OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about the impaired heaing yesterday, too when I read it. That was the first I have ever heard that (however I have missed alot in the past). I do know someone who is deaf in one ear from having a gun fired right next to the them. So, maybe it comes from hunting or all the shooting practice they did or even from the night of the murders (IMO).

Would you mind to capture & put the reporter's name at the top of the page? It might help cut down duplicate posts. Thanks!

I don’t know if I believe Jake’s version of events, is he taking more of the fall so GW can get a lighter sentence? No DP? He knows they weren’t walking away. By all accounts GW had more gun experience & hunting experience. Jake was the momma’s boy. There is just something in my gut that’s telling me Jake wasn’t that collected that he was able to shoot/kill, gather cameras, evidence and drive from scene to scene. I’m sure i’ll never know but something just doesn’t sit right with this version to me.
So I thought the same thing earlier, but someone pointed out to me that part of JWs plea deal was no DP for the family.
But maybe he can get less that LWOP.

Ohio needs to revisit the laws governing opts in and out. There is no reason to give the likes of JW and AW an option. They pled guilty and as part of that they should have to face the public at trial. Jmo
I soooo agree! It should be included in the testifying to the satisfaction of the prosecution part of the plea deal.

So I thought the same thing earlier, but someone pointed out to me that part of JWs plea deal was no DP for the family.
Not with the way the gun penalties are written. If GWIV was a participant on scene that night and armed with a firearm, he doesn't need to have fired it to be guilty of the murders. That's how I understand it anyway. If I'm mistaken hopefully someone will correct me.

I am so confused on this. I thought that if JW and BW took a plea the would not get the DP. But if they rolled the dice and went to trial, they are eligible for DP?

Someone help me out. TIA.

Ohio needs to revisit the laws governing opts in and out. There is no reason to give the likes of JW and AW an option. They pled guilty and as part of that they should have to face the public at trial. Jmo
Agree. Especially redefine the "testify in open court" meaning. TV nowadays with technology/internet should be included as "open court" not just in-person: IF in-person is even mentioned in that legal description.

Angenette Levy
@Angenette5

Getting ready to go to the courtroom. No phones or computers allowed. Will tweet updates during the break. OH v. #GeorgeWagnerIV
@LawCrimeNetwork

5:38 AM · Oct 25, 2022·T

@Seattle1 are you planning on posting Angennette's at break? I'm doing Courtney's. @arielilane is doing James & others.

With as many as we're trying to follow and as anxious as we all are to see them, having 3 hands on deck would be awesome & get them out so much faster! Just a thought.

Well I better go get set up. O/T somewhat but just reminded me of some of the places in Ohio that we have here in the UK. Wakefield, Waverley, Boston and Peebles. There are some more but I Cant remember off the top of my head. Must dash.

This area(SE Ohio) was settled by Colonists after the Revolutionary War. Many of them received grants of land in exchange for their service. Many were from families that came from England, by way of Virginia, Carolinas, Connecticut, Massachusetts, etc.

@Seattle1 are you planning on posting Angennette's at break? I'm doing Courtney's. @arielilane is doing James & others.

With as many as we're trying to follow and as anxious as we all are to see them, having 3 hands on deck would be awesome & get them out so much faster! Just a thought.
Good idea @Pru2U. Unfortunately, I'm not available today and had just enough time to add Angegentte's opening/reminder Tweet of delayed access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member