GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are huge targets for anyone wanting their 15 minutes. Every single day, for the rest of their lives, they'll wonder if today is the day. JMO

I'm wondering, now, if the surviving family shot callers want to wrap this up so as not to go thru a lengthy trial. I'm sure they had a say in aw receiving 30yrs. I can't blame them if so. 5 yrs is a very long time to have an anchor weighing you down. I hope they find peace in their remaining yrs. Speculation, jmo

BBM

I hope none of them ever have an hour or a day of peace for the rest of their lives. Not a single minute. I also hope they have to look over their shoulders every single day and live in abject terror of a knife (or shank)in the back. It is more mercy than they gave the 8 innocent people they killed over one statement on FB. They are sick, cold blooded killers who planned the murders for months and could have at any time stepped back and said no it's too much, we can go to court and get visitation rights like normal people do. Whatever happens to them, they deserve that and more.

JMO

"The defendant engaged in a pattern of corrupt activity by as a criminal with her immediate and some extended family members".
Sounds like the perfect opening for a Federal RICO (Racketeering Influenced Corrupt Organizations) case.
Goodbye FWF.

Also, Which court reporter didn't show up?
Prosecution or Defense?
I agree. Three cheers for RICO.

JMO

This statement from BW's other acts evidence, page 4, item 4, has eaten at me ever since it was made public: "Allegations that defendant has killed/plotted/threatened to kill others before." Links to other acts evidence in BW's case can be found in thread 60, page 10, post 186. JMO
As I said, not his first rodeo. Keep your eye on all those trips to Texas. <modsnip - no link>
JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
So, do we think AC would go so far as to be as vague as possible because of the 2 remaining W4? I'm going to throw something out here, JMO.... could it be that AW was in a separate vehicle at each scene or just one or two... and wasn't present for the murders but came inside after just long enough to see what her boys had done?? So technically she didn't shoot anyone but we'll find out she wasn't home and maybe had SW and GW3's boy in the car with her... doped up on Benadryl maybe??? Are they picking the fly poop out of the pepper here??? If any of AW statement is false her deal goes out the window, right? It would not surprise me one bit if she is still lying and it would not surprise me one bit if the remaining 2 stories don't match up, JMO

BBM

I love that statement. So funny. I have to remember that to spring on my son and grandkids. lol

My opinion, anything is possible with the W's. I too feel that Angie would not trust the men to do it right. But listening to AC it sounds as if she really was home that night with the kids. I had to buy some swampland from CC to pay off my bet that Angie was there and a shooter.

JMO

I understand your point.

From my original post to BettyP, which led to the mention of FW and John Doe in count 22, regarding AC's comments at AW's hearing on Friday: I did find this comment interesting: "The defendant engaged in a pattern of corrupt activity by as a criminal with her immediate and some extended family members".

I had noted it says extended family members, plural. AW's husband and sons are her immediate family members. Who are the extended family members? FW could be one (if so, I think charges will be refiled), but what others? Your thoughts?

With the W's I wouldn't even want to hazard a guess (it would probably get me a TO anyway and with everything coming out I sure don't want that.)

JMO

A couple of key points from Tiff's transcription of AC's comments that--at least in my mind--clearly indicate final answers to a couple of lingering questions many of us have:

1. Was custody the only motive, or was drugs/some other motive involved:

It was only custody, as copied from Tiff's info: They hacked into FB accounts of these two individuals allowing them access to information that ultimately became the motive for these crimes.

My comment: No mention of any other motive, doesn't say something along the lines of "one of the motives", etc. AC said this is the motive, period. JMO

2. Did AW enter any of the crime scenes or personally kill any of the victims:

No, as copied from Tiffs info: The defendants three co-defendants trespassed into each of the four residents where the victims were found with the intent to kill them.

My comment: No, AW was not present in any of the crime scenes in any capacity. AC only says AW's three co-defendants (BW, GW, JW) went into the residences. JMO

But don't forget Mike DeWine's original statement after the arrests that there was "An undercurrent of drugs involved". Now does that mean the W's were taking them, dealing them, or trafficking them? I personally believe the last one and that HR knew it and told her family and that is going to come out as motive for Kenny's death. Keep in mind, as of right now, we have no answer for that burning question of ours: Why kill Kenny if it was a custody issue alone? I think we are going to find out soon.

JMO

But don't forget Mike DeWine's original statement after the arrests that there was "An undercurrent of drugs involved". Now does that mean the W's were taking them, dealing them, or trafficking them? I personally believe the last one and that HR knew it and told her family and that is going to come out as motive for Kenny's death. Keep in mind, as of right now, we have no answer for that burning question of ours: Why kill Kenny if it was a custody issue alone? I think we are going to find out soon.

