OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#44

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sleuthinsleuther

Sleuthinsleuther Well-Known Member

Did I call anyone names or make any derogatory name variations? No I did not. MOO

Caylee Advocate likes this.
  2. Cool Cats

Cool Cats ....."The Hunters Became The Hunted".....

Yes 1:30 but they are often late. When they meet in chambers with the Judge they run late.

Yes! FW's very noticeable micro expression tells what she thinks about HR. Lips down turned, look of discust. But I think discust because Hanna wouldn't marry Jake and make it legal (which would also keep him from being charged with "sex with a minor") and she left him for another guy. Etc...

FW proves to me that the Wagner's were obsessed with controlling not just Sophie but also Hanna and even her family to some degree. You can't tell a Wagner no..... 2 Cents......

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    voice4victims and superbee like this.
  3. Sleuthinsleuther

AW has been inside for almost an hour now per twitter

4. MittenScarpetta

MittenScarpetta Well-Known Member

5. Cool Cats

Cool Cats ....."The Hunters Became The Hunted".....

I just posted a Twitter feed of Angela arriving to court through the back, but see that Mitten Scarpetta already just posted it!

*******Sorry for double post!*******

Angenette Levy on Twitter

6. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

IType is probably referring to a nickname I used a couple of times yesterday for FW. I'll be good. :p:D

Loomis124 and Cool Cats like this.
  7. Betty P

They have a couple of big motions to discuss. IIRC, her attorney has asked for a change of venue.

