OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a couple of storage rental places about 5 minutes from where the Wagner's lived. They are right off 41 on Measley Ridge Rd. McDonalds is at intersection of 41 and 32...then Measley Ridge runs behind McDonalds.

The only one I can think of right on 41 is over at Bentonville... but that's about 20 miles West of Peebles

1655867292531.png

There are a couple of storage rental places about 5 minutes from where the Wagner's lived. They are right off 41 on Measley Ridge Rd. McDonalds is at intersection of 41 and 32...then Measley Ridge runs behind McDonalds.

The only one I can think of right on 41 is over at Bentonville... but that's about 20 miles West of Peebles

View attachment 350657
Have any of these facilities ever been associated with evidence in Discovery? Or even linked to possible storage use by the Wagners?
JMO

Could you please link the source of your quote?

IMO, The W4 had five pieces of their personal property temporarily stored on their friend BB's land on 41 (May 2017). They intended to take all five to AK. There were two of the Wagner's trucks, two large trailers packed with personal possessions, and an enclosed white storage trailer. Though all of their personal property was searched and released, the enclosed white trailer and it's contents were taken into evidence by LE. IMO, these were the vehicles and trailers used in their imminent getaway out of town and later to AK.

Jake's packed truck was one of the trucks found on the 41 property. IIRC, inside Jake's truck there were documents, later deemed important enough to include in Discoveries. It would not be surprising if the documents/receipts/papers found in Jake's truck were organized in "Storage File Totes/Units".

Jake's truck was wide out in the open on the 41 land with the other items. I have never heard any mention of any other "storage units" on the 41 property. On 41, their personal possessions were inside the truck cabs/beds and the rest were in the three trailers.

Again , all JMO and IIRC.
I think he called it a storage unit but it may have been the storage container/tub that he meant. I did a google earth searh of that property and did not see anything that really looked like storage units but its hard to tell completely. I cannot say what that property looked like in 2016 or how old or recent the google earth picture is.
The address listed for the jurors to visit is: 28171 State Route 41, Village of Peebles, Adams County. I think it may have been called Unlimited Motors at least at one point.

Last edited:
Okay - I listened to the hearing - and here are my notes - did I leave anything out? :)

6/21/22 Update: Judge will discuss motions #80, 85, 92 & 93. Motion #80: The defense for Wagner IV argued that the court should suppress the testimony of his brother, Jake Wagner, & his mother, Angela Wagner. The argument to suppress their testimony, specifically Jake’s, was built on the 6th Amendment, Wagner IV’s lawyers explained. According to his defense, a good cross-examination of Jake by their side could make him change his story. The defense said if they did a good job with the cross exam, it would hinder their ability to represent their client, thus going against the 6th Amendment, the defense said. The judge, after hearing the defense’s side & the prosecution’s counter, denied the motion (#80). The judge’s ruling now paves the way for both Jake & Angela to take the stand. Motion #85: Motion to dismiss: Defense says murders were not in Pike County. counts 6 murder of Dana, Scioto County, 7 murder of Hannah, Scioto County, 8 murder of Chris Jr, Scioto County, 9 aggravated murder, Adams County, 13 aggravated burglary, Scioto County, 18 forgery, Adams County, 19 unauthorized use of property, Adams County, 20 interception of wire, oral & electronic communication, Adams County & 21 obstructing justice, Adams County. If State amends indictment Judge will denied motion by defense to dismiss those charges. DA will respond to defense #87 (to adhere to the Ohio statutory scheme for jury service) by Friday, 6/24/22 & on #89 (for an Order requiring an exhibit list prior to trial) State to submit a written argument. The deadline to file pretrial motions & the exchange of lists of experts is 7/6/22. #90 (in camera hearing)-did contact Supreme Court & a judge will be appointed to hear the in camera hearing. Motion #91 (to extend deadline to 6/13/22)-granted & #95 withdrawn by defense. Motion #94 (transcripts to be paid by State)-granted. DA responded to #92 (to dismiss death specifics) Judge wants written arguments & #93 (to suppress testimony of jailhouse informant) also written arguments to be filed. Defense & DA have prepared jury questionnaire & Judge waiting to see those.

Okay - I listened to the hearing - and here are my notes - did I leave anything out? :)

