OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#43

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caylee Advocate

Caylee Advocate Well-Known Member

Perhaps you meant to reply to Loomis as they were having problems, but thanks anyway.

Loomis124 likes this.
  2. Cool Cats

Cool Cats ....."The Hunters Became The Hunted".....

I remember this. Thankx for posting this for me. Thankx for copying it, as I can't find it anymore but it had been discussed on here. So really appreciate it, I wanted to see it again! :D

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Loomis124 likes this.
  3. Loomis124

Loomis124 Well-Known Member

IMO, since there is alot of discussion going on about BW's alleged education level being 7th grade, is this fact or speculation? TY

Cool Cats likes this.
  4. IType

IType Active Member

The Columbus attorney said he will enter a not guilty plea for Billy Wagner when he faces a judge on December 4.

Collins said investigators have labeled his client the mastermind of the murder plot but said Wagner has a seventh-grade education and no serious criminal history.

here is link:
    Defense attorney pushes to move Rhoden family murder trial

ETA: Every time I paste in the URL for the link then post it, the actual web address disappears and the title of the article pops in blue in it's place. This link will take you to the article.

8paws, superbee, Daisy47 and 7 others like this.
  5. Puzzles8

Puzzles8 Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about the possible purposes of the Amazon account from 2014 to 2018.
    We have been assuming they were using the Amazon account(s) for purchasing.
    Might they have been selling items using Amazon?
    Didn't Billy and AW get caught selling stolen items at flea markets?
    JMO

Renee110, superbee, Cool Cats and 3 others like this.
  6. Cool Cats

This is from the article @IType just linked. Has interesting detailed information about the Wagner's past Charges but no mention of Flea Markets. However, it is very possible that they sold stolen items at Flea Markets. Also gives details about their BANKRUPTCY filing.
    Years before, in 2001, Wagner was the subject of a Pike County Sheriff's Office investigation after various power tools, dirt bikes and other items went missing from Eastern High School and from lumber, electric and hardwood stores.

Deputies obtained a search warrant for the mobile home where Billy Wagner lived, in the 800 block of Bethel Hill Road, about 20 miles from the school.

They found power tools and other items identified as stolen in a shed and a red horse trailer parked on the property, according to court records.

During the execution of the search warrant, Wagner claimed he'd simply purchased the tools from two individuals. He asked if he could pay "some fine," a deputy wrote.

Billy Wagner was told he had until the following day to turn over the stolen property. The next morning, he surrendered dozens of stolen items to the sheriff's office, according to records.
    In all, the sheriff's office recovered two dirt bikes and various power tools: saws, paint, drills and a generator.

Wagner was indicted in November 2001 on three felony counts of receiving stolen property, accused of accepting the items knowing they were stolen.

He pleaded down to two misdemeanor counts and was sentenced to 180 days in jail on each count. The dropped count stemmed from one of the dirt bikes.

He also received three years probation, which he was discharged from about two years early.

The same year he was indicted, Billy Wagner filed for bankruptcy. His wife is also named in the filing made in federal court in the Southern District of Ohio.

Their assets were listed at about $2,500, and their liabilities at about $10,000, including almost $2,500 owed to Sears for clothing, $500 in medical bills and $325 in unpaid utility bills.

Their only monthly income listed was $530 in Social Security payments and $389 in food stamps.

Years later, in 2009, Billy and Angela Wagner were charged with felony tampering with evidence, but those charges were later dismissed.

Less is known about the case, in which the pair was ordered to have no contact with Rocky Mountain Boot Company.

A criminal complaint alleged they altered, destroyed, concealed or removed evidence in an investigation.

Public records give few additional details, and Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk, who is handling the charges in the Rhoden massacre, said by email he couldn't recall the tampering case details.

Junk moved in 2009 to dismiss the charges against both Wagners "due to the case not being presented to grand jury awaiting results from BCI&I," according to the records.

"Could be any number of reasons for it not being presented," Junk wrote regarding the tampering case. "There may not have been a completed case from the investigating agency, or there wasn't enough evidence even to take it to grand jury, or a possible victim didn't want to pursue."

8paws, superbee, Outsidein and 9 others like this.
  7. iridized

iridized Well-Known Member

That is a possibility but I think they were probably just purchasing. I wonder if the Rhodens and Wagners were in a business relationship regarding stolen goods. Remember the trailer that Bobby Jo said was full of flea sale items? I wonder if the Wagners stole and the Rhodens sold for them when the Wagners no longer felt safe selling themselves.

I think of both families as two peas in a pod. Supposedly they were the best of friends until they weren't according to the article that quoted someone in a barber shop. Both families actively engaged in criminal activities, and the only difference I see between the families is that until the murders only the Rhodens engaged in violent activities that we have been made aware.

superbee, Knuckles, rsd1200 and 5 others like this.
  8. Loomis124

Thank you so much!!

Cool Cats likes this.
  9. Puzzles8

Puzzles8 Well-Known Member

I thought it had to do with stealing boots (maybe from AW's employer?) and selling them at a flea market. I surprised myself and was able to easily find a link to an earlier W/S post!
    OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#41
    post # 968.
    MOO

8paws, superbee, Amishcar and 2 others like this.
  10. Loomis124

Thank you for posting this in detail! I had read but forgotten so much! IMO, Junk is a joke...he very well remembers details of these cases NOW. Let's pray AC keeps him under her thumb!

8paws, superbee, Betty P and 4 others like this.
  11. Coloradans28

Coloradans28 New Member

Mercedes, Loomis124 and iridized like this.
  12. Coloradans28

Coloradans28 New Member

sorry for going off topic.

Cool Cats likes this.
  13. Johnny B Bad

Johnny B Bad Well-Known Member

Could that make Junk response able for civil suits

Cool Cats and Loomis124 like this.
  14. Cool Cats

8paws, superbee, FonescaFan and 2 others like this.
  15. Cool Cats

<modsnip: off topic>

Later in March a lot will be happening with the Case. Also the Motion Hearings are expected to get longer.
    Here's where all the Court information is:
    https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/eservices/home.page.2
    And FW's attorney asked in Court for a SPEEDY TRIAL so we don't have to wait years.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2019
    8paws, superbee, Daisy47 and 2 others like this.
  16. Loomis124

17. Loomis124

Amishcar likes this.
  18. Johnny B Bad

Does anyone know if the Wagners are housed with other inmates or are they in solitary confinement?

superbee, Daisy47, Cool Cats and 2 others like this.
  19. Amishcar

Amishcar Member

So far we don't know if they are in solitary confinement. Jake's Lawyers don't want him talking to anyone. No-snitching zone sought in Pike County massacre case

superbee, Daisy47, Loomis124 and 2 others like this.
  20. Johnny B Bad

Amishcar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.