OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put Ross in the search bar for this forum and saw a comment here with a photo of George being taken back to jail from a hearing. It mentioned Ross County.
That picture was taken in 2021 .

I wonder if it has something to do with the lawsuit filed last week against him by the media.
I think it could be more personal. I don't know if anyone else has heard this but at times you hear this ding like someone is getting a text message notification on their cell. When the BCI agent last week was testifying there were a whole lot, like one right after the other. The camera was on the guy who sits off to the side of the defense table who I had noticed earlier had a cell phone on the desk in front of him. Up to that point I thought perhaps it was his phone sending notifications of receiving a text, but a few seconds after one of the dings the camera panned to the Judge and he had picked up his cell phone and was looking at it. I noticed he did that a few times immediately after the dinging sounds during testimony and I wondered if he was getting texts from maybe his wife or kids. The article up thread stated that after receiving the post it note he picked up his cell and started typing. Maybe he has a sick wife? He is kind of old and someone it was stated he is retiring early next year.

IDK What does everyone else think?

JMO

I can understand, after seeing some LE people commenting on the abuse they and their families endured online and in real life, how some might not want their faces broadcast. I think the public is entitled to hear the audio though or at the very least the closed caption to read the testimony in real time.
The FBI is having a problem with that right now, where names of agents and their addresses and their families info has gotten out and ended up online. It's causing a lot of concern for federal agents right now because of some radical groups. So yes I can see why some LE, especially those who live and work in Pike County where both families lived would be concerned for themselves and their families. While the LE is paid by the taxpayer and admittedly some might see it as part of their job to be seen testifying in court, their family is not being paid with taxpayer dollars, yet may have to suffer from the fall out if their LE family member's face becomes known.

I personally think Jake, George and Billy was into drug trafficking, based on the story of Billy and Chris supposed to go to CA and Chris bailing on Billy. Then there is the ruse of the big 800,000.00 drug deal of which was supposedly the reason Billy showed up that night and Gary, Chris and Billy went out back to the outbuilding to check on product. I think Billy said he was to transport it. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think that is the way it was supposed to go, Billy had the deal going, Chris was to supply the product and Billy was to transport it.

If so Billy, George and Jake could still have some business associates running free in Pike County that could present a very real danger to LE and their families.

JMO

From the expression on Nash's face at sidebar, I'm getting a bad feeling about the jurors conduct at lunch maybe? I sure hope not. It would make sense to adjourn for juror questioning.
From the way AC and Wilson are bent over talking earnestly to the judge I am getting a bad feeling jake and Angie got wind of where the defense was going and changed their proffers to say George stayed home that night and didn't know squat about planning.

I keep hoping for some, ANY, evidence against George, just one little tidbit that places him at the scenes of the crime but so far, nothing. Absolutely nothing that I have heard. Or seen. Hoping for surveillance cameras putting him in the car with Jake and Billy on the way to or from murder scenes.

JMO

Last edited:
Wonder whatever happened with that womens military style boot print found at one of the crime scenes. I would like to hear more about that before I can say AW wasn't there. I don't like dancing around the maypole.

Oh he's going to have to lie if he testifies according to the proffer.
They already caught him in two lies. One the BCI investigator said it was highly unlikely anyone crawled through the window at Frankies given the tiny space without kicking over that trash can of feed or the tub of feed or tripping on electric wires or some kind of toy. AC tried to get the BCI Agent to admit it was possible on re direct but the agent wouldn't budge off that highly unlikely. She finally gave up on it.

The second is when he said Hannah turned her head to look at him but didn't recognize him before he killed her. The coroner said she was lying on her side maybe nursing and was shot twice in the back of the head. No way she was looking at him or she would have been shot in the face. AC tried to cover it by bringing up something about her head lying or falling back on a bar on the headboard of the bed after she was shot. The coroner admitted that could cause that white mark on the back of Hannahs head but would not commit or move off Hannah lying on her side and being shot in the back of the head or say her body was repositioned after death so the baby could nurse. So that means Jake lied about Hannah waking up, seeing him before he shot her, and repositioning her body so the baby could nurse.

Jake just said that to make himself look like a kind hearted cowboy in a Willie Nelson song who loves babies, warm puppies and girls of the night. He wanted to make it look like he was really just a good guy who loves babies and didn't want the baby to go hungry. I call BS because JM testified he heard little KR crying, probably from hunger.

JMO

I have been able to find all the autopsy reports except Gary Rhoden. Could someone please help me out on locating his autopsy report? I would greatly appreciate it and I thank you in advance.
Will you post them all in one place, like the media thread so we can all read them? TIA

Will you post them all in one place, like the media thread so we can all read them? TIA
Not sure if this helps, but this news article contains an embedded 60-something page PDF containing the Autopsy Reports

Did anyone else notice the flurry of note writing starting with GW4 to the bald guy. He scribbled back to GW4. This was towards the end of the gun expert saying the guns were the same.

could George have something he wants to say? Is it getting too hot for George? Just saying.

