OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. He was in solitary before and probably liked having a cell to himself, there is nowhere to get privacy so not having to share a room with bunk mates obviously appeals to him.

Yes, that request was not the court's jurisdiction:

".....Pike Co. Prosecutor Rob Junk said where Wagner is housed in the Ross County Jail is up to that jail - not the court. Judge Deering and Junk noted that construction is underway in a portion of the jail. Knight said he would send a letter to the jail asking that Wagner be moved to solitary confinement...."

So it's strange his attorney didn't know that, however, there might be a hidden reason that the attorney wants to get this request officially on the court transcripts. Another possibility is the attorney knew the Bible remark would get reported in the media and potential jurors could hear about it.

Guess I was wrong, the Wagner's might still have some tricks up their sleeves.
You could be right about the attorney's intent. It could help...or not. It depends on the motive and the rest of the story.

GW3's possible inspiration from WoW, discussed here previously, has lead some to believe GW3 could be a gamer like many young men of his age.

The most fanatic gamers are in solitary confinement in their rooms, even when they are free. They may as well continue, when they are not.

You could be right about the attorney's intent. It could help...or not. It depends on the motive and the rest of the story.

GW3's possible inspiration from WoW, discussed here previously, has lead some to believe GW3 could be a gamer like many young men of his age.

The most fanatic gamers are in solitary confinement in their rooms, even when they are free. They may as well continue, when they are not.

GW4 was a big gamer it's been mentioned on here. I guess there are no games in jail but in prison you get to have a TV in your room. (Clear plastic so you can't hide contraband in it.)

GW4 was a big gamer it's been mentioned on here. I guess there are no games in jail but in prison you get to have a TV in your room. (Clear plastic so you can't hide contraband in it.)
Ok. I wrote GW3, I meant GW4.

Not that I would expect him to play in jail. I am just thinking about his character.

Edit: simplified

Last edited:
I've never talked to anyone who wanted to be locked in their cell all day everyday. They even look forward to going to court to see the daylight.

Also not willing to ask for that personally. He had his attorney make that request even after he was asked if he had anything he wanted to say about how he was being treated, etc.. It is like he was told to not open his mouth in court and he is not happy about that from the "clenched jaw" look on his face. My opinion and observation only....

Interesting. He was in solitary before and probably liked having a cell to himself, there is nowhere to get privacy so not having to share a room with bunk mates obviously appeals to him.

Yes, that request was not the court's jurisdiction:

".....Pike Co. Prosecutor Rob Junk said where Wagner is housed in the Ross County Jail is up to that jail - not the court. Judge Deering and Junk noted that construction is underway in a portion of the jail. Knight said he would send a letter to the jail asking that Wagner be moved to solitary confinement...."

So it's strange his attorney didn't know that, however, there might be a hidden reason that the attorney wants to get this request officially on the court transcripts. Another possibility is the attorney knew the Bible remark would get reported in the media and potential jurors could hear about it.

Guess I was wrong, the Wagner's might still have some tricks up their sleeves.

Yes, part of the reason may be getting this out in the news media to project the "religious & pious" image. JMO, this is part of FW's PR image strategy. She's trying to make it part of the family's "brand" - the church, the bible reading, Sunday school, living next to the cross, etc. Oldest trick in the book. JMO

55451765_2265749516809735_3387563598254440448_n.jpg

54514122_2265750546809632_2029503314445467648_n.jpg

54518618_2265750860142934_2914768534544318464_n.jpg

55455320_2265751120142908_6495849048325488640_n.jpg

54433994_2265751433476210_2426898444862881792_n.jpg

Yes, part of the reason may be getting this out in the news media to project the "religious & pious" image. JMO, this is part of FW's PR image strategy. She's trying to make it part of the family's "brand" - the church, the bible reading, Sunday school, living next to the cross, etc. Oldest trick in the book. JMO

The problem with that is the fact that religious zealots have caused more wars and deaths, over history, than almost any other cause...

