docket also mentions parts 1, 2 and 3 of jail calls with JW. JMO

almond, Dudly, Ann99 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

It was interesting how a similar rumor (of KR's death being a "suicide") took hold quickly on social media shortly after he was found deceased. DS certainly never seemed to think that was the case and he was the one who found him.

If the Wagners were going to frame KR, they would have needed to return his gun to his camper, though. Nothing the Wagners plotted would surprise anyone, though.

KentuckyMama, almond, Dudly and 2 others like this.
  4. Betty P

Thanks, that's it. I agree, the 10 hr long piece of evidence is likely video/audio of Jake's detailed confession and discussion with the prosecutors. The proffer itself shouldn't be that long. It's the formal written agreement or contract between the prosecution and Jake - the terms of his guilty plea, etc. It's like a contract.

We can assume the other 3 Wagners attorneys will next ask for the 10 hr audio/video to be transcribed, adding several more months to this process.

almond, Dudly, FrankieT and 2 others like this.
  5. IType

IType Well-Known Member

Just a side note--This article is from 6/21/21, GW4's latest hearing. On this same day, his attorney was provided the proffer letter and info on JW's plea.

6. Betty P

True, though GW4's attorney complained in the hearing that day about not having access to the proffer agreement, he'd been given it that day. He's done this before, IIRC.

Based on past complaints by the defense attorneys in this case and later corrections by the prosecution, you can't always believe what some of the defense attorneys claim. Sometime its a bit of exaggeration.

7. IType

IType Well-Known Member

I've had the same thought about them being in teams, but I've always had a mental picture of the teams being AW/JW at FR's first then DR's and BW/GW4 at CRSR's first then KRs. I could be totally wrong, though. JMO

8. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

Ten hours of explanation on video by his younger brother must have been an eye opener. If GW4 has seen it, I'd think it would have to change his mind on going to trial.

9. Covert Operative

I believe the proffer agreement is not long but the proffer itself is 10 hours and more than likely is a video but could be or also be written. G3 lawyer accused them of trying to hold the proffer hostage in their last motion basically.

AW lawyer has not asked for anything in regard to his confession. I guess they could have it all but its doubtful.

Dudly and Ann99 like this.
  10. IType

IType Well-Known Member

BBM--I feel very confident in stating IMO the W4 owned many guns, not just the three used in the murders, especially since they were avid hunters/outdoors folks.

11. Covert Operative

If the worse he will get at trial is LWOP and that is the best plea deal he could get, LWOP, why do you think it would change his mind?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  12. Covert Operative

The proffer letter/agreement and a proffer are different things. They want the proffer itself is how I understand it.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  13. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

Your quote:

"I've never heard anything about KR's gun. The Wagners had their own weapons, why would they need KR's gun? "

I agree, the Wagners would not need Kenny's gun.

Kendra said he kept a gun near his pillow but it was missing. She didn't know if LE took it. I don't think a Wagner took it, the Wagner's had enough to worry about with burying their own 22, 33 and 40 to put in cement to avoid metal detectors.

Why did Ohio family named in Rhoden massacre investigation move to Alaska?

"We got bears up here. I told them they better have a gun loaded and handy and to keep an eye on those little ones,'' Conklin said from his home Tuesday morning. "The bears up here will snatch them kids right up."

The Wagner family from Ohio didn't know about the bears and thanked him. They also told him they had a shotgun.

But I don't believe the Wagners would be honest about the guns they have. They could have had an arsenal for all we know. All they did was lie.

Chelly, altojack, rootbeer and 5 others like this.
  14. Covert Operative

They would have needed to return his gun or a gun to his camper after the murders and maybe a pair of Walmart shoes. If that had been a plan I think it went south real fast.

15. Ann99

Ann99 Well-Known Member

Do you think the plan went south when they unexpectedly encountered Gary?

NoNameNoSlogan, Dudly and FrankieT like this.
  16. IType

IType Well-Known Member

An eye opener for sure! BW and GW4 have hearings in mid September. Maybe more info will be brought to light about any other plea changes possibly in the works. But, as other posters have stated recently, the other three W4 may decide to go ahead and go to trial since the DP is off the table per JW's agreement. It would buy them a lot of time to stay in custody at a local level before they have to go into state prison. JMO

Dudly, Ann99 and sunshineray like this.
  17. Covert Operative

I never knew KR daughter said it was missing. I remember an article where she said she wondered if it was.

Kendra Rhoden wonders if the loaded gun her dad kept near his head while he slept was also taken. She also doesn’t understand why her light-sleeping father wasn’t startled awake before he was shot once in the right eye.

Ohio family clings to hope 3 months after 8 killed | wkyc.com

altojack, rootbeer, NWLady and 4 others like this.
  18. Covert Operative

I think things went wrong at CRsr, yes. Not sure what plan they were working off of but things did not go as planned and it changed things.

19. Ann99

Ann99 Well-Known Member

I agree with you on the statement about W's owning many guns. I think about the various searches of FWF, all W properties, and wonder if other guns were confiscated.
    There are bits of discovery info. under seal, so we can only guess.
    If the W's did take KR gun, and the "plan" failed, that gun in W possession, would be like a hot potato.

altojack, almond and Dudly like this.
  20. IType

IType Well-Known Member

Him being shot only once has always stuck in my mind as odd, compared to the other victims.

Another thing that puzzles me is, according to JW's confession, there were three guns used in the murders. There were four murderers. There were two vehicles used.

1. Did one person use someone else's gun to shoot a victim, or was there one person who never pulled a trigger?
    2. Who were the getaway drivers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.