OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too risky. He would have identified Jake. Although Jake was masked, a kid letting him in and following him around while he commits murder wouldn't work. Some how Jake by-passed the sleeping kid I believe.

I also think Jake used to live in that trailer part time with HR and would have had the key.
It does not seem that JW would have known in advance of that night, that the child was going to be there that night so he might let him in. It was a last minute thing that she brought the child to FR.
I am not sure he even knew that the child was there that night when he went to commit the murders, before he gained access.

I think the same. If you try to say that you were forced to do those things or go along with the family for fear of what may happen to yourself then I think you can say you had no intent to kill. Does not mean its true.
I don't know that he did pull a trigger, but he bought the one use truck, and he did go along. At that point he had the option to stop things with a simple 911 call. He did not. I feel he is complicit, and guilty, as the other ones. Wonder if the jury will believe mom and son, or dad and son? If it all goes to trial, it will be an interesting trial to watch.

It does not seem that JW would have known in advance of that night, that the child was going to be there that night so he might let him in. It was a last minute thing that she brought the child to FR.
I am not sure he even knew that the child was there that night when he went to commit the murders, before he gained access.

Right. It was actually a last minute thing, something to do with daycare the next day, so Jake may not have known depending on how much spying they were doing. But I think C ROB said she thinks and hopes he slept through it. Jake wouldn't be pounding on the door to wake the child up for the child to go answer the door.

I believe Jake snuck in quietly and didn't wake anyone up.

They said that some died simply b/c they happened to be there. I'm thinking GR, and CR2, and possibly HG. Had HG's sis came and stayed the night, as planned, she'd have died too.

They said that some died simply b/c they happened to be there. I'm thinking GR, and CR2, and possibly HG. Had HG's sis came and stayed the night, as planned, she'd have died too.
I think you are right. Those are the 3 I think also. Also if KR had come to spend the night with HR she would have died.

I don't know that he did pull a trigger, but he bought the one use truck, and he did go along. At that point he had the option to stop things with a simple 911 call. He did not. I feel he is complicit, and guilty, as the other ones. Wonder if the jury will believe mom and son, or dad and son? If it all goes to trial, it will be an interesting trial to watch.

They may not have a lot of belief in AW or JW since they are admitted murderers but some or a lot of their testimony will fit the actual evidence the state has to show the jury. It is going to be very interesting to watch, I am very interested in what the Defense can possibly try to say to help G4.

I think BW only defense he could try, is to say that JW is lying and shot them all, but claiming that BW shot 3. Might not help him but they have to come up with something if they go to trial.

The people that seem to come and went, I am sure more then once, someone would send a message saying, I need a place to crash.
The Wags had their accounts hacked, I am sure they could have messaged, leave the door unlocked.
If they good watch dogs, why do you need to lock the doors.
I am sure when they went to bed that night, they did not think they would not wake up in the morning.

The people that seem to come and went, I am sure more then once, someone would send a message saying, I need a place to crash.
The Wags had their accounts hacked, I am sure they could have messaged, leave the door unlocked.
If they good watch dogs, why do you need to lock the doors.
I am sure when they went to bed that night, they did not think they would not wake up in the morning.
I do not think DR and FR had any watch dogs but I am not positive of that. Maybe someone else knows that for sure. I would need to lock my doors even if I had a good watch dog because dogs can be shot, but some may feel safe enough with their dogs. If they had watchdogs seems the dogs would have alerted them someone was near or coming in. If they had them in this case, it did not help.
I do agree they proabably did not think it was their last night to live, most people do not think that in general.

Last edited:
Just thinking, as a "parent" (and I can only put that in quotes), what kind of person is Billy to have his son be the canary in the coal mine going to trial? I truly think he is waiting to see how GW's turns out. If guilty, he will take a plea deal. I don't have any sympathy for the Wagners at all, but I do wonder if that plays in GW's head. Just my opinion.

Just thinking, as a "parent" (and I can only put that in quotes), what kind of person is Billy to have his son be the canary in the coal mine going to trial? I truly think he is waiting to see how GW's turns out. If guilty, he will take a plea deal. I don't have any sympathy for the Wagners at all, but I do wonder if that plays in GW's head. Just my opinion.
Good point.

On some doors they will lock if you lock them from the inside and then go out and close them, not deadbolts though. Not sure if the door was locked by a regular lock or a deadbolt lock.
I can lock my regular lock on my backdoor from the inside and then go out and it will lock but I have to use the key for my deadbolt. It looked like from pictures they had both kinds on their door. I do think they may have had keys to get in and possibly to lock on the way out if all their locks were the kind that needed a key.
I do wonder about keys or whether any of the R's doors were regularly locked at night, much less double locked.

Right after the murders the W4 were trying hard to push the drug and cartel angle . I doubt drug dealers or cartels would have keys to all of their homes.

Another flaw in their 'perfect' plan?

JMO

Too risky. He would have identified Jake. Although Jake was masked, a kid letting him in and following him around while he commits murder wouldn't work. Some how Jake by-passed the sleeping kid I believe.

I also think Jake used to live in that trailer part time with HR and would have had the key.
ITA, I suspect that the Superhero mask, purchased by G4 was used to either gain entry or keep Frankie's toddler occupied during the murders at their trailer.

JMO

None of the Wagners are allowed any communication with each other. Any story they concocted together had to be done before arrests.

There is however the possibility that Angela's and Jake's attorneys communicated with each other. How much of that affected Angela's proffer we don't know.

Canepa said Angie's testimony collaborates Jake's proffer.

Special prosecutor Angela Canepa said that a statement proffered by Wagner will help in the remaining cases. The statement is consistent with that her son, Edward "Jake" Wagner, already provided, she said.

"The defendant had the methods, admitted to committing the offenses with her family members," and either directly carried them out or was complicit in doing so."
Rhoden family murders update: Angela …

I think it was said in court they voted EW out because she was a liability, so I do think she overhead things and they must have threatened her since she pled for her life.
Aren't there recorded jailhouse telephone conversations between Angie and Jake (via Rita)?

IIRC Angie would first call her mother Rita and they concocted a way to add Jake to the phone call.

JMO

They may not have a lot of belief in AW or JW since they are admitted murderers but some or a lot of their testimony will fit the actual evidence the state has to show the jury. It is going to be very interesting to watch, I am very interested in what the Defense can possibly try to say to help G4.

I think BW only defense he could try, is to say that JW is lying and shot them all, but claiming that BW shot 3. Might not help him but they have to come up with something if they go to trial.

If GW3 says that JW/AW are lying, and they can prove it, if found guilty, the DP will be on the table, as an option, for all of them. I truly hope they get 8 counts each of LWOP. No appeals, no more dragging it out, and the families can mourn properly.

Truly disturbing. I hope both Jake and George's ex's have received therapy for what they experienced and dealt with. I hope all their testimony is allowed because it will go a long way to show the family dynamic and control and cult like relationship this family had.
IMO, their testimony will be allowed and will be extremely important to the trial.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members