Wasn't the physical address she provided during court of where her home/animals are as being Oak Hill/Jackson.

Replying to myself to keep the info together.
The Jackson address is also where George IV registered as a voter 4/23/18.

Registered to Vote In: Jackson County, Ohio
Registration Date: 04/23/2018
Voter Status: Confirmation
Precinct: Precinct Jefferson Ii
Congressional District: 06
House District: 93
Senate District: 17
County District: 9721581

https://voterrecords.com/voter/81281879/george-wagner

Angela South Webster
Angela Wagner's Voter Registration
Registered to Vote In: Scioto County, Ohio
Registration Date: 05/21/2018
Voter Status: Active
Precinct: Precinct South Webster Village
Congressional District: 06
House District: 90
Senate District: 14
County District: 12758

https://voterrecords.com/voter/81467073/angela-wagner

I don't see that Jake or Billy changed theirs. However it has been said Billy was staying at Flying W farm. I wonder if both George and Jake were staying at Rita's property in Oak Hill. Weren't they arrested in a truck together just off 35 near Jackson?

Could Jakes truck that was searched after arrests had been still sitting at this location?

Adding: (I don't think the boys would have cared about electricity, but clearly the state had looked into this property previously to know this.)
Newcomb initially provided an Oak Hill address, but after the prosecution stated the Oak Hill address has no electricity and that they believed Newcomb did not reside full time at the address, she explained that she often stays in South Webster with her 86-year-old mother.
Wagner, Newcomb arraigned in Pike County Court of Common Pleas

Last edited:
STATE'S MOTION FOR A GAG ORDER ----FREDERICKA WAGNER

FILED MARCH 22nd...........

Fredericka Wagner Gag Order
Pretty amazing how much different the prosecution's story is compared to the defense's story that Fred is spinning....EDIT....And the prosecution is very unhappy that Fred made her Grand Jury Testimony public.

Last edited:

Pretty amazing how much different the prosecution's story is compared to the defense's story that Fred is spinning to the media. Wow! I was almost duped into thinking the prosecution has no real case against her....WRONG.........:mad:
Wow! Thanks for this gem! Amazing!
I think Owen is in real trouble.
Shouldn’t Owen have filed that motion under seal?

I’d like to know the back story as to how Owen got that interview into the news. Did he contact certain reporters?
Did some reporters decline?
What was said by Owen, durning the time the interview took place that didn’t make the video due to editing.
Owen is slippery but not smart.
Apparently still thinks the ‘good ole boy’ legal antics way of doing business in Southern Ohio will work for him. My opinion.
Lots here to generate discussion.
FW thinks she can outsmart the Prosecutors. The Wags may have outsmarted Junk in the past, but Angela C. is not going to fall for this behavior and attempt at manipulation.
Excellent motion for a gag order.

Pretty amazing how much different the prosecution's story is compared to the defense's story that Fred is spinning to the media. And the prosecution is very unhappy that Fred made her Grand Jury Testimony public.

I wonder how long it will be till a ruling comes down on this. She could talk a lot more till then... Can she be found to be in contempt of court over this interview?

Last edited:
I wonder how long it will be till a ruling comes down on this. She could talk a lot more till then...
Right. FW could be giving another interview this very minute to some news organization!
Next Wednesday’s hearing will be quite interesting.
Owen has a lot to explain. And no explanation will be sufficient. So does FW.
My opinions....
By filing that motion and not filing under seal (major error) and by attaching Grand Jury Testimony to the Motion (major error, GJ testimony is secret) Owen is looking at some real trouble. This is my opinion.
Speculating....Do I understand it correctly that FW, in secret GJ testimony, named names that she thought did the Rhoden Murders?
I think that is what was implied.
IF Owen has carelessly released GJ testimony with that info...( not clear if he did, the pages he released may not have had that info) he faces serious repercussions.

I wonder how long it will be till a ruling comes down on this. She could talk a lot more till then... Can she be found to be in contempt of court over this interview?

Good question, it seems a gag order for her wasn't in place so I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong