OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if JW and AW confess to a crime and accuse BW and GW of the same crime, what happens if both BW and GW deny it and accuse AW and JW of acting alone with out their participation? It then becomes a tie. Maybe they can vote on it around the kitch
Good point. Jake didn't get with Elizabeth until AK so if Angela was figuring out the passport prices before June 2017, then it would have to be for somebody other than Elizabeth. There are any number of friends and relatives and business partners they could have thought about driving to AK with. FW no way. She was taking care of her sick husband before the Wagner's moved up there. He passed in August 2017. Wagner's arrived June 2017. Wedding application taken out January 2018.
It couldn't be Hanna's second child, could it? I'm drawing a blank on a 5th person.

It's ultimately the jury's decision of course. What I was wondering is if JW's confession is a stipulation of sorts and holds any sort of judiciary weigh to rate a instruct the jury on? Or does the judge instruct the jury to give NO lawful weight/consideration (nothing extra) to a confession that has sentenced a man to prison under the laws of Ohio state
Looking at the pictures of Flying W, I'm glad the Ws weren't able to latch onto Yellowstone instead of Boondocks Saints. Yellowstone is more recent.

Edit: Oh that pony looks terrible!

They weren't much for maintaining the place, were they?
I'm shocked at the shabbiness of it all and the condition of those ponies or miniature horses.

I don't remember if any evidence was found at Flying W. If not why take the time to tour the property?? I wonder with Billy being in jail, has the property deteriorated?? :))

Guessing they'll move to the second search next, and pull two of the murder weapons in concrete filled buckets from the pond.

I like the other guy, who is he?

Edit: I think this camera angle has degraded the audio, accoustics are terrible now.
I do too! He is loud and clear, his questions are specific, he words them just right, no pauses or delays. He also goes quickly through all this evidence and seemed to have a flow with the witness that needs to introduce all this evidence.

I wonder if BW guns were still there when they went into the house, a previous witness testified to BW having loads of guns in his room, they weren't in their belongings on State Route 40 and they couldn't take them to Alaska so maybe the witness (can't remember his name who wore a wire for LE) had told them about BW guns he saw in 2016 pre the murders and they were hoping they were still at the farm

This thread has reached capacity and will close in 5 minutes.

Please continue here:

James Pilcher
@jamespilcher
Good morning from Pike County BCI agent Perry Roeser - part of the first search of the Flying W - up on the stand first. LOTS of evidence to get through.

Before jury is brought in, defense argues firearms about to be introduced not involved in murders. Should not be introduced. But prosecutor argues guns were on list from Jake Wagner's form. To show it's not a wish list but an actual list - which included George's name.

Also wants to show how they were ruled out by BCI's Matt White. Judge asks about list on Jake Wagner's phone. Prosecutor: evidence shows it is not a wish list as George says. Instead shows actual guns they owned - including SKS under George's name

Canepa: "great effort by George" on recording on R&L truck wiretap to describe as wishlist and that he knew he was being recorded. Prosecutors say this is independent proof of conspiracy. And they found 9mm Beretta George bought just days after murders

Defense: Can't link the list to actual guns ... it was only a type of gun - it was created a year before the murders.

Defense: Doesn't matter that this is part of their investigation. Not relevant to trial - especially since Jake told them were actual murder weapons were.

Adds that all the guns used were recovered - but not being introduced today.

Prosecutors - not introducing them to show they had guns and were homicidal maniacs. Instead, they are showing guns that are on the list. Judge asks they haven't issued his denial that it is a wish list. Canepa says they haven't heard Jake's statement either.

Prosecutors say they are amenable to cautionary instructions to jury either now or when they get instructions before deliberations

Prosecutor Wilson - also need to show how we ruled these firearms out during investigation, and how to show George was member of consipiracy. The list and subsequent guns shows he's part of it.

Judge denies defense motion in limine - says he will issue caution at jury instructions that evidence/guns can't be used as propensity. Given later evidence shown George denies the list shows consipiracy.

Actually BCI agent Ryan Scheiderer up first - led investigation. Starting with review of Peterson Road searches of Wagner home.

Was present at both - and he was the one who sent BCI agent to a Walmart to confirm what kind and size shoes were purchased.

A picture of the tag and shoes @Local12 both a size 10.5 and 11 were on the receipt

Tag.jpg shoes.jpg

SKUs on the receipt matched that of the shoes - this was in a different Walmart from where they were purchased.

Showing the 11 and tread of 10.5 @Local12 SKUs matched both shoes

Shoes2.jpg Tag2.jpg

Scheiderer says BCI also looking for murder weapons plus those on list on Jake's phone as potential "contributors" to the murders.

Didn't find any - and they knew Wagners were moving to Alaska and couldn't take them across Canadian border. So they wanted to look at other places that could store guns, hence the Flying W Ranch where Billy Wagner was living.

First search of Flying W done on May 13, 2017. Scheiderer was there for that.

Scheiderer: After the second search, it was "out of the bag" that BCI was looking at the Wagners. State put out press release after the Wagners moved to Alaska asking people to come forward but didn't say anything specific about weapons etc.

BCI also asked for a special judge for the case to handle search warrants etc. and control information. All sealed in separate county

Didn't yet know what guns fired the .30 caliber or .22 long rifle rim fire bullets when Peterson Road search. BCI didn't identify the actual guns until July 2017.

Outlined his duties as lead agents to coordinate warrants, direct agents, have an ops plan etc. Then get information and findings and consult with others.

Onto cross examination - asks about items on the Walmart list - gas medicine, baby wipes, cough syrup etc.

Scheiderer recounts first meeting Jake at Peterson Rd. around fire pit outside in April 2017. Did not ask about homicides at that point. Then met him again May 3 when George, Jake and Angela were loading stuff up into trailer.

George left as soon as Scheiderer arrived at that point. Scheiderer says Jake previously told him they were moving to Alaska at some point.

At second meeting - they were storing their belongings at Brown property where they were eventually searched.

Scheiderer says both lied to him about the murders at that meeting. Parker asks about media showing up at second search. Asks if there are leaks? Scheiderer says BCI did not alert anyone - and perhaps a neighbor called when they saw agents show up.

Parker asks if BCI ever asked George for his phone. No. Now on re-direct: Scheiderer says Jake called the Alaska trip just a recon trip to check it out, not that they were going to move. And that Billy expressed reservations about going.

link: https://twitter.com/jamespilcher

I am in the middle of making dinner - so I shall grab the other tweets in a bit.

I'm shocked at the shabbiness of it all and the condition of those ponies or miniature horses.
It's a typical horse farm w/elderly owners, and one very sick, at that. RW is/was probably over part of it and G3 over another. Many times horse farms are a family affair as the older kids age out of interest, it's very costly to keep those barns all painted and spiffy. I can't see all of the ponies very well, but ponies generally look pretty rough as they age. Most get founder, as the one in the forefront, in their geriatric years. I'd guess the pony in its 20s. It's mane and tail look to have been brushed recently.
1665501035991.png
1665500969612.png

This thread has reached capacity and will close in 5 minutes.

Please continue here:

Can you bring my post over - I just posted it after yours... Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni