OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#48

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merrygirl

Merrygirl Well-Known Member

A shot at that close of range and recoil of the body could also do that. I have seen a few come through ER with multiple fractures of head/neck after suicide attempts via under the chin shots. Sometimes the trajectory causes the shell to bounce on bones. Sorry, didn’t mean to seem so graphic but no other way to say it.

Fletcher73, Hapworth, Dudly and 6 others like this.
  2. FrescaandSouthernComfort

FrescaandSouthernComfort Well-Known Member

The prosecution ( State of Ohio) can not offer a plea to the complaint filed against
    the defendant. The defendant must answer the charges filed against him/her when
    they first appeared at their arraignment.

The defendant can ask to have the plea changed to guilty. If this should happen,
    there is no trial. The defendant will then be sentenced.

As there are so many counts against the defendants, this is not likely to happen

Momof4RN, GoBuckeyes and Loomis124 like this.
  3. Merrygirl

Ha ha! Gardening comes before her sons & grandkids. SMH.

Momof4RN, Dudly, GoBuckeyes and 2 others like this.
  4. MittenScarpetta

MittenScarpetta Well-Known Member

I didn’t mean the state could change GW4’s plea of not guilty. I meant any plea bargaining would be determined and offered by the state. In the instance of a plea bargain, the defendant changes their plea in exchange for a pre arranged agreement set in place by the state. There is no trial and the defendant changes their plea to guilty and is sentenced according to the plea agreement. It does happen. It happened on the Chris Watts case. I don’t believe it could happen in this case. JMO

Puzzles8, rsd1200, Momof4RN and 5 others like this.
  5. MittenScarpetta

It’s all very hard to comprehend. In all fairness, a lot of people paint a portrait on social media that they want the world to see. And it’s not always necessarily accurate. It’s extremely hard to accurately judge someone by Facebook posts. Facebook is self promotion at its best. And if a person is planning and executing a mass murder, I tend to think that person would be extra careful with their social media and more likely to make themselves look as wholesome as can be to onlookers. I can think of a few cases where the accused’s social media never alluded to the fact that the person behind the screen was capable of murder. JMHO. I’m not saying that’s the case with AW. I guess I’m just saying social media profiles are biased toward the account holder typically.

Tiff23fr, Momof4RN, Dudly and 9 others like this.
  6. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

So “the very best at the lowest” sticks out at me

Hapworth, Puzzles8 and Cool Cats like this.
  7. Johnny B Bad

Johnny B Bad Well-Known Member

The Wagners 4 planned the Rhodens murders out for months, don’t think for a minute that AW didn’t pull the trigger on some of the Rhodens family, she was in the military and was trained to kill JMO

8. FrescaandSouthernComfort

FrescaandSouthernComfort Well-Known Member

Remember James Rick Curry case. Death penalty cases can end at several different
    points during the progress. A decision of a judge, the jury, the accused and even the
    prosecutor can stop the progress of reaching an outcome of case.

Momof4RN and Loomis124 like this.
  9. MittenScarpetta

Yeah I didn’t say she’s not guilty or didn’t pull a trigger. I said a judgment of innocent based on a person’s social media is a biased view.

I know what I feel about their guilt. Comparing that to the indictments, I do believe all four pulled triggers. But if I was on the jury, I’d need much more than what has been disclosed this far. JMHO

Johnny B Bad, Dudly, Puzzles8 and 3 others like this.
  10. MittenScarpetta

Yes I recall that case. The victim’s family couldn’t bear a long drawn out trial and asked the prosecution for a plea deal, close to trial time right?

11. Merrygirl

I’m not positive and IANAL but pretty sure they can’t ask for a change of venue until they attempt to seat a jury. If unable then they can ask for a change.

12. MittenScarpetta

Also, any time a bullet penetrates the skull, a fracture occurs. I too have seen people with multiple fractures from gunshots wounds. There’s no physical altercation required to break bone when a bullet is fired into certain areas of the human body. And sometimes, bullets entering the body end up in other body regions one wouldn’t expect.

Fletcher73, Puzzles8, rsd1200 and 4 others like this.
  13. RAISINISBACK

RAISINISBACK Well-Known Member

CC I understand where you are coming from. But what she puts out in public is not the whole story of her. All of us only put out what we want the public to see. No one wants to portray their flaws on SM. She could be and probably is all of what she says she is. But that is her public persona. No one has just one side to them. No person is that simple to just have one side. It takes many sides to make up that complicated persona that is called human. For all we know she is a hot tempered, emotional or physical abuser in private.

But I would like you to think about one thing. No one, not family, not friends, not acquaintances has come forward to say "there is no way Angie would have did that." Nor has anyone who might have personal knowledge of her said "but Angie was such a kind, gentle, motherly woman, she wouldn't ever have hurt anyone."

Going along with your 50% perception of her, one reason I am convinced she was right there firing along with the men is none of the children or animals were harmed.

Take that 50% out of your reasoning and and view her as a human being with good and bad to her. All of us has flaws in our personalities. For all we know she could have been a vengeful, spiteful, cruel person behind the closed doors of her own home.

Also keep in mind that statement from one of her ex family members that there was "Bad blood" between her and Hannah after Hannah left Jake. That bad blood statement doesn't sound too motherly or grandmotherly to me.

JMO

14. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

Remember, though, a defendant doesn't have to pull the trigger in order to be found guilty of aggravated murder. All they have to do is to purposely, with prior calculation and design, be involved in activities that caused the death of another person

Lawriter - ORC - 2903.01 Aggravated murder.
    2903.01 Aggravated murder.

(A) No person shall purposely, and with prior calculation and design, cause the death of another

Lots of good information at this link regarding Ohio law regarding murder, circumstantial vs direct evidence, etc.

https://scholarlycommons.law.case.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1201&context=faculty_publications

JMO/IANAL

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  15. RAISINISBACK

RAISINISBACK Well-Known Member

Giving them the very best by using the "five fingered discount"?

16. Betty P

Agree with the earlier comment that her public and social media presence are similar to Chris Watts.

MittenScarpetta, Dudly and Skibunny like this.
  17. OhioBlues

OhioBlues Well-Known Member

They also have womens shoes in the discovery.

Hapworth, Berrybell, Tiff23fr and 8 others like this.
  18. Betty P

And the conspiracy charge

Lawriter - ORC

19. Cool Cats

Cool Cats COLUMBO "One more thing" MONK "A jungle out there"

20. Cool Cats

Cool Cats COLUMBO "One more thing" MONK "A jungle out there"

I was thinking the exact same thing. That no one has said anything at all about her. No one saying they could never believe she did this because she's so kind and such a good friend etc....

All radio silence except for Fred saying: "Jake didn't have anything to do with it. " Why didn't Fred mention the others? Because she knows the murders center around Jake and Hanna and custody.

And the "bad blood" comment doesn't play well next to Angie's comment to the Cincinnati Enquirer that "Hanna was like a daughter to me. " Remember, "all the lies they told us."

I can't wait to see what lies they are caught in when their interviews are played in court for all the Jury to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.