OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just curious as to why none of the other co-defendant's defense teams asked and/or inquired about RW being able to visit with them (either in jail and/or per phone) - why just Billy? Is it safe to assume she doesn't visit any of the others? I am just curious what is up with that? Thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Betty P., I can't make out what he's saying, but it looks like he might discussing what has to happen with those hard-drives before they can proceed building a defense? G looks a bit more humble, or concerned, today, JMO.

Meanwhile, from out in left field .... What is up with the triangular shape in G's left hear? Hearing aid? Or just the weirdest ear I've ever seen?

Col, to your last sentence...., I'm not sure but the day of his arrest, he had a huge knot on that side of his head, especially showed at arraignment in Ky. JmO

And we all know those are messages coming from FR to Billy W and the rest of the W4. I'm surprised that the State and judge allowed RW to continue to communicate. They all said it would be ok, as long as she didn't discuss the case, etc with him. Does anyone thing that's going to be monitored? Maybe the State thinks they have a strong enough case that even FW can't derail it. I dunno?

If they weren't monitoring them pretty closely already, they'd likely not have caught RW. Every call, text, local visit, is recorded and piece of mail opened. They'll just double down on those four.

They video conference all visits so they wouldn't be able to do that. The visitor is in the lobby and they have to talk over a phone to the prisoner somewhere in the building.

Their mail is opened when they receive it. They scan the mail and then search for keywords such as jail break.

My worry would be passing messages from a different Pike County inmate and that person receiving the message by mail.

You know, I'm half waiting to hear the Ws took up sign language.

Seems likely. He did something to really mess up his career. He seems to have recovered, professionally speaking. Must have all the right connections in Columbus. That said, most people (children and adults) with ADD are highly intelligent and capable of high achievement if they can manage their distractability.

Owen's bio on his web site shows he's prevailed in a lot of DP cases. Maybe the state went easy on him because it's so difficult finding DP qualified defense attorneys. Some of the stuff is classic Columbus - prosecutors losing fingerprint evidence against defendants when someone stole their briefcase from a downtown bar at night. In Columbus, it's all about low expectations and who you know. Just look at most of the Ohio Supreme Court.

Attorney James Owen | Koenig & Long LLC

Sickening, and a disgrace to the State of Ohio, IMO. But...right up the Wagners you know what, JMO

Guess how the old docs would get rid of a big ole cyst like that.

They would get the biggest hardcover book off the shelf, and ... WHAM! Smash the heck out of it.

Any volunteers to help out? :p A nice large Bible maybe.
That’s not very nice :eek:

About to crash, gotta get up super early in the AM. Special request, can anybody PM me a link to CRSR FB? I've heard multiple times from random sources that AW is the only friend on his page. I've searched in every form and way I can fathom, & haven't been able to find it. TIA, side note I saw earlier from a few diff sources that a major network is in the process of a TV show about these murders. I believe it would be against t.o.s. so out of respect I wont post a link. Goodnight everyone!!!

Come to think of it, they didn't discuss each motion, just said they were presented immediately before the hearing. Was it 41 motions? An awful lot if correct.

I bet Billy really wants to know what's on those hard-drives!
If they ruled on all 41 motions today, I hope the news media can fill us in. There were some fairly significant motions in that group. Judge had previously said they would rule on all of them at the end of the month.

Here ya go - all 41 motions filed by defense - excuse the CAPS - just copying & pasting!