Here is all the latest activity, state responses to her previous motions

03/07/2019 STATE'S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT'S REQUEST FOR NOTICE OF STATE'S EVIDENCE PURSUANT TO OHIO 4.CRIM.P.12 (E) (2) FILED (MOTION 1)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR DISCLOSURE OF EXCULPATORY AND IMPEACHMENT EVIDENCE FILED (MOTION 2)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S RESPONSETO DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR DISCLOSURE OF JUVENILE RECORDS OF THE STATE'S WITNESSES FILED (MOTION 3)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL DISCLOSURE OF AGGRAVATING FACTORS AND INFORMATION RELATING TO MITIGATING FACTORS FILED (MOTION 4)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS TO TURN OVER AND ADVISE THE PROSECUTING ATTORNEY OF ALL INFORMATION ACQUIRED DURING THE COURSE OF INVESTIGATION (MOTION 5)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR AN ORDER DIRECTING THAT A COMPLETE COPY OF THE PROSECUTOR'S FILE BE MADE AND TURNED OVER TO THE COURT FOR REVIEW AND TO BE SEALED FOR APPELLATE REVIEW, IF NECESSARY. IN THE ALTERNATIVE, MOTION THAT DEFENSE COUNSEL'S FILE BE COPIED AND SEALED FOR APPELLATE REVEW FILED (MOTION 6)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PROPERLY PRESERVE AND CATALOG ALL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE FILED (MOTION 7)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO TRANSCRIBE THE GRAND JURY PROCEEDINGS PRIOR TO THE TRIAL FILED (MOTION 8)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR A PRE-TRIAL COPY OF THE TRANSCRIPT OF THE GRAND JURY PROCEEDINGS FILED (MOTION 9)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO DISCLOSE NAMES OF THE GRAND JURY WITNESSES FILED (MOTION 10)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO DISMISS CAPITAL COMPONENTS OF THIS CASE DUE TO CONSTITUTIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LAW VIOLATIONS FILED (MOTION 11)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR ALL MOTIONS TO BE HEARD ON THE RECORDS FILED (MOTION 12)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR RULINGS ON ALL MOTIONS NO LATER THAN THE START OF THE VOIR DIRE FILED (MOTION 13)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR A STENOGRAPHIC RECORD OF ALL COURT PROCEEDINGS IN THIS CASE FILED (MOTION 14)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRAL DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO RECORD ALL SIDEBAR PROCEEDINGS FILED (MOTION 15)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR DAILY TRANSCRIPTS FILED (MOTION 16)
    03/07/2019 STATES'S MEMORANDUM IN OPPOSITION TO DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO RESTRAIN CERTAIN PARTIES FROM DISCUSSING THE CASE WITH ACCUSED FILED (MOTION 17)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PERMIT THE ACCUSED TO APPEAR IN CIVILIAN CLOTHING AND WITHOUT RESTRAINTS AT ALL PROCEEDINGS FILED (MOTION 18)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO CHANGE VENUE FILED (MOTION 19)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO HAVE REASONS FOR DEFENSE OBJECTIONS AND REASONS FOR OVERRULING DEFENSE OBJECTIONS PLACED ON THE RECORD FILED (MOTION 20)
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PROHIBIT ANY REFERENCES TO THE FIRST PHASE OF THESE PROCEEDINGS AS THE "GUILT PHASE" (MOTION 21) FILED
    03/07/2019 STATE'S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR A COURTROOM DECORUM ORDER TO ENSURE A FAIR TRIAL (MOTION 22) FILED
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO SUBMIT A DETAILED JURY QUESTIONNAIRE (MOTION 23) FILED
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR SPECIAL PROCEDURES TO INSULATE THE VENIRE AND THE EMPANELED JURY (MOTION 24) FILED
    03/07/2019 STATE'S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR INDIVIDUAL SEQUESTERED VOIR DIRE ON DEATH PENALTY, PUBLICITY, AND OTHER ISSUES (MOTION 25) FILED
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR ALTERING INDIVIDUAL VOIR DIRE (MOTION 26) FILED
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR COMPREHENSIVE VOIR DIRE (MOTION 27) FILED
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO HAVE THE COURT FOLLOW ORC 2945.25(C) STANDARD FOR "DEATH-QUALIFICATION" OF VENIREPERSONS (MOTION 28) FILED
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO EXCLUDE VENIREPERSONS WHO CANNOT FAIRLY CONSIDER MITIGATING EVIDENCE AND/OR WHO WOULD AUTOMATICALLY VOTE FOR DEATH UPON A FINDING OF GUILT IN THE CULPABILITY PHASE (MOTION 29) FILED
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING OHIO R. EVID. 803(8): LIMITED ADMISSIBILITY OF LAW ENFORCEMENT RECORDS (MOTION 31) FILED
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING THE INADMISSIBILITY OF PRIOR TESTIMONY FROM A WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION (MOTION 32) FILED
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO EXCLUDE ANY EVIDENCE RELATING TO OTHER CRIMES, WRONGS OR ACTS (MOTION 33) FILED
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE PREJUDICIAL DISPLAY OF TANGIBLE THINGS AND/OR PHOTOGRAPHS DURING TRIAL (MOTION 34) FILED
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO EXCLUDE PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE DECEASED (MOTION 35) FILED
    03/07/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT VICTIM-IMPACT EVIDENCE DURING THE TRIAL AND, IF NECESSARY, THE MITIGATION PHASE (MOTION 36) FILED
    03/08/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PROHIBIT THE STATE'S USE OF PREEMPTORY CHALLENGES TO EXCLUDE VENIREPERSONS WITH CONCERNS ABOUT IMPOSING THE DEATH PENALTY (MOTION 30) FILED
    03/13/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO DETERMINE AND LIMIT PLAINTIFF'S SENTENCING PHASE EVIDENCE OUTSIDE TEH PRESENCE OF THE JURY (MOTION 37) FILED
    03/13/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR INSTRUCTION THAT THE DEFENDANT BEARS NO BURDEN OF PROOF AT THE MITIGATION PHASE (MOTION 39) FILED
    03/13/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM IN OPPOSITION TO DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE STATE FROM EMPLYING PREJUDICIAL ARGUMENTS AND THEMES (MOTION 38) FILED
    03/13/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING EVIDENCE AND ARGUMETNS RELATED TO ANY "MENTAL HEALTH" EVIDENCE PRESENTED IN MITIGATION (MOTION 40) FILED
    03/13/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO LIMIT SCOPE OF ANY REBUTTAL EVIDENCE OFFERED BY THE STATE IN THE MITIGATION PHASE (MOTION 41) FILED
    03/13/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PROHIBIT THE PROSECUTOR FROM ARGUING AND THE COURT FROM GIVING INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING STATUTORY MITIGATING FACTORS NOT RAISED BY THE DEFENSE (MOTION 42) FILED
    03/13/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING THE ADMISSIBILITY OF MITIGATING EVIDENCE THAT POST-DATES DEFENDANT'S ARREST (MOTION 43) FILED
    03/13/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO AVOID COERCIVE PRACTICES DURING MITIGATION PHASE DELIBERATIONS (MOTION 44) FILED
    03/13/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE STATE FROM COMMENTING ON DEFENDANT'S UNSWORN STATEMENT (MOTION 45) FILED
    03/13/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PROHIBIT REFERENCES TO THE JURY THAT A DEATH PENALTY VERDICT IS ONLY A RECOMMENDATION TO THE TRIAL JUDGE (MOTION 46) FILED
    03/13/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO ALLOW THE DEFENSE TO ARGUE LAST AT THE MITIGATION PHASE (MOTION 47) FILED
    03/13/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR WRITTEN JURY INSTRUCTIONS AND AN OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW THEM BEFORE THE JURY IS INTRUCTED (MOTION 48) FILED
    03/13/2019 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO INSTRUCT THE JURY TO CONSIDER MERCY IN ITS MITIGATION PHASE DELIBERATIONS, AND TO PROHIBIT THE PROSECUTOR FROM ARGUING THAT THE JURY SHOULD NOT CONSIDER MERCY (MOTION 49) FILED

