OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#47

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Well-Known Member

I was looking for something else but found another thing that changed in 2014. Could be nothing, but it's the same year of the mortgage and the new business entities being set up.

"Flying W service mark (which is the Winged W that is embossed on the gates and on their trucks and other equipment) was registered with the Ohio Secretary of State in April 1984. It was not renewed and canceled in 2014. According to the registration for the mark, it was first used in 1961."

Dudly, Ozarka, Fletcher73 and 7 others like this.
  2. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

And moving the bodies of two grown men is not as easy as it looks on t.v. either. It's not the same as moving a living human. They had to be pouring sweat in those close quarters. Then they had to go through and get the equipment.

Dudly, Puzzles8, sunshineray and 3 others like this.
  3. Sleuthinsleuther

Sleuthinsleuther Well-Known Member

There was BCI agent who followed them and spent a year in Alaska watching them

4. Loomis124

Loomis124 Well-Known Member

Tiff, I just found this today while googling one of the names that started the FWF. You may find it interesting. IDK.

FLYING V ENTERPRISES, LLC ... FLYING WHEELS - Ohio business directory.

Cool Cats likes this.
  5. Loomis124

Yep, just one more lie on behalf of the Ws. JMO I sincerely believe they have distorted the Truth all their lives. I wonder who or what made them so evil. JMO

ChickaDee221, Renee110, Dudly and 3 others like this.
  6. Loomis124

Who says they left none of that? Just wondering if you have a link to a source or if this is your opinion. TY

7. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

Agree, there's mention of DNA evidence in the discovery documents. Also mention of boots and shoes, implying those kinds of prints were left at the scene.

8. Cool Cats

Cool Cats ....."The Hunters Became The Hunted".....

SNOW...... Snow melts and "things" show up. There was a murder that occurred just a few years ago (true story) where the killer ditched the murder weapon (rifle) in the snow. Then the murderer couldn't find the rifle!

When the SNOW MELTED a person saw the rifle near their driveway and called LE. The forensic ballistics that was done, identified it as the murder weapon. (The bullet in the victim was forensically identified as coming from that specific rifle.) The murderer is now in prison..... This is from Snapped, a true show about women who murder. Women who usually have no criminal history, but then for various reasons, commit murder.....:eek:.....:(

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Dudly, Puzzles8, almond and 2 others like this.
  9. Cool Cats

Cool Cats ....."The Hunters Became The Hunted".....

Leonard Manley says he didn't often visit the Rhoden properties......

Authorities have said they found marijuana grow sites at three of the four homicide locations, as well as evidence of cock fighting. Manley maintains he does not know anything about any marijuana growing, saying Monday he did not often visit Rhoden’s properties.
    “I didn’t have no reason to go down there,” he said.

********But he was involved with Chris Sr on a pretty regular basis********

Manley said he would help Chris Rhoden Sr. repair cars he bought at auctions. Often, he said, the cars wouldn’t need a lot of work and were not difficult to fix and resell for a tidy profit.

Other times, Rhoden would rely on area body shops. “He took them all over creation to get them fixed,” Manley said.

Just this year, Manley drove cars to Columbus, Jackson and Cincinnati to be inspected and to get the necessary paperwork so they could be resold.

He said he was paid $50 for each trip.

Why the Rhoden Family Had So Many Cars - National Oil & Lube News

Dudly, Puzzles8, almond and 5 others like this.
  10. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

Thanks CC! That's them, and just found the last one;

LM; "I didn't know anything about it [drugs]. We were a loving family.'
    Fighting back tears, he said: 'My daughter would give you the shirt off her back. Everybody loved her. She didn't deserve this.
    'She loved her kids. She would have died for them. She worked everyday.
    'The rest of the family [her children] all seemed to be good…but I don't know about the rest of them [the other victims]."

Grandfather of Ohio massacre victims claims police are ignoring 'road rage' attack | Daily Mail Online

DR did have an "It's Complicated" relationship status. Maybe LM and CR1's relationship ebbed and flowed, with CR1's and DR's., and he might just not have known GR and KR as well.

