OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#47

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioBlues

OhioBlues Well-Known Member

This is from the Cincinnati Enquirer article 6/2017 and Clark is their attorney:

Clark said the family has "cooperated 110 percent" and have specifically:

• Provided laptops, phones and DNA willingly to authorities.
    • Agreed to repeated interviews with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation agents in the last year.
    • Told authorities they were traveling - and then moving - to Alaska, a place they have contemplated relocating for a decade.
    • Offered information to the BCI on business associates of one of the victims.

Dudly, rsd1200, Kyshoegal and 2 others like this.
  2. Puzzles8

Puzzles8 Well-Known Member

Who is Lucy?
    TIA

Berrybell, Dudly, Merrygirl and 6 others like this.
  3. almond

almond Well-Known Member

I seem to have missed something...Who is Lucy, please? Thanks!

Dudly, GoBuckeyes, Merrygirl and 3 others like this.
  4. OhioBlues

OhioBlues Well-Known Member

Murphy Parlier

Customers have written letters to FW and Lucy in above link. They don't mention Robin tho.

I am asking if this Lucy has been in the courtroom. Is she part of the family or works on the farm or? :confused:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Dudly, Puzzles8, rsd1200 and 5 others like this.
  5. GoBuckeyes

GoBuckeyes Well-Known Member

Do you have a link? TIA

Dudly, Cool Cats and almond like this.
  6. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

I'm going to reserve judgment on that for now. I'm not sure I can trust what their attorney alleged. JMO.

If true, I doubt that testing happened until later in the investigation, possibly just prior to that article and nearly a year after the murders. If true, the DNA test would have revealed a match to one member of the family, resulting in the "laser focus". By itself, it wasn't enough to build a case against all the killers. The "laser focus" in the summer of 2017 was the beginning of LE's effort to begin building that case, gathering evidence, tracking the family. They (accurately) assumed arresting one member of the Wagner family wouldn't result in that family member dropping the dime on the others. JMO

Berrybell, Dudly and Cool Cats like this.
  7. Betty P

IDK and we shouldn't sleuth or discuss her here, since she's not been named as a POI.

Berrybell, Dudly and Owl4 like this.
  8. Betty P

Please see my comment above. TIA.

Dudly likes this.
  9. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Well-Known Member

Fair- I requested it be removed

Dudly and Betty P like this.
  10. ChickaDee221

ChickaDee221 Well-Known Member

Update : The body found in the bag was Shane.

Redirect Notice

We had discussed this a few pages ago and I wanted to post an update for you guys.

Puzzles8, Amishcar, rsd1200 and 2 others like this.
  11. Betty P

Very sad, I hope they find his killer. Was he related in any way to the victims or suspects in the Rhoden murders?

We should create a separate thread for him, as we did for Violet Rhoden Taylor. You can start one if you want.

Dudly, Puzzles8 and ChickaDee221 like this.
  12. ChickaDee221

Darn, I am trying to figure out how to quote two statements.
    Betty P, if it doesn't work, Myland posted on page 1 of this thread about it.

Betty P likes this.
  13. Ann99

Ann99 Well-Known Member

ChickaDee,
    I’m not sure if we can discuss SW here, as it may be against TOS. He may not be involved. It would be supposition backed up only by rumor.
    It would take massive explanations and deep Pike County, Southern Ohio history, relationships, and there are no printable links.
    Sure seems like LE had this man’s fingerprints handy for identification.

Consider this:

DeWine was speaking about motive
    The motive being child custody
    There must be some importance to this statement by DeWine - Here is DeWine’ s statement:

"Part of the relationship that was going on with some of the individuals involved ... there was an undercurrent of drugs,"
    DeWine says, adding
    "there's no evidence, of all the speculation, that this was drug related in the sense of the motive."

My opinion, “an undercurrent of drugs” means there must be a network of people, even if on the periphery, who may have some knowledge of Rhoden & Wagner “business ventures”, and possibly participated in the business ventures on some level. Whatever those “business ventures” were. We don’t know for sure.

Hasn’t FW made reference to “some other man” - the guy who was/is going to shoot her and shoot Billy too.
    Isn’t that why she said she bought the vests and body armor
    It’s not been said what line of business this man (who FW has named to LE) is in or why he would shoot Billy or FW or any Wagner.

Finally there is apparently a mysterious person, a GJ witness, “who may not be available to testify” that certain Attorneys were very concerned about.
    My curiosity makes me wonder if this “missing man” now found dead inside a black bag, may have been that witness.
    Maybe. Maybe not.
    The above is all theory, speculation. But anyone who knows Pike County history will also wonder about this.

If anyone can say something more, within TOS, please do

Otherwise. We have to wait.

14. ChickaDee221

Thanks so much for the info.
    Im still learning what is and isn't acceptable to post! Sorry about that!

Dudly, Puzzles8, Cool Cats and 2 others like this.
  15. Ann99

Ann99 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn’t word that well. I wasn’t correcting you.
    I’d like to discuss this area.
    I honestly don’t know if we can skirt around names and history to be able to discuss. So much rumor.
    Maybe someone can clarify.

Also I would like to discuss the various aspects of DeWine statement. How does it relate to the case.
    Also who could FW be so afraid of. Who is going to shoot her and Billy
    I don’t have any links.

Dudly, Puzzles8, Cool Cats and 3 others like this.
  16. Betty P

My impression of the AG and LE's approach to the Rhoden murders and undercurrent of drugs issue is that they want to focus right now on the Rhoden murders and convicting the Wagners. They've said there are no other suspects in the murders and there will be no more arrests. Seems they want to steer clear of any other illegal activities during this prosecution and deal with any other criminal activity separately. That seems the best approach.

If someone out there is a potential witness for the case and is now missing/deceased, LE and prosecution will deal with that and probably won't say anything about it until they're ready. We'll just have to be patient and see what they say or do. For now, we need to support them in moving forward with the trials. JMO. I'll say they really need to consider witness protection if this murder is linked in some way.

ETA: This is also why the prosecutor is right to be so protective of information about witnesses, GJ members, etc.

17. Ann99

Ann99 Well-Known Member

Betty, I see your point.

Dudly, Cool Cats, Loomis124 and 2 others like this.
  18. Betty P

I just sent a note to the Mods to ask their guidance on this. We should create another thread here for Shane and discuss his murder. That is ok. We went through something similar with Violet Rhoden last year. There's a lot of unfinished business crime-wise around Pike County, OH. They're sure busy these days.

ETA: Someone started a thread for Shane

OH - Human remains found in Pike County

Let's ask mods to move it to Crimes in the News

19. ColMustard

ColMustard Well-Known Member

This other W family is/was into horses too. 2nd one to turn up dead isn't it? One in prison still as far as I know, said to be friend of CR Sr. And one property searched by LE (2017?) with a concrete barn floor jack-hammered up.

20. FrescaandSouthernComfort

FrescaandSouthernComfort Well-Known Member

Lest not forgot the Value City trailer and the connection...

Dudly, Puzzles8, Skibunny and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.