OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing this is still ongoing??

Thursday, July 7th:
*Jury Selection Questionnaire (Day 3) (@ 9am ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (37). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 30) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count of 1st degree conspiracy, 4 counts of 1st degree aggravated burglary, 1 count of 5th degree unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts of 3rd degree evidence tampering, 1 count of 5th degree forgery, 1 count of 5th degree unauthorized use of computer or telecommunications, 1 count of 4th degree interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count of 5th degree obstructing justice, & 1 count of 1st degree engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP. Per Jake’s plea agreement, DP is off the table if his testimony is truthful.
Trial set to begin on 8/29/22 with general voir dire for the jury, opening statements, evidence, etc. (Trial is scheduled for 30 days).
7/7/22
through 7/8/22 & 7/11/22 through 7/15/22, beginning each day at 9am - completion of jury questionnaires by summoned prospective jurors.
8/8/22 through 8/12/22 - each day beginning at 9am - individual voir dire.
8/15/22 through 8/19/22 - each day beginning at 9am - individual voir dire.
8/29/22 at 9am - beginning of trial, including general voir dire for the jury, opening statements, evidence & so forth. The jury trial is scheduled for 30 days.

Crime info & court hearings from 11/28/18 thru 6/28/22 reference post #490 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-69.623311/page-25

6/30/22: Response to Defendant's Motion #87 requesting the Court to adhere to the Ohio statutory scheme for jury service filed. Next completion of jury selection questionnaires started on 7/5/22 (thru 7/8/22). 7/1/22: Order regarding media participation & general decorum at all proceedings including but not limited to pre-trials, motion hearing, voir dire &/or trial filed. Defendant's Notice of supplement reciprocal discovery filed. Decision & journal entry concerning defendant's Motion #87 filed.
7/5/22 Tuesday, Jury questionnaires Day 1: No info available. Jury questionnaires continued on 7/6/22.
7/6/22 Wednesday, Jury questionnaires Day 2: Jury questionnaires continued on 7/7/22.

*George Washington Wagner III (47/now 51)Pretrial hearing on 2/1/22.
*Edward Jacob “Jake” Wagner (26/now 29) – Plead guilty (4/22/21) to all charges & will testify in the trials.
*Angela Jo Wagner (48/now 51) – 9/10/21: Plead guilty to a plea deal to Counts 9 thru 22, Counts 1-8 were dismissed. Will be sentenced to 30 years in prison with no early release & has to testify against others at trial.
*Rita Jo Newcomb (65/now 69) – Last Motions hearing on 12/2/19 entered a plea of guilty. Expected to testify in the trials.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76/now 80) – 6/26/19 Charges were dismissed without prejudice.

Last edited:
Anyone know why GW4 was transferred to Scioto County jail today ?
His name isn't coming up in Scioto County jail. The docket doesn't show he was moved either. Would you list your source please? Thank you.

It is still showing him as of today, 7-7-2022 still in
MONTGOMERY COUNTY JAIL ***

Most Recent Mugshot
Identifying Information
RaceWHITE
Gender MALE
DOB10/6/1991
SSN
Locked Field
HairBROWN
EyeBLUE
Height6'00"
Weight250
SourceMONT-JAIL: 21-017311
Updated: 7/7/2022

His name isn't coming up in Scioto County jail. The docket doesn't show he was moved either. Would you list your source please? Thank you.

It is still showing him as of today, 7-7-2022 still in
MONTGOMERY COUNTY JAIL ***

Most Recent Mugshot
Identifying Information
RaceWHITE
Gender MALE
DOB10/6/1991
SSN
Locked Field
HairBROWN
EyeBLUE
Height6'00"
Weight250
SourceMONT-JAIL: 21-017311
Updated: 7/7/2022
You can see pure evil and rage in his eyes. MOO

Anyone know why GW4 was transferred to Scioto County jail today ?
Maybe to be closer to court house. I had not thought he was probably there during questionaire but he may be. I assume you are talking about the DOC alert that he was moved. I have that and will try to get it posted soon.
I think anyone can sign up for those alerts. (See Below) Will try to post that link also when I get a chance. Not sure why Scioto does not update their system, they may do so.
1657199827006.png

Last edited:
G4 - 07/01/2022 ORDER REGARDING MEDIA PARTICIPATION AND GENERAL DECORUM AT ALL PROCEEDINGS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PRETRIALS, MOTION HEARING, VOIR DIRE AND/OR TRIAL FILED
Little worried how many witnesses may ask not to be videoed, recorded etc. Page 5 of document.

