GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like one could have been home with them or had them in one of the vehicles asleep possibly.

I agree with you CO. IMO, if the W4 had someone watching the children, they wouldn't have entrusted them to just anyone on such an important night and, yes, it probably would have been one of the grandmothers. But, I would think anyone babysitting would have been charged as an accomplice, and that has never happened. DeWine has stated that everyone involved with these crimes has been charged.

"DeWine lamented the ways in which the eight victims were “brutally and viciously” executed. No other suspects are connected to the case, he said..."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/crim...ecution-style-shootings-eight-family-members/

All JMO

I mentioned in a post, yesterday I think, about the weapons listed in the 6/21/21 supplemental discovery. A knife was listed under DNA and latent prints, as I recall. Any thoughts as to how that knife was used? I assume the prints would be one of the W4, but the DNA could be a victim's or one of the W4 if the knife cut them in a struggle--maybe at CRSR's? IMO

Yes and bloody shoe impression also found at DR. I think two left shoe impressions of the Walmart shoes at CRsr and one left shoe impression at DR of the Walmart shoes.
You got my mind started now I’m going to have to watch videos of the wag’s to see who favors their left side.
I agree with you CO. IMO, if the W4 had someone watching the children, they wouldn't have entrusted them to just anyone on such an important night and, yes, it probably would have been one of the grandmothers. But, I would think anyone babysitting would have been charged as an accomplice, and that has never happened. DeWine has stated that everyone involved with these crimes has been charged.

"DeWine lamented the ways in which the eight victims were “brutally and viciously” executed. No other suspects are connected to the case, he said..."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/crim...ecution-style-shootings-eight-family-members/

All JMO
IMO for some reason its stuck with me that robin might have been the babysitter. I don’t know why. I have never read that robin was the sitter. Like a gut feeling.

I mentioned in a post, yesterday I think, about the weapons listed in the 6/21/21 supplemental discovery. A knife was listed under DNA and latent prints, as I recall. Any thoughts as to how that knife was used? I assume the prints would be one of the W4, but the DNA could be a victim's or one of the W4 if the knife cut them in a struggle--maybe at CRSR's? IMO

That's what I was thinking when I first read that. CR Sr's was the only crime scene where it appeared he was awake when they came and he put up a fight. IIRC, there was some bruising and as BJM said "there's blood all over the house, it looks like someone beat the he** out of them.

The other consideration would be KR, if they were trying to get information from him. From the redacted AR, it doesn't look like he had any injuries besides the GSW, but there's a lot of redactions.

Just from the redacted autopsy reports and a struggle had taken place I think it was used on CRsr

I thought that too of him . Going to look up him signing or writing .
He may sign with his right, I am not sure about that but I have watched him in several hearings and he opens the door to go back with his left hand. When he stands and puts one hand over the other he always puts his left over his right. I do believe he favors his left, but he may be able to use both the same.

I thought that too of him . Going to look up him signing or writing .
DBM

Actually here is a picture of JW during the 4/22/21, and I was wrong. He's using a tissue in his right hand to wipe his nose. But, as other poster stated, he could be ambidextrous.

Jake Wagner of Rhoden family homicides in Pike County pleads guilty

0d8a7232-dad2-4149-8142-f1276e0daeba-Wagner_Plee_40a0839.jpg

Last edited:
Has it ever been said for sure the killers brought the money to KR’s camper ? Could the money had belonged to KW , and he offered it to the murderer/murderers ? Just a thought that popped in my head.

I would think that 4 people wearing painters coveralls and masks could be considered out of place on Union Hill road after midnight.
I have never seen painters coveralls in any color other than white.

Wonder if that is a typo or incorrect in the article when it states he led them to weapons used in three of the killings.

JW said the murders started the late evening of
April 21st. That kind of makes me think KR was killed first but that is not a given. I have always thought he was killed first for several reasons.

I recall reading during AW's arraignment that it was the family's patriarch, CR, that was first killed (9 gunshot wounds). CR was also believed to be awake when he was fired upon.

KR was found in a camper about three miles away, shot once through his right eye.

Rhoden family massacre: Preliminary autopsy reports reviewed

There's not a whole lot there for Kenneth, even when guessing at the redacted parts. His cause of death was the single gunshot wound, most likely to the eye and into the brain. There doesn't seem to be any mention of other injuries. At the time these were released, BCI was trying to hide information about the nature of the wound, type of weapon, time of death, etc.

I think Kenneth's AR is second to last in that document. It begins on page 53

I agree. After rereading his autopsy and all the articles, I don't come up with anything more.
Thanks to all for the articles.

Cold medicine, most likely locked in a room. AJMO

Maybe. But that's not good either
Although better than dragging children around to 4 murder locations.

Seriously, if the children were in the vehicles, if CRsr and GR had been armed stepped out of the house at first opportunity and a gunfight ensued, those kids could have been hurt.
That didn't happen but W 's had no way of knowing just how things would unfold at Crsr place. And it seems something went sideways for them there.

Same in reverse if children were at home alone. What if CRsr and GR had prevailed and W's never returned home.

I believe someone had to have been watching those children. Someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23