OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they had to travel through Canada to get to Alaska. I've only been to Canada once, long ago, to Niagara Falls and we just had to show our, then filled out by pen, driver's licences to get in and out, back in the early 70's. I'm sure crossing the border changed drastically since 911. Does Canada require passports now?
Passport or enhanced drivers license.

Adults could've just gotten enhanced drivers license for going to Canada. Only other reason to get a passport is to travel internationally.
If I recall correctly the Wagner's vacationed a lot in Alaska or it was said they did and they had been planning to move there and was a dream of theirs even prior to the murders. So I am curious then if a passport is required, why they didn't have them already.

Also, the cost she listed for these passports is extremely high. Makes me wonder if that was hiding some other expenses in the passport category or if they were obtaining fake ones. I guess we will find out because surely they had the passports somewhere if they paid that much for them.

Ohhh I didn't know about enhanced driver licenses. Are they the norm now or do they cost additional money?
They cost additional, not much though. You have to take in paperwork similar to a passport. It's a quick process.
I travel to Canada periodically as I live near the border and my sister/family live there.

If I recall correctly the Wagner's vacationed a lot in Alaska or it was said they did and they had been planning to move there and was a dream of theirs even prior to the murders. So I am curious then if a passport is required, why they didn't have them already.

Also, the cost she listed for these passports is extremely high. Makes me wonder if that was hiding some other expenses in the passport category or if they were obtaining fake ones. I guess we will find out because surely they had the passports somewhere if they paid that much for them.
We weren't required to have an enhanced drivers license to travel TO Canada -- via air, sea, land -- until recently. Just a drivers license was all that was required. There were/are some exceptions to certain provinces but not clear if that's recent information.
EDL ended in 2019.

James Pilcher
@jamespilcher
·
1m

Prosecutors try to introduce legal bills about custody dispute, leading to long bench conference about evidence again
@local12

Bill shows they contacted him to do custody docs for S the day after the murders. Some invoices for attorney were for Aug 2015. That's when they were trying to get Hanna to sign the documents.

Did Angela really print out hundreds of pages of copies of conversations Tabitha and her mother had with people on Facebook? Wow, very creepy.
Really curious how she was planning to use them. I mean what do you do, go to court and say I hacked FB accounts and now I am showing you proof these people are unfit? It would be laughable to a judge to see that mess and it is a crime. Maybe she just wanted to save them for her own kicks?

https://twitter.com/jamespilcher
@jamespilcher
·
3m

Replying to
@jamespilcher
Now onto Walmart receipt- shows two pairs of shoes being bought April 7 2016 - same styles as prints at crime scenes
@Local12
James Pilcher

@jamespilcher
·
2m

Eveslage says they knew about the shoeprints by that point so were on the lookout for anything from Walmart and she spotted that. Also found documents showing DNA testing for Kylie Rhoden shows Jake is NOT the father.
@local12
James Pilcher

@jamespilcher
·
2m

Correction: they have not said yet it did not ... but Hanna and others had identified Charlie Gilley as the biological father.
@local12

Would this be something used that night? Even though my husband and kids hunt and I know some about the guns they use or what they need to hunt with, I just hear a foreign language when it comes to calibers, rounds, firing pins, brands, types, etc. I could show you a shotgun, a rifle, a handgun (no clue how to tell the differences in all the various handguns though) and I could maybe point out a muzzleloader if I had to, but start talking bullets and the only thing I know is shotgun bullets have lots of pellets in them or something that basically explodes and other than that they all seem the same to me. LOL I know they aren't, but I don't totally get the differences in why one would be used, what weapons can handle which bullets or that type of thing.

Edited to add: I went back to listen to get this info so I could share it once we were discussing it.

The 303 could have been used had they chosen to, but there's been no mention of it so far except it being on the gun list and finding these spent casings.

Sorry, started to answer this, but had to head home from where I was.

Oh, man, was it ever. Most exciting, though, was the day Jake confessed. It took a while to sink in.

OT - why were they spending $900 for passports? That just seems a little high. In the old days, kids could be on a parent's passport.
Fees are up and kids have to have a passport and apply with two parents or a court order giving sole custody or an official death certificate (etc). With photos, etc. it can run $150 each so that's about right for 6 people.

Somewhere in here there is a transcript of the openings. I find it a bit easier to read it so I can fast forward ahead to read the parts I want to see and not have to listen to it all. LOL

Found it PikeCountyMassacre_T01_D001_P1
Thanks! Maybe we will get lucky and more free transcripts will turn up. Appreciate it.

Fills in alot of information. One example, how BCI knew they watched Boondock Saints.

"....We also learn that both Jake and George dyed their hair the week of the homicides, dyed it very dark.

02:00:42:29 - 02:01:13:26

Speaker 2

Now, again, this is kind of an odd oddity, but Jake Wagner fancied himself a Norman Reedus lookalike. Norman Reedus is the actor who plays Daryl on The Walking Dead. He also plays in another movie called Boondock Saints. You will hear more information about this in the course of the trial. So again, please follow the court's order and don't go home and watch it only consider what you hear here.

02:01:15:10 - 02:02:01:14

Speaker 2

But the Boondock Saints is the story of two brothers who are vigilante killers. Kill all people we need killed right in now justified. And they say scripture over the last guy when they kill them and their dad in Boondock Saints, too. The dad also joins in the two brothers. One of the brothers is played by Norman Reedus. Okay, so this becomes important when again, we're examining Jake's phone and we find that at 7:06 p.m. on the night of the homicides, he googles and watches a scene from Boondock Saints to it's called the ding dong *advertiser censored* scene.

02:02:01:24 - 02:03:02:02

Speaker 2

Okay? It's not even one of the brothers in the scene, but he's you know, he's got 19, 11, 20 two's with silencers on them and, you know, utter some profanities, you know, like they're arriving to kill these people, right? They watch that at 7:00 the night before and they left to go kill these eight people. That's important because for whatever reason, they take a lot of their cues from the homemade silencer, from the walking dead and dyed their hair to look like the brothers in Boondock Saints, and of course, presumably to throw off any forensic evidence that might be gathered if they were leave behind a hair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member