Attachments

• Media.pdf
    403.4 KB · Views: 22
G4 - 07/01/2022 ORDER REGARDING MEDIA PARTICIPATION AND GENERAL DECORUM AT ALL PROCEEDINGS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PRETRIALS, MOTION HEARING, VOIR DIRE AND/OR TRIAL FILED
Little worried how many witnesses may ask not to be videoed, recorded etc. Page 5 of document.
Thanks for this doc.
I would think many witnesses would not want to be videoed and or recorded. It will be interesting. After reading thru entire document, I honestly don’t see how the local Courthouse can accommodate all people and procedures related to the actual trial. Think about how crowded the courtroom was on the day Jake Admitted Guilt. With all extended family attending, it was standing room only. That did not include much media presence.
I just don’t see how this can work out space wise and then with added security for the Trial.

Thanks for this doc.
I would think many witnesses would not want to be videoed and or recorded. It will be interesting. After reading thru entire document, I honestly don’t see how the local Courthouse can accommodate all people and procedures related to the actual trial. Think about how crowded the courtroom was on the day Jake Admitted Guilt. With all extended family attending, it was standing room only. That did not include much media presence.
I just don’t see how this can work out space wise and then with added security for the Trial.
I am worried there will be several important witnesses that may make that request. Paying for transcripts would be an outrageous amount.
Probably not many besides family would be able to get in the court room. They may have a seperate area for media and some things.
You are right it will be hard to work everything into that space.

Maybe to be closer to court house. I had not thought he was probably there during questionaire but he may be. I assume you are talking about the DOC alert that he was moved. I have that and will try to get it posted soon.
I think anyone can sign up for those alerts. (See Below) Will try to post that link also when I get a chance. Not sure why Scioto does not update their system, they may do so.
View attachment 353178
Yes, moved for jury selection.

Yes, moved for jury selection.
The Courthouse is in Waverly Ohio.

It's 1 1/2 hours from his Montgomery County jail in Dayton to Waverly.

It's 40 minutes from his Scioto County jail in Portsmouth to Waverly.

Defendants are in court for jury duty when the judge and defense and prosecution are asking prospective jurors questions.

So if he was moved to the Portsmouth County jail it makes alot more sense. Might as well keep him there until after trial in my opinion. His trial could last a month. That is a heck of alot of driving back and forth.

3 hour round trip from Dayton. 1 hour 20 minute round trip from Portsmouth.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220707-132712.png
    Screenshot_20220707-132712.png
    536.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
G4 - This says Montogomery but I am pretty sure he is in Scioto now. He apparently is at court while the summoned are answering quetionaires. Must not have been there the 5th.
07/06/2022WARRANT FOR REMOVAL FROM MONTGOMERY COUNTY JAIL ON JULY 6, 2022 AT 9:00AM
07/07/2022WARRANT FOR REMOVAL MONTGOMERY COUNTY JAIL ON JULY 7TH AND 8TH, 2022 AT 9:00AM
07/07/2022WARRANT FOR REMOVAL FROM MONTGOMERY COUNTY JAIL ON JULY 12, 13, 14, 2022 AT 9:00AM

Last edited:
G4 - This says Montogomery but I a pretty sure he is in Scioto now. He apparently is at court while the jury quetionaires are being answered. Must not have been there the 5th.
07/06/2022WARRANT FOR REMOVAL FROM MONTGOMERY COUNTY JAIL ON JULY 6, 2022 AT 9:00AM
07/07/2022WARRANT FOR REMOVAL MONTGOMERY COUNTY JAIL ON JULY 7TH AND 8TH, 2022 AT 9:00AM
07/07/2022WARRANT FOR REMOVAL FROM MONTGOMERY COUNTY JAIL ON JULY 12, 13, 14, 2022 AT 9:00AM

This makes it sound like he wasn't moved to Scioto County jail in Portsmouth. I'm not sure what to believe at this point. It shows him listed in Montgomery and not coming up in the Scioto jail inmate locator search.

