OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#46

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info rsd. That's what I thought they were. So this question is for all. Do you think one car or multiple cars were used that night to drive down UHR and LFR right up to the residences? Or do you think they rode up a different road, dropped people off who then made their way through the woods to the homes? Anyone think ATV's involved? Horses? I'm just curious what everyone thinks on how they actually conveyed themselves to and from the scenes in the middle of the night/early morning?

Hapworth, Amishcar, Dudly and 2 others like this.
  2. GoBuckeyes

GoBuckeyes Well-Known Member

I stand corrected, Loomis. You are correct on the automatic firearm verbiage in the indictment. My intent was to provide some data specific to questions on caliber, etc. In hindsight, I should have left my commentary out on the automatic vs. semi-automatic nature of the guns. It's a miracle only one child was murdered that night!

Would you agree that the weapons were most likely automatic handguns? Is it your sense from the indictments that the handguns came as automatic direct from the manufacturer or that they were modified after purchase? Thank you for your insight.

Loomis124, Betty P and Dudly like this.
  3. GoBuckeyes

Someone a few pages back noted that in discovery a trail cam is listed from a property that was for sale, a property beside one if the victim's properties. The poster mentioned that it had a long and winding driveway. They wondered how well a trail cam could capture data at night through thick forest and underbrush.

Was that property for sale at the time of the murders? If so, perhaps the Ws might have chosen to congregate there on that property, thinking they'd be out of the range of any of the R's surveillance?

Renee110, Loomis124, Chardaba and 5 others like this.
  4. GoBuckeyes

Yes

Cool Cats, Betty P and Dudly like this.
  5. GoBuckeyes

Betty, I've a sneaking suspicion that we don't live too terribly far away from one another. Let me know if you're up for a road trip. I volunteer to go with you or a small group or to meet up down that way and go from there. I'm not too proud to admit that I'd be scared speechless to go alone. :(:confused::eek::eek:

6. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I believe it's the closest neighbor on one side of DR's home. Not the side where the barn is right there next to the driveway and road, it's going the other way on UHR. I also remember reading that it was occupied at the time of the murders, then put up for sale after some time had past. I believe that part was posted here on WS but not sure.

7. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

A realtor out of MI has it now. They bought it in Jan. 2017. There's one home between that property and DR's property.

8. GoBuckeyes

Now I see what happened, Dudly. My apologies. I didn't intend to quote you in my response to dizzychick.

Jayejayehilltop, Cool Cats and Dudly like this.
  9. Sleuthinsleuther

Sleuthinsleuther Well-Known Member

There must have been a camera out by the road. What are they growing that gets so tall? It would be like a maze in that cornfield at certain points of the year

10. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

I wonder if it was someone from the W family who called LE first thing that morning to tell them of the "huge" grow op and where to find it? I've always had a feeling that nearly all the "tips" provided from the first hours of the Manley's discovery of the bodies were "tips" called in by the Wagners - Jake, Billy, Angela, etc. Part of their plan was to push the murder investigation away from them as quickly as possible.

Trays of seedlings, money thrown on KR's body and arranging to have Bobby Jo and James Manley made quite the fuel for Wagner tips to LE and helped distract from the custody fight, the possibility of Jake being the last person to see HMR before the murder, etc. Getting on social media early helped them spread many of these rumors to the public. Remember how someone kept stirring up rumors about BJM's 911 call? The Wagners were looking to buy enough time to get rid of evidence, change hair color, clean up vehicles, wait for injuries to heal, spy on social media and any "bugging" devices they had left behind, etc. If they had planted bugging devices around any of the Rhoden properties, they would have heard LE discussing the murders and investigation, up until the time LE found the "bugs".

What if the W's brought in more trays of seedlings and planted them on the properties the night of the murders to make it look more like a cartel (or ISIS :rolleyes:) hit? They had plenty of space at the Peterson Rd farm to have their own grow op.

Just things to think about.

11. Betty P

Since there's mention in AW's discovery that evidence included video from a game cam on a neighbors property, it seems possible that they parked some distance away from DR & CR1's homes and walked between. The other possibility is that the game cam picked up a car driving by. I do recall Reader asking the public, specifically neighbors, if they knew or saw anything the night of the murders.

Here's interesting info from one of the later press conferences a few days after the murders:

BBM

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  12. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Well-Known Member

I feel the same on some tips and have also wondered if bugging devices were left behind. Finding devices could have been a reason for moving the homes. Maybe the W’s expected to slip in and remove the bugs expecting the homes not to be moved, but be released with the land.

• Offered information to the BCI on business associates of one of the victims.
    Lawyer: Mike DeWine is harassing family in Rhoden case that moved to Alaska

13. Cool Cats

Cool Cats "JUSTICE IS COMING "

Thanks for letting us know. They are launching only 2 months before Fred's trial, hope they can do it. Fred seems to like publicity. Here is a site that did the arraignment's, maybe they will do something on the trials, called Law and Crime:

Watch Live: Arraignment in Pike County Murder Case

Loomis124, Kyshoegal, Dudly and 2 others like this.
  14. Merrygirl

Merrygirl Well-Known Member

Maybe they should get Owens foe Aiding & abetting her perjury charges.

Loomis124, Dudly and Cool Cats like this.
  15. Betty P

That would be great! My ideal trip would be to go down there, drop off a gift basket to Sheriff Reader and hang out in the coffee shop talking to the locals. After that I'd like to visit Ms. Geneva Rhoden and take her, Tony and any others who want to go out for a nice lunch or dinner. Buy her a nice potted plant or something. Same for Len Manley and his family. I think if I wanted to drive down UHR, I would contact Len and Tony to see if its ok. Then I would drive down Camp Creek Road, etc.

ETA: I would also do the cemetery tour. Load up on some nice silk flower arrangements and visit all the graves.

Renee110, Alisajo, GoBuckeyes and 7 others like this.
  16. Cool Cats

Ha! GW4's attorney said the same thing during his bail hearing, that he didn't even have a traffic ticket----seems to be a common saying in court-----but like with Fred, a Websleuter researched and found tickets on him!....:eek:

17. Betty P

I wondered the same thing. If nothing, to preserve the evidence of what had been planted there.

18. Cool Cats

What photo?

Dudly likes this.
  19. Merrygirl

Merrygirl Well-Known Member

Dudly, Cool Cats and Loomis124 like this.
  20. Loomis124

Loomis124 Well-Known Member

No problem at all. I dont know anything about guns, but it seems like they like to modify them, build silencers, etc.

Thanks, Buckeyes! Always appreciate your posts!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.