OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank your for that feedback! I had a feeling once the initial shock wore off and the pretrial hearings progressed, locals would begin to understand how this happened, how the investigation led to this conclusion. As it will happen when these trials go to juries, every person's opinion counts equally the same. So do the opinions of every person in the community surrounding these murders.
Does any of the fellow sletruthers remember if the Wagners where trying to get the names of the people on the grand jury by having their lawyers ask when they where first arrested, I thought I read it in one of the indictments, I’m not sure we have read so much.

If you go to the Media & Timelines thread, look for the document that refers to Fredericka Wagner and Supplemental Discovery. You'll find the partial transcript there. It was filed by Angela Canepa to show FW's actual responses in the GJ hearing. They're not what FW claims them to be.

Keep in mind, the State isn't accusing FW of lying about the age of the BPV's or when they were purchased. FW and her attorney are being dishonest when trying to claim that was the issue. It's a "straw man" argument.

The charges are less specific than that and we don't yet know. Some of us are speculating the perjury charges result from FW saying she purchased the BPVs, when someone else actually purchased them using her account.

But to discuss grand jury evidence in the news media in an attempt to make a straw man argument about the perjury charges is a violation of the gag order by FW's attorney.

As sworn under oath, FW is not supposed to reveal GJ testimony in a news interview and her attorney is violating his gag order by discussing it.
Keep in mind Fred stalled for a long time in producing those receipts for the BPVs. She lied about where they were purchased so investigators couldn't find the receipts themselves. When cornered on that she stalled for as long as she could before finally producing them. Something about those receipts made Fred very nervous.

I don't buy the story she forgot. That woman is sharp as a tack. To young kids Fred might be ancient but Fred is only a few years older than I am and there is no way I would forget a 1000.00 purchase.

I think the reason Fred stalled so long on giving AC those receipts is because it can be proved that Fred was somewhere else when they were bought online using her account.

JMO

The main reason the GJ is secret is so that if a person is found to be innocent, the charges against them are not public and detrimental to that person. If it is supposed to be secret, how anyone is allowed to speak publicly about testimony, I do not understand. I thought part of the charges against her was from discussing her GJ testimony with her family. So how can it be discussed in a news interview?
Very good point.

Keep in mind Fred stalled for a long time in producing those receipts for the BPVs. She lied about where they were purchased so investigators couldn't find the receipts themselves. When cornered on that she stalled for as long as she could before finally producing them. Something about those receipts made Fred very nervous.

I don't buy the story she forgot. That woman is sharp as a tack. To young kids Fred might be ancient but Fred is only a few years older than I am and there is no way I would forget a 1000.00 purchase.

I think the reason Fred stalled so long on giving AC those receipts is because it can be proved that Fred was somewhere else when they were bought online using her account.

JMO
Maybe the killers wasn’t finished yet and new the rest of the family where watching out with guns, they could have bought the 2X bulletproof vest for another plan. JMO

The gag order, is put into place, to protect criminal defendant's right to a fair trial. That way it keeps the trial out of the press and from being sensationalized to the point of not being able to seat an impartial jury. It is very rare that they do much to anyone, lawyers included, who breech a gag order, b/c gag orders straddle the line of the 1st and 6th amendment.
Thanks, but I do realize what a gag order is - I have followed other cases on WS that also had gag orders, one for example being the Heather Elvis case. Although, this case with the W's is the 1st time I have seen an attorney violate it to the point of revealing parts of grand jury testimony. JMO

I just remembered the erroneous information that Oxygen had in the 2nd part of the episode last night. It was about the Rhoden's security cams.

The show began to touch briefly on the fact the Rhodens had what they called very sophisticated security systems. They had a little staged video reentactment clip showing two black clad killers walking past a small security light affixed to an outbuilding.

They didn't say much specific about the security video at first, they kept skipping around to different subjects. They never mentioned the fact that nearly all the security system and cameras were stolen and possible parts were later found on

Instead they mentioned how the killers were able to get around this sophisticated security system. Then they said (I'm paraphrasing, but it's close)

"All the security video was reviewed and there was nothing on it. The killers were able to avoid the security cameras."

What? What?! As far as we know and from what we've seen from evidence inventories, there was no security video to review because all the cameras were stolen.

They dart in and out of this topic while talking about the Rhoden grow ops, etc. dropping little factoids and vague remarks.

Ok, I realize Owens is pretty masterful with half-truths, but the above statement, AFAIK, is false.

JMO

Did she stated to the GJ she had the receipts printed out but did not bring them? Then did not turn them over for years? I'm trying to get that part straight. Something unusual about all that...

I just remembered the erroneous information that Oxygen had in the 2nd part of the episode last night. It was about the Rhoden's security cams.

The show began to touch briefly on the fact the Rhodens had what they called very sophisticated security systems. They had a little staged video reentactment clip showing two black clad killers walking past a small security light affixed to an outbuilding.

They didn't say much specific about the security video at first, they kept skipping around to different subjects. They never mentioned the fact that nearly all the security system and cameras were stolen and possible parts were later found on

Instead they mentioned how the killers were able to get around this sophisticated security system. Then they said (I'm paraphrasing, but it's close)

"All the security video was reviewed and there was nothing on it. The killers were able to avoid the security cameras."

What? What?! As far as we know and from what we've seen from evidence inventories, there was no security video to review because all the cameras were stolen.

They dart in and out of this topic while talking about the Rhoden grow ops, etc. dropping little factoids and vague remarks.

Ok, I realize Owens is pretty masterful with half-truths, but the above statement, AFAIK, is false.
Possibly they were referring to neighbors security cameras or trail cams.

LM mentioned one in a birdhouse that wasn't taken. I was under the impression it had video but nothing good enough to be helpful. I could be wrong on the second part...

Did she stated to the GJ she had the receipts printed out but did not bring them? Then did not turn them over for years? I'm trying to get that part straight. Something unusual about all that...[UOTE]

IIRC, FW testified that she had printed out all the receipts but did not bring them. She didn't turn them in until this month.

I noticed in her testimony that she didn't want to say what she had purchased either. She made a statement that AC could just tell her what she bought.

I think that she testified to buying body armor for legs too. I can't copy and paste from my Laptop or I would post it.

jmo

LM mentioned one in a birdhouse that wasn't taken. I was under the impression it had video but nothing good enough to be helpful. I could be wrong on the second part...

The problem with that is no security video evidence shows up on any of the inventory lists so far. What the Oxygen show is now saying is that there was security video evidence and that it didn't show anything. When they repeat how "sophisticated" the Rhodens' security system was and mention how many video cameras were on the properties, then say nothing was on the video, that implies all the cameras, all the video, which is false. Half-truths that trick viewers who haven't followed the case much.

The show also makes no mention of any of the inculpating evidence: the evidence they've discussed so far that incriminates the Wagners.

Here is what DeWine said back in the day

Family: Rhoden property had video cameras

I'm not sure if she testified to the GJ about that, but she did mention it in a recent news media interview.

Possibly they were referring to neighbors security cameras or trail cams.

Suggest you watch it tonight, if you can. It specifically referred to security cams on the Rhoden properties. IIRC, it didn't say how many Rhoden properties, but it gave the impression all of them had security cams, which we know is inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998