JMO
You could be right. Hopefully more info is soon to come. This waiting is agonizing, especially knowing JW and AW have told AC about BW's and GW4's involvement. JMO

BBM

I love that statement. So funny. I have to remember that to spring on my son and grandkids. lol

My opinion, anything is possible with the W's. I too feel that Angie would not trust the men to do it right. But listening to AC it sounds as if she really was home that night with the kids. I had to buy some swampland from CC to pay off my bet that Angie was there and a shooter.

JMO

AW had to be in a safe place in case her fake documents would be needed to give her custody...

The Colorado Police went to a Wisconsin prison to visit a guy who killed his 2 daughters and wife because he pled guilty and everyone wanted to understand why and how. (Chris Watt)

Maybe the State of Ohio will answer our questions too.

The Colorado Police went to a Wisconsin prison to visit a guy who killed his 2 daughters and wife because he pled guilty and everyone wanted to understand why and how. (Chris Watt)

Maybe the State of Ohio will answer our questions too.
I hope so. We have so many unanswered questions in this over the last five years.

"The defendant engaged in a pattern of corrupt activity by as a criminal with her immediate and some extended family members".
Sounds like the perfect opening for a Federal RICO (Racketeering Influenced Corrupt Organizations) case.
Goodbye FWF.

Also, Which court reporter didn't show up?
Prosecution or Defense?
Yes, it does… considering the state is security ( for everyone now, it would seem): I am willing to bet that the W’s are now wearing a pair of panties, a bit too large for their bottoms!
BBM

I think it is because she ratted out a lot of big Boss Hoggs and maybe some drug cartels like those in Mexico (the W's made regular runs down to TX) and the Cornbread Mafia that operates in northern KY and southern Ohio and I am including her MIL that could be out for some "creek justice" as RSD calls it. And that would extend to Jake, Billy and George. Perhaps as a warning for them to keep their mouth shut and take their LWOP like good little boys.

Then there are those recorded conversations at Freds house about whoever was left breaking the others out of jail and threats on LE's lives. If I remember correctly AC took those conversations very seriously. As of yet we don't know who the Wagner family are connected to. I am sure that (according to her words not mine) Fred is relying on Jesus to get her through this but while she is praying she could also have a cell phone in her hand making a few calls to some more earthly people to help get her through all this.

JMO
Indeed…

I'll shorten this up a bit...

Thursday, Sept. 16th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 11am ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (37). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) - for *George Washington "Billy" Wagner III (47/now 50), (Jakes’ father) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (12/4/18) with 8 counts of aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count of 1st degree conspiracy, 4 counts of 1st degree aggravated burglary, 1 count of 5th degree unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts of 3rd degree evidence tampering, 1 count of 5th degree forgery, 1 count of 5th degree unauthorized use of computer or telecommunications, 1 count of 4th degree interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count of 4th degree obstructing justice, 1 count of 1st degree engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP. DP taken off table due to Jake's plea deal.
Number of shots fired at each victim (Det. Scheiderer: We know the three calibers of firearms that were used to commit these murders. a 22 caliber long rifle, a 40 caliber, and a 30 caliber) & court hearings from 12/4/18 thru 1/7/21 reference post #142 here:
GUILTY - OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #60

