OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so! They would be so much easier to follow it they are all in one place. Searching for live coverage of the pretrials has been frustrating.

Having commentary from legal experts would also be helpful, as they do on Court TV. Local news media tries to do a good job of interviewing local attorneys now and then, but not very often. A lot may depend on where the trials are located. Right now, Pike County is a good distance from any major cities, so it's a long drive for reporters covering it.

I hope so! They would be so much easier to follow it they are all in one place. Searching for live coverage of the pretrials has been frustrating.

I think the poster was referring to Reader's press conference about the vest and his budget. It's posted on the PSCO FB. Extremely worth watching!

I think it's a basic news story summing up the case. It's good to see national news media outlets are continuing to follow the story. Wouldn't it be great if Court TV follows the trials when they begin? Looks like the show is coming back in May.

COURT TV

I can't see Wags ever allowing this..no how no way. LOL

I think it's a basic news story summing up the case. It's good to see national news media outlets are continuing to follow the story. Wouldn't it be great if Court TV follows the trials when they begin? Looks like the show is coming back in May.

COURT TV

LOL, amen! And get the cameras so close in their faces so close we can count their nose hairs! Ewww!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.chillicothegazette.com/amp/735840002

"He explained one of the issues the board is concerned about is revenue from real estate taxes."
IMO: Maybe large land owners like FW and SM shoud pay their taxes.

Pike Sheriff implementing changes to help offset possible county budgetary issues

IMO: Reader was arresting convicts by the zillions...all who got a slap on the hand by the County Prosecutor and went home only to be back in jail again the next month for the same crimes. Who would venture to guess how many GJ indictments have never made it to trial under his tenure? Talk about costing taxpayers!

Court filing seeks fines against Pike Co. sheriff connected to Rhoden warehouse raid

IMO: summarized in two words: Jody Barr. What a joke. Where is he now? Probably unemployed.

Could they stop it? I hope not. It could bring in some tax revenue and business for any county where the trial is held. Give southern Ohio some publicity, and there's no such thing as bad publicity, right?

Oh, Betty, I am in total agreement with you. But I see so much corruption in Pike County government and I have prayed my heart out over these brutal crimes. Now I see the perps being treated like royalty, and I really do see the court's predicament with these scumbags, but I still have to wonder, where was Justice on April 22, 2016 when 8 human beings were gunned down in cold blood? To me, Justice can never be served fast enough and harsh enough. Please feel free to delete if I am out of line.

I believe someone mentioned that hidden restraints aren't usually allowed until a jury is seated...it may have been a reporter that asked Reader this.

The Wagners' reasons to wear regular clothes and not be wearing obvious restraints BEFORE their trials is because of all the photographers/press coverage. Potential jurors could see their press photos and get unduly influenced that they must be guilty.

The Chillicothe Gazette 3:52 p.m. EST Jan. 24, 2019

"His attorneys, as well as those of his family members, filed motions to allow him to appear in civilian clothing without restraints. The motion is not unusual, especially in death penalty cases, and is requested in an effort to reduce potential prejudice by the jury at trial and in PRE-TRIAL PUBLICITY."

Last edited:
Having commentary from legal experts would also be helpful, as they do on Court TV. Local news media tries to do a good job of interviewing local attorneys now and then, but not very often. A lot may depend on where the trials are located. Right now, Pike County is a good distance from any major cities, so it's a long drive for reporters covering it.

One of these days, those reporters will wish they were the ones who had made the drive....JMO

The Wagner's reasons to wear regular clothes and not be wearing obvious restraints BEFORE their trials is because of all the photographers/press coverage. Potential jurors could see their press photos and get unduly influenced that they must be guilty.

So aren't the Jurors also going to know they will be wearing hidden restraints?

FrescaandSouthernComfort, do you think these trials will be moved around to various counties? TY

So aren't the Jurors also going to know they will be wearing hidden restraints?

The potential jurors will be regular people like you and me and they will know as much as we do. Jurors who follow the case will know about the security vests that Sheriff Reader is trying to buy, those who never follow the case may assume there is some kind of restraint or not think much about it.

WOW, I hope the Jury doesn't care and only cares about the facts of the case, which is all that really matters when it comes right down to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member