6/21/22 Update: Judge will discuss motions #80, 85, 92 & 93. Motion #80: The defense for Wagner IV argued that the court should suppress the testimony of his brother, Jake Wagner, & his mother, Angela Wagner. The argument to suppress their testimony, specifically Jake’s, was built on the 6th Amendment, Wagner IV’s lawyers explained. According to his defense, a good cross-examination of Jake by their side could make him change his story. The defense said if they did a good job with the cross exam, it would hinder their ability to represent their client, thus going against the 6th Amendment, the defense said. The judge, after hearing the defense’s side & the prosecution’s counter, denied the motion (#80). The judge’s ruling now paves the way for both Jake & Angela to take the stand. Motion #85: Motion to dismiss: Defense says murders were not in Pike County. counts 6 murder of Dana, Scioto County, 7 murder of Hannah, Scioto County, 8 murder of Chris Jr, Scioto County, 9 aggravated murder, Adams County, 13 aggravated burglary, Scioto County, 18 forgery, Adams County, 19 unauthorized use of property, Adams County, 20 interception of wire, oral & electronic communication, Adams County & 21 obstructing justice, Adams County. If State amends indictment Judge will denied motion by defense to dismiss those charges. DA will respond to defense #87 (to adhere to the Ohio statutory scheme for jury service) by Friday, 6/24/22 & on #89 (for an Order requiring an exhibit list prior to trial) State to submit a written argument. The deadline to file pretrial motions & the exchange of lists of experts is 7/6/22. #90 (in camera hearing)-did contact Supreme Court & a judge will be appointed to hear the in camera hearing. Motion #91 (to extend deadline to 6/13/22)-granted & #95 withdrawn by defense. Motion #94 (transcripts to be paid by State)-granted. DA responded to #92 (to dismiss death specifics) Judge wants written arguments & #93 (to suppress testimony of jailhouse informant) also written arguments to be filed. Defense & DA have prepared jury questionnaire & Judge waiting to see those
Great work Niner thank you.

Could you please link the source of your quote?

IMO, The W4 had five pieces of their personal property temporarily stored on their friend BB's land on 41 (May 2017). They intended to take all five to AK. There were two of the Wagner's trucks, two large trailers packed with personal possessions, and an enclosed white storage trailer. Though all of their personal property was searched and released, the enclosed white trailer and it's contents were taken into evidence by LE. IMO, these were the vehicles and trailers used in their imminent getaway out of town and later to AK.

Jake's packed truck was one of the trucks found on the 41 property. IIRC, inside Jake's truck there were documents, later deemed important enough to include in Discoveries. It would not be surprising if the documents/receipts/papers found in Jake's truck were organized in "Storage File Totes/Units".

Jake's truck was wide out in the open on the 41 land with the other items. I have never heard any mention of any other "storage units" on the 41 property. On 41, their personal possessions were inside the truck cabs/beds and the rest were in the three trailers.

Again , all JMO and IIRC.

Link to source of my quote:

58:40 time stamp where the prosecutor says this quote in court.

See Hearing video above.

Last edited:
Why do you think another judge would be required to hear this motion?

JMO

Not sure.

Here is what 9er said about i:

Motion #90 (in camera hearing)-did contact Supreme Court & a judge will be appointed to hear the in camera hearing.

Here is what CO says about it:

Deering said that a judge has been appointed to hear that motion. It is about JW ex and her location/contact.

05/18/2022MOTION NO. 90 MOTION FOR IN CAMERA HEARING FOR REVIEW OF PROSECUTING ATTORNEY'S CERTIFICATION OF NON-DISCLOSURE FILED Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK

Last edited:
Not sure.

Here is what 9er said about i:

Motion #90 (in camera hearing)-did contact Supreme Court & a judge will be appointed to hear the in camera hearing.

Here is what CO says about it:

Deering said that a judge has been appointed to hear that motion. It is about JW ex and her location/contact.

05/18/2022MOTION NO. 90 MOTION FOR IN CAMERA HEARING FOR REVIEW OF PROSECUTING ATTORNEY'S CERTIFICATION OF NON-DISCLOSURE FILED Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK

Actually I should change my language - the Judge did say - there was a Judge appointed already. I was hoping for a name, but he didn't say in the hearing.

Actually I should change my language - the Judge did say - there was a Judge appointed already. I was hoping for a name, but he didn't say in the hearing.

Wish I knew what it is all about. Case is getting more complicated to follow. Prosecutor had something to say about that, about all the Motions the defense was trying to mislead the public with.
The defendant had even tried to get a subpoena for someone to testify that it was Cartel related.

From recent Hearing around the 50:00 time stamps.

Also from this time stamp - reasons they suspected the Wagners:

Custody and how George treated his son with custody.

22 shell casings on Wagner property.

Wagner 4 phones found together (would be from cell tower records) that night for the first time in 2016. First time all 4 were together like that in 2016.

The technical reenactment of the crime scenes of the 3 guns used were found on Angela's laptop on the Montana Canadian border when they seized her laptop. The guns were listed on her laptop.

Storage search.

Last edited:
Wish I knew what it is all about. Case is getting more complicated to follow. Prosecutor had something to say about that, about all the Motions the defense was trying to mislead the public with.

I thought you said it was on post 332

No?

I thought you said it was on post 332

No?g
The judge did say yesterday that the supreme court had appointed a judge to hear that motion. He said in a previous hearing that they would have to contact the surpreme court to see if a judge that was qualified could hear the previous motion in regard JW ex or the supreme court would have to appoint a judge.(not exact words) There were two differnt motions relating to the same thing and they asked for an in camera hearing for it. It is about them trying to get JW ex information so they can contact her.
I will go back and find the motion and post it, but that is what he had said in court about it. That hearing and the one from yesterday has been posted in WS.

Last edited:
Motion 90 that some had a question about. I find it very hard to believe when defense says they cannot locate JW ex, extremely hard. I cannot see how that is possible with so much information that can be found.
They probably are going to try to discredit her in any way they can.
Moderator approved, Obtained from Courtview.

Attachments

• Motion 90.pdf
    96.8 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads