OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#38

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chelly

Chelly Remember Teghan Skiba

This is helpful and appreciated.

2. rsd1200

rsd1200 I mean good manners don't cost nothing do they, eh

Then again, folks go missing in these mountains all the time. They find HMR's vehicle near a body of water and she's fallen in, or near a trail head and she's found at the bottom of ravine. People die in the Gorge down here every year, or have to be rescued. I just think there's more to this.

Subiechik21, 8paws, superbee and 8 others like this.
  3. rsd1200

rsd1200 I mean good manners don't cost nothing do they, eh

BBM
    So, you know militia too. The Ws could have attended and just been mixing with the crowd like you? For people with laser focus on them, it would be difficult for them to assimilate with militia. Militia are not typically trusting and welcoming of strangers, and would not want the publicity. If they were with militia, the press would dig that out in a heartbeat and the militia would be denouncing them. I guess we'll see what comes out in trial, but I seriously doubt that bunch was welcomed by militia when they got there.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  4. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

That is another very strange investigation in that area. Why would it be so difficult to determine that. I wonder if they gave the guy who was present a polygraph test. Why were those two out in a woods?

5. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

I'm not yet convinced she was out in the woods while still alive or, if she was, she went there willingly.

Yes, Violet Taylor's mysterious death and the inactive investigation into it is another reminder that things are still "business as usual" in Pike County.

Some speculation from me:

Was her killer somehow linked to the Wags family through "business" connections?

Is her killer an informant for LE or "untouchable" in some other way that caused the case to go cold?

Again, this harks back to the disturbing LE practices in the area revealed in the "Forgotten Women of Ohio" documentary. Regardless of arresting the W family for killing the Rhodens and HHG, there's still something really wrong in that area.

Subiechik21, superbee, kwins and 8 others like this.
  6. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

JMO, but I don't think there were many from the news media who were closely following the W's activities in Alaska. One the initial media interest faded away, it doesn't appear any media outlets were paying attention to them. No one even reported them returning to Ohio. The national (or lower 48) news media hasn't even reported much from AK since the arrests. Not to say there aren't some independent journalists up there looking into things, but it's just not the way the news media operates these days. Very little investigative journalism, sadly.

7. RAISINISBACK

RAISINISBACK Well-Known Member

BBM

You are forgetting that they are allowed visitors. I suspect that RW has been to see each of them probably on a weekly basis and can pass along any messages between them. Granted everything they say is recorded and DeWine is probably listening to every word they utter, but IMO they can develop a system to pass on messages to each other. I would say they also have phone calls. So I am betting they have all talked to FW and RN.

JMO

8. RAISINISBACK

BBM

Maybe we should be checking the jail rosters daily at each respective facility the W's are housed in for any of these relatives to show up. Just saying...if they are bad boys.

JMO

9. RAISINISBACK

Can you post the link?

Subiechik21 likes this.
  10. Charliegizmo49

Charliegizmo49 Former Member

Well. I can respond by saying I do not and never would volunteer to man the booth for them or attend the same house of worship.

Two articles and there are plenty more.

Norm Olson bids farewell to Northern Michigan

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...sf/2009/11/anti-government_militia_moveme.amp

Is Alaska's most notorious militiaman under the lens?

Benefit or Burden? Alaska Militias Prep for Inevitable Challenges, Worst Case Scenarios

11. Myland

Myland Well-Known Member

Jmo I don’t think they could have arrested W right after murders. No. 2 no arrests soon.

12. Myland

Myland Well-Known Member

Od so common in the area jmo

13. RAISINISBACK

At 4:45 to 5:05 is when FW said "never happened" while the prosecutor was talking about her discussing her testimony before the grand jury with others.

She never said a word when they were talking about the conversation between her and BW, AW, JW and GW at her home. So apparently that conversation about getting revenge on public officials who were just doing their job actually took place and she was a part of it.

JMO

Subiechik21, 8paws, superbee and 4 others like this.
  14. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Two, one is an adult.

Subiechik21 and rsd1200 like this.
  15. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Exactly. Totally agree. Like most murders, there’s not “one” motive. Many things fester, often for years, then an event, situation, or........, jerks someone’s chain & they can no longer control their urges to get what they believe is revenge.

16. IQuestion

IQuestion Well-Known Member

Hi Trudie, sorry for the "late" info on your post. ProsecutorJ made sure he mentioned the "false notarized documents" were NOT part of a loan/escrow...ie a relatively small financial crime. Think along the lines...my husband can't make it to an escrow office in time to close escrow and the notary speaks to him on the phone and he implores, "Please, I have to close this escrow because this is the last day of the month!" And, the notary agrees....not good business practice.
    But, where it becomes a REALLY BIG CRIME (raising the level of the felony IMO) is if my husband had been murdered earlier in the day (sorry my gorgeous hubby for using you as an example), NEVER spoke to the notary, and the people for whom the notary worked were the ones who committed the murder. My call is "these crooked grannies" are going to be convicted....they were integral in the perpetuation and misleading information of the murder investigation of 8 HUMAN BEINGS. RN's actions devalued the life and wishes of a murdered mother who had just given birth......
    And FWconspired escape & revenge against LE/officials who discharged their duty in order to keep the community safe.....
    In My Opinion....the grannies deserve to wear matching orange jumpsuits for a couple of years.

Notary says she falsified documents linked to slayings – Orange County Register

Subiechik21, superbee, kwins and 8 others like this.
  17. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

BBM
    It sure seems that way. I tell everyone to watch that documentary to see what can, and does, happen even in rural Ohio...
    You hear of dirty cops in big cities but apparently they can be anywhere...

18. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I doubt they chit chat about their cases. Their attorneys have advised them to avoid discussing anything. We will know once trials begin.
    Idk if RW would visit. I do NOT know him. I know people that do. Everyone (I know) seems to love him, his wife & kids. It’s been implied RW did not enjoy a harmonious relationship with his brother but is close with his sister. There is a stark contrast in the lifestyles of the brothers.
    RW & his family are very active in their community, the public schools, social events and so forth. I don’t for one minute believe RW would act as a messenger for the 4. I think, if anything, he’s deeply ashamed and pissed as heck his mother and the W name is involved in this.

19. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I grew up in WI, go back to WI/MI frequently. Strong presence of militia.

20. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Oh I hope you can, I tried, no luck.

IQ, thanks for the link. I followed that case for ten years. Nice to get an update.

Subiechik21 and IQuestion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.