Dudly, almond, Berrybell and 3 others like this.
  11. Jayejayehilltop

Jayejayehilltop Well-Known Member

I live here in pike co. And I agree with you wholeheartedly. When we moved here we thought we were moving away from all of the violence of the city, but I am not sure what we have moved into the middle of. LE accused of various cover ups etc, murders and dead bodies, missing people constantly.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Renee110, Dudly, Puzzles8 and 6 others like this.
  12. Tiff23fr

I don't feel it is necessarily a lie. For some reason after all those years, in 2014, they just didn't renew the trademark for marketing or advertising purposes. Like several have said, it just seems something was changing in 2014.

https://bizimage.sos.state.oh.us/api/image/pdf/201412200194

Dudly, bowler, Puzzles8 and 6 others like this.
  13. FrescaandSouthernComfort

FrescaandSouthernComfort Well-Known Member

A rude awakening was occurring: Bob1 was realizing that he was not immortal...

Dudly, bowler, Puzzles8 and 6 others like this.
  14. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

This puts me in mind of an article I read about a mountain town in Tennessee in the 90s. It had a fairly high murder rate. I remember someone was quoted as saying something like “But there’s always a good reason for murders here.” What they meant was that, at that time, you were unlikely to experience random violent (like murder during a robbery) because 90% of the murders happened due to very specific circumstances like family grudges. In other words, outsiders were safe to visit (it was a county that has very popular hiking trails). I was still creeped out when we went hiking there, though.

ChickaDee221, Dudly, altojack and 5 others like this.
  15. Elley Mae

Elley Mae The enemy is here. beware

She saw a “bunch of blood in the front room,’’ and what looked like drag marks in blood from there to a back bedroom.

“I yelled Rhoden! Rhoden! Rhoden!’’ she recalled, and ran to Chris Rhoden's bedroom.

That's where she saw Gary Rhoden, 38, lying on his back. Dead. Just up from his body, she saw a bloodied Chris Rhoden, also on his back. He was dead, as well.

Pike County: 'I was not leaving those babies in there'

She pounded on the door, calling for Frankie or for Brentley to open the door for “Aunt Jo.’

The toddler unlocked the door and let her in.

“I said: ‘Where is your daddy? Where is your daddy?'’’ she said. “He pointed to the bedroom.”

That’s when she discovered her nephew and his fiancee dead in bed. She said Frankie Rhoden, who was lying on his back, had a black left eye, but she couldn’t tell where they had been shot: "There was just all that blood in the middle of the bed."

She said she did not see any guns or shell casings in that trailer, either, but did see a window in that bedroom was wide open, she said.

16. Jayejayehilltop

Jayejayehilltop Well-Known Member

Well I would say you are right about the outsiders being mostly safe, we really don't know anyone, not even neighbors, as next neighbor is say a couple miles away through the woods. I feel like an outsider and that is probably a good thing!

17. Fletcher73

Fletcher73 Active Member

Ah, thank you, Cool Cats, for the link. I agree. Positive he provided a clue LE could use, or they wouldn't have included the interview in AW's Discovery.

18. Betty P

Very sad, but I don't see any way this is connected to the Rhoden Murders 3 years ago. The case against the Wagner's is airtight, JMO

Dudly, Cool Cats and Tiff23fr like this.
  19. Betty P

We've reviewed murder rates in the past for Pike County. I'm not where I can easily link them, but they're available through basic internet search. We found in the years leading up to the Rhoden Murders, the murder rate per 100,000 population was pretty low. Many years saw no murders, others just a few. If data from the past 2 years shows a big increase, its worth a look. If not, it doesn't seem fair or helpful to make it seem Pike County has a lot of murders.

Dudly, sholmes33 and Cool Cats like this.
  20. Tiff23fr

Betty- I'm a bit lost. I was talking about the Flying W Trademark in this post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.