OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
New motion filed...I have no idea what this means, just copied and pasted from docket.

09/15/2022MOTION NO 110 MOTION TO TAKE JUDICIAL NOTICE FILED Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK

I only know what a search just showed me...

"
"What is the meaning of judicial notice?

Judicial notice is used by a court when it declares a fact presented as evidence as true without a formal presentation of evidence. A court can take judicial notice of indisputable facts. If a court takes judicial notice of an indisputable fact in a civil case, the fact is considered conclusive."

"
"What is an example of judicial notice?

Examples of matters given judicial notice are public and court records, tides, times of sunset and sunrise, government rainfall and temperature records, known historic events or the fact that ice melts in the sun."

"Judicial notice is the most underused—and underappreciated—form of evidence available to trial lawyers. A method of introducing facts into evidence, judicial notice is often the simplest and most efficient way to establish facts that are essential to your case. And it usually does not cost a thing."

Is this a way to get the prosecution to stop talking about a subject? Just a question that comes to mind, I have no idea what the defense is trying to do here.

Last edited:

Defense arguing a technicality that hasn't happened yet having to do with putting evidence documents on screen while witness is being questioned. Can't show unless witness says they don't recall a fact (were you wearing gloves?), then can show (photo of them wearing gloves).

Bringing jury in

ETA: Calling Darrell Hart (sp?) no video or audio

Last edited:
First witness is first responder Daryl Hart. He has opted out.

Taking dd to dentist...you all be good!

To me state has a weak case if they spend days going over the same evidence with different witnesses, by now the jury knows who lived in which home and where they lived, they know and have seen how all the victims looked like when found, if state keeps going over and over what happened the first day I get worried,

they should move on to crime scene analysis, then focus forensically on the Wagner family, showing when did they learn about custody issues, from who did they learn this, when did they first interview any Wagner,

The Wagners may have been on LE radar from start but they had what appeared to be very good alibis, their phones were at their home and if AW had done what was expected of her then those phones were in use that night, which would leave LE to think they were all at home, so I imagine they looked elsewhe3re to see who else could have done it, before circling back to the Wagners, but if JW and AW had not confessed then those alibis would have been presented in court by defense and it would be up to the jury to decide if the alibis were solid or not, or whether the states evidence outweighed the alibi

I have no sound???? Nevermind SMH

Last edited:
New motion filed...I have no idea what this means, just copied and pasted from docket.

09/15/2022MOTION NO 110 MOTION TO TAKE JUDICIAL NOTICE FILED Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK
issue over where Dana's home is, defense arguing it's in Scioto County state it's in Pike County, according to defense it was stipulated to by both sides pre the trial it was in Scioto County

witness we can see and hear, Donald Stone, knew Kenneth, cousins, close to Kenneth, Kenneth helped him out, lived close to each other for 18 years, when Kenneth lived with his wife and children, Kenneth moved away, his wife stayed, fixed up cars together to sell, only been to his home once where he lived when he was killed, Learned what happened at Kenneths on Union Hill, called KR phone, then Luke Rhoden, no answer, went to Union Hill church, knew CRsr and all Rhoden siblings, been to CRsr home once, lots of family at church, approx 150 people, people at church concerned KR not answering phone, Luke Rhoden at church he asked me to go to KR home, Sean his cousin also went, KR worked in Columbus, went to KR door, I told Luke to go in first, Sean by car, KR truck at his home, door to KR camper unlocked, we went into living room, I went upstairs found him in his bed (witness emotional, tearful) had blood all over his eyes in his bed, I knew he was dead, only I went upstairs I didn't touch him, we went back out door, concerned someone was in building by camper, I looked inside nobody in there, marijuana in building, I didn't know MJ in there, had to drive up road a bit due to no service to call 911

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305