OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #69

Status
Not open for further replies.

June 21, 2022 George Hearing. So many interesting things brought up by the prosecution.

They had the evidence of George's involvement before Jake and Angela's proffers. The whole case doesn't just hinge on their proffers.

They started to suspect the Wagners when the Wagners kept saying everything was fine with custody but the Rhoden family and outside people gave the opposite story, that Jake and the Wagners wanted custody.

They dug deeper and found out George and the Wagners had done the exact same thing to the mother of George's son, then gave her as little contact with her son as possible.

They knew 3 different guns were user that night, a 22 a 40 and a 30 SKS 7.62 mm. They found this list of guns on Angie's computer that they seized at the border and it had the gun list and listed George's as being the 30 SKS.

They had the shoe receipt and video of Angie buying the shoes..

They had some incriminating statements from electronic "bugging" of George.

They saw from cell tower records that all 4 Wagner phones were together that night. They dug deeper into the cell records and found that in 2016 that night of the murders was the only time all of their phones were together. It places the 3 Wagner men together that night. (Peterson Rd.)

The search of Wagner property found the 22 shell casings that matched the casings at the crime scenes.

This is all independent of Jake and Angela's proffer.

Also the prosecutor said that Complicity in Ohio is if 2 or more people engage in criminal activity for the purpose of one doing one part the other doing the other part then each is responsible for the whole.

He, the prosecutor, said that the defendant doesn't seem to get that he doesn't seem to understand that - he wants to argue that he didn't do this or he didn't do that when the evidence will show that at the very least he participated in every phase of this crime:

The planning, the preparation, the execution and the cover up.

He also mentioned having both circumstantial and direct evidence.

On top of all this the proffers show George bought the vehicle used in the murders and both Jake and Angela place him at the crime scenes. George was hiding in a truck with Jake when Billy went up to Chris Sr's house about the fake lucrative drug deal. This was information mentioned by the prosecution at a hearing.

So you have all this evidence separately found before the proffers were even given, then you add in the proffer information and there just is no way George can not be convicted of the 8 murders in my opinion.

Plus there is the bloody shoe print and George admitting buying a mask and night scope etc....

There are still 14 other charges besides the 8 aggravated murder charges. I just don't understand why George won't take a plea to try to get less that LWOP. I just can't see him going through a trial and ending up with anything except LWOP. I'm not seeing it. Tax payer waste of $.

Jail and upcoming trials finally "broke" Jake and Angela into confessing, but here George sits a few months shy of 4 years in jail and he is just as stubborn ever.

Then we still have Billy, a whole nother "ball game." His attorneys might want to sit in on George's trial if a witness doesn't want to be videoed or recorded. I'm sure they won't want to miss a thing and to relay it back to Billy.

Last edited:
I bet little georgie is feeling the heat now. A sinking terrorized state when his future confinement changes from abstract to brass tax. Won't be too much longer until he'll be holding his breath in fear while the Forman announces tge end of his life outside of prison. It's not half what he deserves tho. Georgie can only tread water so long. He's made a grave miscalculation after jakes deal he should have got in line. He doesn't have ANY redeeming qualities any juror will despise him and his whole family. But an evil of this magnitude and a defendent lacking any regret is going to result in gergies just desserts. May get him on death row just yet. He should get the immersive Wagner butcher experience. Tick tock georgie. Tick tock
I think he might have had a chance at less than LWOP if he had been first at the bargaining table. MOO

I think he might have had a chance at less than LWOP if he had been first at the bargaining table. MOO
You bring up a good point. There might have been a different trial outcome for G4 had he gone first. Especially before JW and AW's confessions with the promise of testifying against G4.

It is hard to believe all four sets of their attorneys were working together to try to exonerate them all. At some point, two sets of attorneys decided to cut bait and go first. Then the other two sets of attorneys were left with the aftermath.

IMO, not an enviable situation.

I also think any of them might have done better at trial if they had insisted on going to trial ASAP. LE has had four additional years to continue to collect more and more evidence. The Prosecution has really created an even stronger case against them after their arrests.

And it was so easy.....just legally listen to their jail time phone calls, and they kept talking.

JMO

Last edited:
I also think any of them might have done better at trial if they had insisted on going to trial ASAP. LE has had four additional years to continue to collect more and more evidence. The Prosecution has really created an even stronger case against them after their arrests.

And it was so easy.....just legally listen to their jail time phone calls, and they kept talking.

JMO
I still think if all 4 would have demanded, speedy trials some if not all would have walked. The state could not have been prepared for all four trails, at one time. With what would have been a very short time line.

I still think if all 4 would have demanded, speedy trials some if not all would have walked. The state could not have been prepared for all four trails, at one time. With what would have been a very short time line.

Billy realized that and tried twice to get his speedy trial back again by twice filing his own motion for it.

His attorneys cancelled it both times. George had his trial schedule a long time ago but his attorneys cancelled it, said they needed more time for discovery. It was the attorneys who talked all of them to keep giving up their speedy trial rights because of not having all the evidence. FW didn't give up her speedy trial right and the prosecution ran out of time with her case and had to dismiss it.

The speedy trials would run out then get renewed again with some of the Wagners, like with George with his first trial scheduled, he gave up his right to speedy trial again. His trial was scheduled because his speedy trial was running out and they had to schedule his trial. So they had him cancel his speedy trial again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220801-111427.png
    Screenshot_20220801-111427.png
    437.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
1659382252053.png

Bullet proof vest

Jury process underway in George Wagner murder trial in Pike County

James Pilcher, WKRC - 7h ago

WAVERLY, Ohio (WKRC) – Questionnaires went out to prospective jurors in the murder case of George Wagner IV earlier this month. Final answers were due back almost two weeks ago.'