eServices provided by equivant.
CourtView Justice
01/17/2019 MOTION FOR BILL OF PARTICULARS FILED Attorney: HAYES, THOMAS F Attorney: COLLINS, MARK C
01/17/2019 MOTION OF DEFENDANT FOR IN-PERSON VISITATION BY INVESTIGATORS FILED Attorney: HAYES, THOMAS F Attorney: COLLINS, MARK C
01/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR APPROPRIATION OF FUNDS FOR A DEFENSE INVESTIGATOR FILED Attorney: HAYES, THOMAS F Attorney: COLLINS, MARK C
01/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR APPROPRIATION OF FUNDS FOR A PSYCHOLOGIST FILED Attorney: HAYES, THOMAS F Attorney: COLLINS, MARK C
01/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR APPROPRIATION OF FUNDS FOR A DEFENSE MITIGATION EXPERT FILED Attorney: HAYES, THOMAS F Attorney: COLLINS, MARK C
01/17/2019 (1) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO DISCLOSE NAMES OF GRAND JURY WITNESSES FILED
01/17/2019 (2) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO TRANSCRIBE THE GRAND JURY PROCEEDINGS PRIOR TO TRIAL FILED
01/17/2019 (3) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR A PRE-TRIAL COPY OF THE TRANSCRIPT OF THE GRAND JURY PROCEEDINGS FILED
01/17/2019 (4) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR STENOGRAPHIC RECORD OF ALL COURT PROCEEDINGS IN THIS CASE FILED
01/17/2019 (5) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL DISCLOSURE OF AGGRAVATING FACTORS AND INFORMATION RELATING TO MITIGATING FACTORS FILED
01/17/2019 (6) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO DISMISS CAPITAL COMPONENTS OF THIS CASE DUE TO CONSTITUTIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LAW VIOLATIONS FILED
01/17/2019 (7) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO SUBMIT A DETAILED JURY QUESTIONNAIRE FILED
01/17/2019 (8) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO HAVE THE COURT FOLLOW THE O.R.C. SECTION 2945.25(C) STANDARD FOR "DEATH-QUALIFICATION" OF VENIREPERSONS FILED
01/17/2019 (9) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PROHIBIT ANY REFERENCES TO THE FIRST PHASE OF THESE PROCEEDINGS AS THE "GUILT PHASE" FILED
01/17/2019 (10) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR SPECIAL PROCEDURES TO INSULATE THE VENIRE AND THE EMPANELLED JURY FILED
01/17/2019 (11) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR INDIVIDUAL SEQUESTERED VOIR DIRE ON DEATH PENALTY, PUBLICITY, AND OTHER ISSUES FILED
01/17/2019 (12) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR COMPREHENSIVE VOIR DIRE FILED
01/17/2019 (13) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR ALTERNATING INDIVIDUAL VOIR DIRE FILED
01/17/2019 (14) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO EXCLUDE VENIREPERSONS WHO CANNOT FAIRLY CONSIDER MITIGATING EVIDENCE AND/OR WHO WOULD AUTOMATICALLY VOTE FOR DEATH UPON FINDING OF GUILT IN THE CULPABILITY PHASE FILED
01/17/2019 (15) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PROHIBIT THE STATE'S USE OF PEREMPTORY CHALLENGES TO EXCLUDE VENIREPERSONS WITH CONCERNS ABOUT IMPOSING THE DEATH PENALTY FILED
01/17/2019 (16) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PROHIBIT REFERENCES TO THE JURY THAT A DEATH PENALTY VERDICT IS ONLY A RECOMMENDATION TO THE TRIAL JUDGE FILED
01/17/2019 (17) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO HAVE THE COURT FOLLOW CRITERIA OUTLINED WITHIN WITHERSPOON V. ILLINOIS AND WAINWRIGHT V. WHITT FOR "DEATH QUALIFICATION" FILED
01/17/2019 (18) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR DAILTY TRANSCRIPTS FILED
01/17/2019 (19) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR A COURTROOM DECORUM ORDER TO ENSURE A FAIR TRIAL FILED
01/17/2019 (20) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO RECORD ALL SIDEBAR PROCEEDINGS FILED
01/17/2019 (21) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO HAVE REASONS FOR DEFENSE OBJECTIONS AND REASONS FOR OVERRULING DEFENSE OBJECTIONS PLACED ON THE RECORD FILED
01/17/2019 (22) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PERMIT ACCUSED TO APPEAR IN CIVILIAN CLOTHING AND WITHOUT RESTRAINTS AT ALL PROCEEDINGS FILED
01/17/2019 (23) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PROPERLY PRESERVE AND CATALOG ALL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE FILED
01/17/2019 (24) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR AN ORDER DIRECTING THAT A COMPLETE COPY OF THE PROSECUTOR'S FILE BE MADE AND TURNED OVER TO THE COURT FOR REVIEW AND TO BE SEALED FOR APPELLATE REVIEW, IF NECESSARY FILED
01/17/2019 (25) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS TO TURN OVER AND ADVISE THE PROSECUTING ATTORNEY OF ALL INFORMATION ACQUIRED DURING THE COURSE OF INVESTIGATION FILED
01/17/2019 (26) MOTION FOR DISCLOSURE OF OTHER ACTS EVIDENCE FILED
01/17/2019 (27) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR A JURY VIEW FILED
01/17/2019 (28) DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO EXCLUDE PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE DECEASED FILED
01/17/2019 (29) DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE PREJUDICIAL DISPLAY OF TANGIBLE THINGS AND/OR PHOTOGRAPHS FILED
01/17/2019 (30) DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT VICTIM-IMPACT EVIDENCE DURING THE TRIAL AND, IF NECESSARY, THE MITIGATION PHASE FILED
01/17/2019 (31) DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE STATE FROM EMPLOYING PREJUDICIAL ARGUMENTS AND THEMES FILED
01/17/2019 (32) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO DETERMINE AND LIMIT PLAINTIFF'S MITIGATION PHASE EVIDENCE OUTSIDE THE PRESENCE OF THE JURY FILED
01/17/2019 (33) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR INSTRUCTION THAT THE DEFENDANT BEARS NO BURDEN OF PROOF AT THE MITIGATION PHASE FILED
01/17/2019 (34) DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO LIMIT SCOPE OF ANY REBUTTAL EVIDENCE OFFERED BY THE STATE IN THE MITIGATION PHASE FILED
01/17/2019 (35) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PROHIBIT THE PROSECUTOR FROM ARGUING AND THE COURT FROM GIVING INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING STATUTORY MITIGATING FACTORS NOT RAISED BY THE DEFENSE FILED
01/17/2019 (36) DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING THE ADMISSIBILITY OF MITIGATING EVIDENCE THAT POST-DATES DEFENDANT'S ARREST FILED
01/17/2019 (37) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO AVOID COERSIVE PRACTICES DURING MITIGATION PHASE DELIBERATIONS FILED
01/17/2019 (38) DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE STATE FROM COMMENTING ON DEFENDANT'S UNSWORN STATEMENT FILED
01/17/2019 (39) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO ALLOW THE DEFENSE TO ARGUE LAST AT THE MITIGATION PHASE FILED
01/17/2019 (40) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO INSTRUCT THE JURY TO CONSIDER MERCY IN ITS MITIGATION PHASE DELIBERATIONS, AND TO PROHIBIT THE PROSECUTOR FROM ARGUING THAT THE JURY SHOULD NOT CONSIDER MERCY FILED
01/17/2019 (41) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO INSTRUCT THE JURY OIN THE SPECIFIC MITIGATING FACTORS RAISED BY DEFENSE FILED
01/17/2019 IDENTIFICATION OF DISCOVERY PROVIDED FILED

link: https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/e...ifvvSBfjunPCwAcD9CPv**mK9pMyle726Bh6Rg2QkcZNg

Motion 22 - he can wear suits, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member