A couple of tweets for 9/27/22:

Evan Millward
@EvanMillward
PIKE COUNTY TRIAL: I'm told from pool reporters in the courtroom (I'm stuck @WCPO
home base in Cincinnati this week because of special assignments) - that Elliott said she could tell shoes that left prints at Chris Sr's were cheap. Ultimately found matches at Walmart.

Elliott then testified to some of what special prosecutor Canepa told the jury in openings - security video shows Angela Wagner buying shoes; investigators found receipts for them too.

Again, she has opted out - so her testimony tomorrow will not stream.

Wednesday, Sept. 28th:
*Trial continues (Day 13) (@ 9am ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (37). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) & a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 30) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count of 1st degree conspiracy, 4 counts of 1st degree aggravated burglary, 1 count of 5th degree unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts of 3rd degree evidence tampering, 1 count of 5th degree forgery, 1 count of 5th degree unauthorized use of computer or telecommunications, 1 count of 4th degree interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count of 5th degree obstructing justice, & 1 count of 1st degree engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP. Per Jake’s plea agreement, DP is off the table if his testimony is truthful.
Trial began on 8/29/22 with final jury selection & the jury was seated on 8/30/22. 12 Jurors & 6 alternates. Jury: (9 women & 3 men) & 6 alternates: (5 women & 1 man).
Trial began with opening statements began on Monday, 9/12/22. (Trial is scheduled for 30 days).

Crime info & court hearings from 11/28/18 thru 9/6/22 & Trial Day 1-11 (9/12 to 9/26/22) post #380 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-73.637705/page-19

9/27/22 Tuesday, Trial Day 12: State witness: Matt White, from BCI, a forensic firearms examiner back on stand.
for more info see post #390 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-73.637705/page-20
for more info see posts #411 & 414 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-73.637705/page-21
State witness: Suzanne Elliott, a BCI shoe print expert.
for more info see post #414 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-73.637705/page-21
for more info see post #422 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-73.637705/page-22
for more info see post #489 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bers-wagner-family-arrested-73.637705/page-25
When everyone returned from lunch, Judge adjourned the court. Suzanne Elliott will return to stand tomorrow. Trial continues on 9/28/22.

Last edited:
From the way AC and Wilson are bent over talking earnestly to the judge I am getting a bad feeling jake and Angie got wind of where the defense was going and changed their proffers to say George stayed home that night and didn't know squat about planning.

I keep hoping for some, ANY, evidence against George, just one little tidbit that places him at the scenes of the crime but so far, nothing. Absolutely nothing that I have heard. Or seen. Hoping for surveillance cameras putting him in the car with Jake and Billy on the way to or from murder scenes.

JMO
Oh I hope not. They were just starting though to get to the shoe print evidence and hopefully placing GWIV at the scene. Dismissing early probably was out of an abundance of caution with the bomb threat being at another court or they could have gotten another for their courthouse.

The other thing that came to mind was the ballistics was just finished and they were moving on to shoe prints. Do you think BW's lawyers finally convinced him to plea? Maybe he thinks he sees a way to save his son, so at least one of them gets away with it? I wore the other set of shoes. I just can't see BW acting in such an altruistic way but GWIV's lawyers did say that JW killed all 8 victims, never mentioning BW.

Nah, It was probably the bomb threat.

The FBI is having a problem with that right now, where names of agents and their addresses and their families info has gotten out and ended up online. It's causing a lot of concern for federal agents right now because of some radical groups. So yes I can see why some LE, especially those who live and work in Pike County where both families lived would be concerned for themselves and their families. While the LE is paid by the taxpayer and admittedly some might see it as part of their job to be seen testifying in court, their family is not being paid with taxpayer dollars, yet may have to suffer from the fall out if their LE family member's face becomes known.

I personally think Jake, George and Billy was into drug trafficking, based on the story of Billy and Chris supposed to go to CA and Chris bailing on Billy. Then there is the ruse of the big 800,000.00 drug deal of which was supposedly the reason Billy showed up that night and Gary, Chris and Billy went out back to the outbuilding to check on product. I think Billy said he was to transport it. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think that is the way it was supposed to go, Billy had the deal going, Chris was to supply the product and Billy was to transport it.

If so Billy, George and Jake could still have some business associates running free in Pike County that could present a very real danger to LE and their families.

JMO
You are so right, there is that aspect also and it should be consider when considering the safety of LE and their families. I do think that most likely will be brought up by the defense...unless other evidence (GWIV on audio) is overwhelmingly. AJMO

James Pilcher
Good morning from Pike Co. BCI shoeprint expert Suzanne Elliott returns to the stand to talk about the prints pulled from Dana Rhoden's house - off camera - so no livetweeting. Then BCI criminal analyst Julia Eveslage takes the stand on camera.
@local12
So, IMO-we won't be hearing any testimony until after lunch breach or at least morning break. If I remember, an article yesterday said that SE would be testifyimg this morning about shoe prints at DR's and then the defense still has to question her. Just a heads up for those who are waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288