It's the official start of the biggest trial ever here in Pike County.

In-person jury selection begins on August 8 and will last about two weeks. 12 jurors and alternates will be chosen starting August 29.

Opening statements are set to begin immediately after that.

None of the lawyers are going on camera before the trial due to the gag order put in place by Common Pleas Court Judge Randy Deering.

As for those jury instructions, the clerk's office said they are not part of the public record after I asked them.

Local 12 is objecting to that decision. We believe it's important that the public know what questions prospective jurors were asked. Our lawyers have sent a letter to Judge Deering asking him to release the records.

Last edited:
08/01/2022WARRANT FOR REMOVAL OF DEFENDANT FROM SCIOTO COUNTY JAIL, PORTSMOUTH OH, AND TO BE BROUGHT TO THE PIKE COUNTY COMMON PLEAS COURT @ 100 E SECOND ST WAVERLY OH, ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 5, 2022, AND TO ARRIVE ON OR BEFORE 9:00 AM.
08/01/2022WARRANT FOR REMOVAL OF DEFENDANT FROM SCIOTO COUNTY JAIL, PORTSMOUTH OH, AND TO BE BROUGHT TO THE PIKE COUNTY COMMON PLEAS COURT @ 100 E SECOND ST WAVERLY OH, ON MONDAY, AUGUST 8, 2022, EACH, AND EVERY WEEKDAY UNLESS INSTURCTED OTHERWISE BY THE COURT, AND TO ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 8:00 AM.
Not sure why he is to be there on Friday.

Last edited:
08/01/2022WARRANT FOR REMOVAL OF DEFENDANT FROM SCIOTO COUNTY JAIL, PORTSMOUTH OH, AND TO BE BROUGHT TO THE PIKE COUNTY COMMON PLEAS COURT @ 100 E SECOND ST WAVERLY OH, ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 5, 2022, AND TO ARRIVE ON OR BEFORE 9:00 AM.
08/01/2022WARRANT FOR REMOVAL OF DEFENDANT FROM SCIOTO COUNTY JAIL, PORTSMOUTH OH, AND TO BE BROUGHT TO THE PIKE COUNTY COMMON PLEAS COURT @ 100 E SECOND ST WAVERLY OH, ON MONDAY, AUGUST 8, 2022, EACH, AND EVERY WEEKDAY UNLESS INSTURCTED OTHERWISE BY THE COURT, AND TO ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 8:00 AM.
Not sure why he is to be there on Friday.

So it looks like they will start jury voir dire on Friday 8/5 then.

Not sure, that could be. He has gone to court twice before when he did not have a hearing, but we do not know why he went. It would seem like with it being the Friday before the questioning of the jurors begins on Monday, it would be that or have something to do with that.

I called the court and the lady there said that she believes it is a hearing about some recent motions and would be open to the public but she was not 100 percent sure on either. I am still trying to find out.

Last edited:
I called the court and she said that she believes it is a hearing about some recent motions and would be open to the public but she was not 100 percent sure on either. I am still trying to find out.

Okay - I will put him there for the time being & make it a Motions hearing until I hear any different from you! And thanks! :)

View attachment 357227

Bullet proof vest

Jury process underway in George Wagner murder trial in Pike County

James Pilcher, WKRC - 7h ago

WAVERLY, Ohio (WKRC) – Questionnaires went out to prospective jurors in the murder case of George Wagner IV earlier this month. Final answers were due back almost two weeks ago.'

It's the official start of the biggest trial ever here in Pike County.

In-person jury selection begins on August 8 and will last about two weeks. 12 jurors and alternates will be chosen starting August 29.

Opening statements are set to begin immediately after that.

None of the lawyers are going on camera before the trial due to the gag order put in place by Common Pleas Court Judge Randy Deering.

As for those jury instructions, the clerk's office said they are not part of the public record after I asked them.

Local 12 is objecting to that decision. We believe it's important that the public know what questions prospective jurors were asked. Our lawyers have sent a letter to Judge Deering asking him to release the records.
This is one trial I do not want to miss.

So the trial will be kept in Pike County with Judge Deering presiding??? I thought when the trial phase began ...or maybe some other time ... AC said/asked that a special judge would preside. I may have missed the final decision on this. Is Judge Deering 'qualified' to preside on a death penalty case?? and is the prosecution side going to be handled with AC and those who have been with her during all of the hearings or will there be more added to prosecution side?? AND any mention of it being streamed live?? ~ TIA

So the trial will be kept in Pike County with Judge Deering presiding??? I thought when the trial phase began ...or maybe some other time ... AC said/asked that a special judge would preside. I may have missed the final decision on this. Is Judge Deering 'qualified' to preside on a death penalty case?? and is the prosecution side going to be handled with AC and those who have been with her during all of the hearings or will there be more added to prosecution side?? AND any mention of it being streamed live?? ~ TIA
The special judge is involved in one hearing is all. The trial will be presided over by judge Deering.

Canepa and all those who have been with her will be there to prosecute the case. There is Canepa, Junk, and at least one other male prosecutor who did alot of talking at the last hearing.

A Motion was posted that appears to be allowing news cameras in court to video it but a witness can choose to not be videoed or recorded.

07/01/2022 ORDER REGARDING MEDIA PARTICIPATION AND GENERAL DECORUM AT ALL PROCEEDINGS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PRETRIALS, MOTION HEARING, VOIR DIRE AND/OR TRIAL FILED

See page 26 Covert Operative posted this Motion.

Last edited:
I called the court and the lady there said that she believes it is a hearing about some recent motions and would be open to the public but she was not 100 percent sure on either. I am still trying to find out.
I’m thinking it regarding the recent motions filed , get them out of the way before next week.
Thanks for calling the court .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member