1/8/21: Motion of defendant for in-person visitation by psychologist filed-granted. Granting defendant’s motion for the appropriation of funds for a psychological expert. 1/29/21 Update: Motions hearing on 4/5/21 @ 1:30pm. 2/22/21: Motion #48: Notice of intent to use other acts evidence pursuant to 404(B) filed. (Other acts evidence is evidence that on some other occasion the defendant, or a witness, behaved in a way that demonstrates his character. 3/5/21: Motion #49: Defendant's Motion in Limine to preclude other acts evidence. 3/30/21: Request for Court paid expert expenses filed by Mark C. Collins.
4/5/21 Update: Withdrawn Motion #44. Motions 46 to 48 were taken care of in-chambers. They provided a hard drive to Canepa. Motion #47 also done-part of hard drive, all expert forensic reports, including some new reports. Motions 42 & 43 were discussing. Daubert hearing on shoe print & ballistics. State doesn't have the firearm, but shell casings & same for shoe print evidence; State doesn't have the actual shoe. Withdrawing Motion 44. Canepa says they are not entitled to Daubert hearing. U.S. Supreme Court has ruled ballistics evidence is reliable science & relevant. Defense questioned shoe expert, but Canepa says he is very qualified expert & gave examples. Well established field-study of these 2 kinds of evidence. Defense argues back about ballistics fine points. Judge Deering says he's not sure if other similar motions have been filed. If so, he will have all scheduled for the same day. Defense re Motion #45: Reserve ruling, if it becomes an issue. They will put prosecution on notice based on specific examples. Canepa clarified about transcripts, recordings-there was an agreement that these were only recordings from 2017 & 2018-interception recordings. They have no intention of using or transcribing interview recordings. The interception recordings were sometimes difficult to hear. State gives them notice of the general nature of other acts of evidence. State has met that burden. A week in advance of trial has been considered reasonable in Federal courts to introduce other acts evidence. If they want to object to all 35 acts, they can do that & if they do, the State will respond. Defense attorney says yes, they will file objections to all 35 acts. Says the State wants to take a photograph of one of GW3's tattoos. Jail is asking for a court order. Canepa prepared an order. Judge Deering asked GW3 the standard questions about has he had access to his attorney’s etc. Defense attorney says GW3 is frustrated that there is no trial date & tired of sitting in jail. Attorney hopes the Daubert hearing will help GW3 understand that his trial date will be set soon. Canepa asks Judge to grant a court order to get a photo of GW3's tattoo. Said they've granted similar requests for the defendants at other jails, but for some reason the jail where GW3 is incarcerated wants a court order. From court site: 3/25/21: Request for Court-paid expert expenses filed by Collins. 4/5/21 Update: State's memo contra defendants' Motion in Limine requesting a pretrial Daubert hearing to determine the admissibility of shoe print evidence & opinion (Motion #43) filed; State's memo contra defendant's motion to revoke Andrew Wilson's appointment as special prosecuting attorney (Motion 44) filed; State's memo contra defendant's motion in Limine requesting a pretrial evidentiary hearing to determine the admissibility of any non-testifying co-defendant statements the State intends to present in its case in chief (Motion 45) filed. State's memo contra defendant's motion in Limine requesting a pretrial Daubert hearing to determine the admissibility of ballistics evidence & opinions (Motion #42) filed. 4/6/21: Defendant's motion for additional funds for continued investigation filed by Mark Collins. 4/12/21: Order for pictures to be taken of defendant's tattoos filed & copies given to Canepa & took one to drop off at Butler County jail.
4/26/21: Request for court-paid expert expenses filed. 4/28/21: State's supplement discovery filed. 6/28/21: #50: Defendant's motion to compel the prosecution to provide any written & recorded statements from the co-defendant & the evidence derived from the statements with request for oral hearing filed by Mark Collins & Thomas Hayes. Hearing on defendant's motion (#50) on 9/16/21 @ 11am.
7/13/21: Request for Court-paid expert expenses for Daniel L. Davis, PHD, Inc. (psychologist) from 2/19 to 3/6/21 ($2125). 7/16/21 Update: Defendant's Motion (#51) for specific performance of the prosecution in dismissing the murder specifications (death penalty) against defendant filed via fax by Mark Collins & Thomas Hayes & filed on 7/19/21. 7/19/21: Oral hearing on Motion #51 on 9/16/21. 9/10/21: Warrant for removal of defendant & to appear on 9/16/21 at 11am for hearing on pending motions filed.
*George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 29) – Motions hearing on 10/25/21. Trial set to begin on 4/4/22.
*Angela Jo Wagner (48/now 50) – 9/10/21: Plead guilty & will testify at the trials. No date set for sentencing as of 9/15/21.
*Edward Jake Wagner (26/now 28) – Plead guilty (4/22/21) to all charges & will testify at the trials. No date set for sentencing as of 9/15/21.
*Rita Jo Newcomb (65/now 68) – Motion hearing on 12/2/19 entered a plea of guilty to all charges. Will testify at the trials. No update as of 9/15/21.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76/now 79) – 6/26/19: Charges were dismissed without prejudice.

Billy in court today. A bit conflicting because the Warrant says picking him up at Noon, but his official time is 11:00am. They start late anyway.

So I rack my brain over the psychology of these types of Cases and many things about the Wagners has baffled me.

Why did the Wagners just suddenly sell a farm they loved? Out of the blue they went from heavily updating their farm to abruptly selling out all their animals then selling the farm.

This farm was a big thing to them but there was something bigger:

BCI.

I think what happened in the psychology of the Wagners is that they underestimated LE. I believe the Wagners saw Pike County as some Key Stone Cop type of place without the resources to go after such a large murder investigation.

When BCI set up their huge command trailer in Waverly, then vowed not to leave till it was solved, I think this threw the Wagners for a loop.

I think they couldn't wait to get far away from BCI and thus they did everything they could to get out of town and this included selling out all their livestock and putting their house up for sale.

I think this shock over BCI is the reason they wanted revenge so badly, the reason they wanted to beat up Scheiderer etc...

How dare he come around asking questions! Who does he think he is? He's not working for Pike County etc....

BCI is what the Wagners did not anticipate, they were too busy plotting in their own little world to take time to understand the Ohio BCI.... 2 Cent rumblings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni