OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#43

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puzzles8

Puzzles8 Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this. I was just about to go back and start wading through pages of documents!
    Excellent analysis.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    8paws, Loomis124, Daisy47 and 4 others like this.
  2. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

Ok in looking back at count 19 now with the July 1, 2014 beginning date, it's for unlawful use of property not tampering. I could have sworn someone posted that #19 was a tampering charge. I must have read the post wrong. Sorry everyone and thank you Betty!

OhioBlues, Daisy47, Cool Cats and 3 others like this.
  3. Cool Cats

Cool Cats ....."The Hunters Became The Hunted".....

It was said in court at Fred's pretrial--2 vests were found.
    Here are some interesting things mentioned in court that day:

Wagner’s defense attorneys James Owen and Charles Koenig expressed their displeasure that their ‘demand for discovery’ had not been met.
    They argued they’d requested transcripts of Wagner’s testimony in front of a grand jury that happened before they were hired. The attorneys argue the transcripts will provide context of Wagner’s answers and the questions asked during her testimony.

Owen also brought to light that Wagner’s claims that she has impaired hearing and was having difficulty understanding questions at the time of her testimony that he says led to the obstruction and perjury charges.
    “She’s a decent person who’s falsely being accused of being on the wrong side of the law,” Owen stated.

During the back and forth between attorneys it was revealed two bulletproof vests were seized by officials in May and were found in Wagner’s son’s room inside her home.
    Owen also requested all documents and evidence relating to when the bulletproof vests were found and purchased.

“Fredericka is an honest, decent, law abiding citizen who is falsely accused of being on the wrong side of the law she doesn’t want to create anything that would create any suspicion to the contrary,” Owen said.

Owen also expressed the defense’s desire for a quick trial date so that Wagner could begin writing cards to her loved ones again.

The judge also announced Wagner’s bail be moved from government funding to self-pay.

At the end of the hearing Canepa requested a gag order in the case so that no parties speak to the media ahead of the trial. Owen quickly opposed the order.

“The day the news conference was issued they held a big news conference, they put out all this false information, they made false allegations about Fredericka, and at some point in time, not now, but at some point in time we may want to counter that. So I absolutely oppose it," Owen said. "After they taint the jury pool and put out all sorts of things we think aren’t true, now they want a gag order. We haven’t abused anything, we’ve complied with everything we’ve tried to be as reasonable as we can. I just don’t think there’s any need for it in this case and at some point in time we may want to talk to the press to correct the record.”

Canepa stated that the only thing said to any members of the media was the announcement of the indictments. She also said the state does not plan to speak on the case.

The judge asked both parties to submit their arguments for or against the gag order and he would review them.

Wagner’s next appearance in court will be her second pretrial hearing March 28 at 1:30 p.m.

Purchase of bulletproof vests at center of charges against Wagner matriarch

4. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

Happy to help. I've found it helpful to download the copies of the indictments to my own laptop for easy reference.

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...cial-Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments

The links are also in the Media & Timelines thread for this case:

Media & Timeline NO DISCUSSION - Pike Co, OH 8 Family Members Murdered

5. Cool Cats

Cool Cats ....."The Hunters Became The Hunted".....

Here's a picture of them at a Walmart in Kenai Alaska. July 14, 2017
    If they bought their supplies there, it still wasn't far enough away! o_O

Edward 'Jake' Wagner (left) Angela Wagner and George Wagner IV (right)
    Were spotted heading to Walmart in Alaska. Police believe the family holds the key in helping solve the slayings of eight people in Piketon, Ohio
    Pictured, people in laser focus of multiple murder hunt | Daily Mail Online

[​IMG]

Loomis124, OhioBlues, Ann99 and 3 others like this.
  6. rsd1200

rsd1200 Well-Known Member

There's a lot of horsey folks who take their horses there b/c of R&R's reputation.

FrankieT, Daisy47, Cool Cats and 4 others like this.
  7. Betty P

Curious about something I was reading last night about a vet who was busted for selling opiods. How easy is it for a livestock owner to purchase drugs by mail? What kinds of drugs can they purchase for animals?

8. evelezrn

evelezrn Well-Known Member

Very interesting. Vets can purchase and stock opioids in their offices. See below per FDA

The Opioid Epidemic: What Veterinarians Need to Know

Daisy47, Loomis124, pepper 34 and 7 others like this.
  9. rsd1200

You can purchase meds online, but, if they are certain types of meds, (Tramadol for instance), you will need your vet info, and scrip. I've purchased pet meds at our local pharmacy with a scrip, and I've purchased online, but not meds that require a scrip. I can get the scrip meds pretty cheap at the pharmacy. W/o a scrip, and an animal in a terrible amount of pain, to get that scrip, I just don't think it would be possible. The horse at R&R had colic. They'd likely have given her Banamine, tubed her, and watched her closely. Colic can be deadly. I lost a great rackin' horse to sudden onset of colic.

10. Betty P

Yes, I've watched The Incredible Dr Pol and colic really is a problem for horses. Dr. Pol is the extent of my expertise on the topic. ;)

Julia966, Daisy47, Cool Cats and 4 others like this.
  11. rsd1200

O/T Dr. Pol!!! Every time I'm at my parent's house they've got him on, and he's shoulder deep!! LOL If anyone wanted to hide somethin' a mare is where you could do so!!

12. evelezrn

evelezrn Well-Known Member

Post of the Day.

Chelly, Amelia Stone, almond and 6 others like this.
  13. rsd1200

I just spit my pop out.

14. Sleuthinsleuther

Sleuthinsleuther Well-Known Member

Good drink some water

Cool Cats and superbee like this.
  15. rsd1200

I drink a case of water a week! Pop is my treat. :D

16. Sleuthinsleuther

One pop is enough to ruin your diet for the whole week. Please abstain!

Cool Cats likes this.
  17. rsd1200

I'm not on a diet. Life is fleeting, enjoy every sandwich, pop, and eclair!

18. Sleuthinsleuther

To each his own

19. Ann99

Ann99 Well-Known Member

Really good discussions!

Two items have bothered me since day one. I don’t think there is factual information pertaining to either of them.
    So any discussion would be opinion or supposition.
    1st The Dogs
    Vets and drugs. Has it ever been established as to how the Wagners controlled, silenced the various dogs at the various locations. Drugs?
    Even if the dogs felt they knew the Wagners, and initially had no vicious reaction to them, surely once the guns were fired, the dogs would have reacted.

2nd The Keys, entry and exit and doors locked, dogs outside at CRsr.

Maybe ONE of the actions covered in the earlier time frames is duplication of house keys at all locations.

How did Wagners get in and out and in the end, have doors locked?

Alisajo, superbee, The 13th and 6 others like this.
  20. Ann99

Ann99 Well-Known Member

superbee, Daisy47, Loomis124 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.