OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#46

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

Sorry, GoBuckeyes, I'm tied up most of May. We have a lot going on here and I'll be out of town the latter part of the month. Sure hope some of us can get down there to visit sometime, if it's ok with family. I wouldn't want to bother them and I have a feeling once the trials get started and global news media comes to town, things may become very hectic for them.

rsd1200 and Dudly like this.
  2. dizzychick

dizzychick Well-Known Member

and she holds the bulk of the land I take it since the others sold theirs for Alaska? That may have been a move suggested by their lawyers if he felt they were in jeopardy of losing it to civil judgments

Cool Cats likes this.
  3. Cool Cats

Cool Cats COLUMBO "One more thing" MONK "A jungle out there"

There is no doubt in my mind that any assets the Wagner 4 had, have now been signed over to other people, maybe even put in a trust for the 2 children. And I am sure the Wagner 4 have been taken out of Fred's Will. All their assets will be gone if the family's get a civil judgement against them. Also I'm sure assets/property/ money have even been moved around and hidden.

Now if you are in jeopardy of being sued, there comes a point where you are not allowed to move or hide your assets. The Wagner's haven't even been found guilty so they probably still have a chance to hide, change, or transfer assets. Or even just liquidate everything.

If the Wagner's lost civil lawsuits, the plaintiffs could NOT then go after Fred's assets or go after the 2 children's trust accounts, etc...

4. NWLady

NWLady Well-Known Member

IMO, of note is that he did not ask "why" am I being arrested? Wouldn't most people, unless of course you had an idea why.

5. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Well-Known Member

Dudly likes this.
  6. buttonbaby

buttonbaby Well-Known Member

Oh my y'all... what a wonderful day and such beautiful thoughts of showing these families lots and lots of love! :) Wish I lived much closer...

7. Tiff23fr

CoolCats, I'm not sure why that posted as it did. So I deleted to reply in a new post. Here is what I was replying with:

I don't think the W4 actually have any assets. It seems they couldn't manage money very well and were in a financial spiral. They may have possibly faced losing Peterson Rd for all it appears. They had the mortgage and then an inability to pay for the renovation work which led to the mechanics lien.

They clearly didn't have the credit history or likely even jobs with income to allow them to get the home in Missouri, or anywhere else for that matter after they left OH. I think coming back was the last and only option. I think they hoped to get some money out of whatever S might inherit from the deaths of the Rhodens. JMO

As for FW, I now wonder if she really has anything other than her real estate and what animals remain. Grandma may have been tapped out as well. The hay days seemed to be long gone. I agree her assets that do remain have likely been 100% updated to be removed from the W4 to protect Robin and FW.

A picture of financial struggles-money, scorned love, and greed seems to be getting a bit clearer as underlying motives. Dana and HR were moving up and forward in the new home. The W's seemed to be falling backwards.

Opinion only

8. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

They could have pulled in that little road near DR's home. It appears to have little human life there. It's called Shanks Lane. Just guessing, but I'd bet that traffic on UHR, is slim after midnight, too, especially on a work night.

Another line of thought, DR had a long driveway. It would difficult to see a distinct make and model in her drive. At CR1's in the dark, it would probably blend in with the other vehicles there. KR sets way off the road. Just pull off the road and into his drive a little piece, walk in the rest of the way. The Rs had so many vehicles, that no one would take note of it, unless they saw it acting suspiciously. It seems someone did, too.

9. Spyderlady

Spyderlady Active Member

I think this is in ref. to a picture Puzzles8 saw at Cincinnatti.com. I'm curious to see it too, but I don't have a subscription and can't get into their website.

Cool Cats likes this.
  10. Cool Cats

Billy asks: "What's up?" and "Can I ask what's going on?" The cop replies: "Well your under arrest :eek: that's what's going on" and then reads him his Miranda rights....:oops:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    Berrybell, altojack and Dudly like this.
  11. Spyderlady

Spyderlady Active Member

P.S. I balk at paying websites for access!

bowler and Cool Cats like this.
  12. rsd1200

I saw an April 2018, ad, for a Gypsy foal, that read $4.5k on terms, or $4k cash, if you buy more than one you get a deeper discount. They had four foals, of that type, at that time. That's just the one, they probably had a few of the others, too. I think she's hurting and has been. It's been time, for a long time, to scale down the horse business, and sell off a chunk of that land. She's tied to it though.

13. Cool Cats

Delete all your browsing history and cookies and you will be able to keep getting into these sites. I do this all the time.

Outsidein and Dudly like this.
  14. Johnny B Bad

Johnny B Bad Well-Known Member

The Wagners family is real big on insurance, I wonder if they had life insurances on HR also when Hanna was killed I wonder if Jake signed SW up to draw her mother social security until she turned 18?
    That would mean Jake could have some federal charges if he spent SW checks and was to be convicted of any charges against him now JMO

Alisajo, Loomis124, Cool Cats and 3 others like this.
  15. rsd1200

Agree with most all of this. I'm going to have to go back and dig through some stuff, but I think, 2014 started an upswing for the Rs. The big barn at CR1's was not there in 2012. It was there by July 2015, FR has the hottest derby car in town. Some of the family even mention a dispute about the car after the murders. Not just FR, they were building HHG and CR2 cars as well. KR is still at the yellow house. 2014 KR is preparing to, or did, move onto LF.

Berrybell, Hapworth, almond and 2 others like this.
  16. Spyderlady

Spyderlady Active Member

Cool Cats likes this.
  17. Tiff23fr

In 2015 there was also a case filed by workers comp against either father Billy or son George as well. It wasn't paid and remains open.

A financial spiral under things fits so much more in line with a possible motive. It removes a Hollywood version of suitcases of cash being sent around by Grandma Freddy and gets to real issues that have pushed many over the deep end in history. And.. you can only have so many electrical fires.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  18. bowler

bowler Well-Known Member

Bet on this too. Wonder when GWIV and JW had their SS#'s and clean credit history begin to be used???
    And how much of this will be used at trial and how far back........will it be a stretch for any this to start coming out at AW/RN trials???

19. Tiff23fr

Hmmm you think Angela may have started getting credit in the boys names and SS#'s years back?
    I'm thinking she may have been experienced at this given the SS# of Jakes wife is referenced in discovery.

20. rsd1200

Without day to day jobs, and weekly checks, I don't see how they've been making it this long. I just feel there was a chain of events that lead the families to come to this point, but b/c of S, JW was able to keep a foot in the door. He couldn't do anything to disrupt that.

Betty P, Berrybell, Dudly and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.