Scioto County OH Jail - Inmate Locator

Anyway, we know he is going to court for choosing a jury.

Last edited:
This makes it sound like he wasn't moved to Scioto County jail in Portsmouth. I'm not sure what to believe at this point. It shows him listed in Montgomery and not coming up in the Scioto jail inmate locator search.

I posted him being in Scioto on the inmate search. Did you see that?
1657220133617.png

Last edited:

On some entries they have Scioto and on some Montogomery. Maybe the paperwork was prepared before he moved so they are entering what it noted on there.
07/06/2022WARRANT FOR REMOVAL FROM MONTGOMERY COUNTY JAIL ON JULY 7TH AND 8TH, 2022 AT 9:00AM
07/06/2022WARRANT FOR REMOVAL FROM MONTGOMERY COUNTY JAIL ON JULY 12, 13, 14, 2022 AT 9:00AM
07/06/2022WARRANT FOR REMOVAL FROM MONTOGMERY COUNTY JAIL ON MONDAY, AUGUST 8, 2022 AND EACH DAY THEREAFTER THROUGH FRIDAY, AUGUST 12, 2022; THE DEFENDANT SHALL ARRIVE AT THE PIKE COUNTY COMMON PLEAS COURT ON OR BEFORE 9:00AM
07/06/2022WARRANT FOR REMOVAL FROM SCIOTO CO JAIL ON MONDAY, AUGUST 8, 2022 AND EACH DAY THEREAFTER THROUGH FRIDAY, AUGUST 12, 2022; THE DEFENDANT SHALL ARRIVE AT THE PIKE COUNTY COMMON PLEAS COURT ON OR BEFORE 9:00AM
07/06/2022WARRANT FOR REMOVAL FROM MONTGOMERY COUNTY JAIL, MONDAY, AUGUST 15, 2022, AND EACH DAY THEREAFTER THROUGH FRIDAY, AUGUST 19, 2022; THE DEFENDANT SHALL ARRIVE AT THE PIKE COUNTY COMMON PLEAS COURT ON OR BEFORE 9:00AM
07/06/2022WARRANT FOR REMOVAL FROM MONDAY, AUGUST 15, 2022 AND EACH DAY THEREAFTER THROUGH FRIDAY, AUGUST 19, 2022; THE DEFENDANT SHALL ARRIVE AT THE PIKE COUNTY COMMON PLEAS COURT ON OR BEFORE 9:00AM
07/06/2022WARRANT FOR REMOVAL FROM MONTGOMERY COUNTY JAIL ON MONDAY, AUGUST 29, 2022 AND EACH WEEKDAY THEREAFTER UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE; THE DEFENDANT SHALL ARRIVE AT THE PIKE COUNTY COMMON PLEAS COURT ON OR BEFORE 8:30 EACH DAY
07/06/2022WARRANT FOR REMOVAL FROM SCIOTO CO JAIL ON MONDAY, AUGUST 29, 2022, AND EACH WEEKDAY THEREAFTER UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE; THE DEFENDANT SHALL ARRIVE AT THE PIKE COUNTY COMMON PLEAS COURT ON OR BEFORE 8:30AM EACH DAY

I posted him being in Scioto on the inmate search. Did you see that?
View attachment 353207

Do you have a link for that? I would really like to find him in the Scioto jail roster. You posted this and it didn't work:

70.60.28.54:8443/TDT_Viewer/actions/FilterInmateInformation.do

I can't find him in the scioto inmate jail search.

I just called booking at the Scioto County jail and they said they do have him there. So straight information from the Scioto jail they say he is in their jail and on their roster.

Likely moved to be much closer to court.

Last edited:
Do you have a link for that? I would really like to find him in the Scioto jail roster. You posted this and it didn't work:

70.60.28.54:8443/TDT_Viewer/actions/FilterInmateInformation.do

I can't find him in the scioto inmate jail search.
Can you copy and paste that in a browser and try it that way? You can put in his name or his ID is 20031630.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288