superbee, rsd1200, Ann99 and 2 others like this.
  8. IType

IType Well-Known Member

No, I was referring to the comments about AW's weight. My understanding of the information I quoted from TOS (i.e.., Feel free to express your displeasure with individuals that are being discussed, just avoid petty nastiness,name calling, name changes and over the top rude posts directed at case players) [bolded me] is that disparaging comments should not be made about people involved in the case. Possibly my understanding is incorrect and the statement in TOS is directed toward comments made regarding those who post on WS.

I personally feel the comment about Angela's weight isn't appropriate to the integrity of the case. This is only my opinion.

9. Betty P

I agree. Being incarcerated, lack of exercise, under stress, etc. would cause most women to gain weight. No need to deride someone for that. You're correct in citing that rule.

MittenScarpetta likes this.
  10. ColMustard

ColMustard Well-Known Member

Have the courtroom up on the tv, the feed is 30 seconds ahead of the one on the computer.
    Surround sound doesn't seem to be helping.

11. Betty P

Pros. Junk just went into the back room. Probably wondering what's taking so long. AC just went back there, too. I'm guessing they've all been having closed door hearings for the last week or so.

superbee likes this.
  12. TheRevWells

TheRevWells Member

taken from an article I just read that was posted about 2 hours ago

"Wagner is also trying to prevent a witness she claims may be "unavailable" from testifying at her trial."

Also looks like they are trying to get the death penalty off the table as well according to the below article

Angela Wagner to return to court for the Rhoden family murders

8paws, superbee, sunshineray and 3 others like this.
  13. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

BBM
    Agree. Interview, bad idea.

Why not married? I've pondered that a lot. Her parents married very young. Dating and marrying are two very different things. It's easy to tie that knot but costly and more difficult to get out of it if it doesn't work out (Cost a tank of gas and $20 to get into my first one, and well...it didn't cost $20 bucks to get out of the thing.) I believe it was the one thing her parents wouldn't sign for, and she couldn't do on her own, til she was 18 (by then the relationship collapsed). Her parents married young, maybe they wanted her to hold off.

The hole. I don't see one. I've blown it up and just can't find one.

14. TheRevWells

TheRevWells Member

8paws, superbee, Seattle85 and 6 others like this.
  15. Betty P

Thanks! Not sure what that means.

superbee, sunshineray and TheRevWells like this.
  16. TheRevWells

TheRevWells Member

Neither do I. That part about the witness is a bit odd to me

superbee likes this.
  17. Sleuthinsleuther

She also wants their Juvy record exposed

18. TheRevWells

TheRevWells Member

this whole thing just keeps getting stranger and stranger. what in the heck are they doing behind closed doors so long - brokering a deal?

superbee, Loomis124 and Betty P like this.
  19. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

Late, as usual.

superbee, Loomis124 and Cool Cats like this.
  20. Betty P

Are they referring to these? Like the time she brandished a weapon towards some people after a road rage incident? From my case notes:

2001 BW and AW Road Rage Incident with a .40 Caliber Glock Gun allegedly found in AW purse after BW had been brandishing weapon towards teenager and father. BW pled no contest and served no jail time/suspended sentence. AW charges dropped. BW's attorney now represents AW's mother in this case.

2002 BW and AW both convicted of Receiving Stolen Property in Ross County. Evidence seized in the case included “various items belonging to Kohl’s, Ollie’s, Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Super K-Mart, Hobby Lobby, Sears, and Lowe’s.” Each were sentenced to 1 year community control and restitution to Sears and Lowes.

Father charged in Pike County murders had past brushes with law

ETA: Billy brandished the .40 cal Glock, but AW had it in her purse after LE pulled them over.

8paws, superbee, Amishcar and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.