OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

1. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

I just recently watched a Netflix movie called the The Eichmann Show. In it the director filming the 1961 trial of Adolf Eichmann is obsessed at one point with keeping the camera on his face wanting to see him break down. The producer says to him something like, you're looking for the humanity that's just not there.

I think you will drive yourself crazy if you try and look for the humanity in any of the W four. IMO, none to be found. All those questions you pose, there's nothing there, no answers worth a damn. AJMO

2. Johnny B Bad

Johnny B Bad Well-Known Member

WAVERLY, Ohio — Investigators interviewed Edward "Jake" Wagner just three weeks after eight members of the Rhoden family were found dead in rural Pike County, new court documents show.

The list of discovery provided to defense attorneys for Jake's dad, George "Billy" Wagner III, provides new insight into how investigators worked the case and closed in on the suspects who now stand charged with eight counts of aggravated murder and other crimes in the Pike County massacre.

Angela Wagner, who is Jake's mom and married to Billy, and George Wagner IV, who is Jake's brother, are also charged with the crimes. The discovery list shows that investigators interviewed Billy in September 2016 and Angela in October 2016. It was that month that Sheriff Charles Reader told WCPO that he believed the killers were locals, and not members of an international drug cartel as some had speculated. Then, investigators spoke to Jake again in April of 2017, and followed that up the next month with a series of interviews with all four of the suspects.

Those interviews in May of 2017 came before and after investigators searched multiple properties in Pike and Adams counties, digging through trailers owned by the Wagners and scanning land they owned with metal detectors. Those interviews were also done the month before authorities announced they were looking for information about the Wagners, who had then moved to Alaska.

MORE: Jake Wagner asks to appear in court without restraints

In addition to recordings of 13 interviews, prosecutors have turned over hundreds of photos and a 3D scan from each scene, as well as diagrams showing ballistic, biological and other evidence; more than 100 aerial photos; autopsy reports and X-rays of all eight victims; photos of a child of one of the victims taken at the hospital the day of the killings; photos from a property searched by investigators, including a photo of a burnt VCR and items found in a well; cell tower records; a "Boondock Saints" video clip; custody messages; Facebook screenshots; photos from other searches performed by investigators; a photo of George Wagner's tattoo; a gun list; a Walmart receipt and more.

Altogether, that's more than 5,000 pages of evidence so far, plus the videos, audio files and 3D scans. Mark Collins, Billy Wagner's defense attorney, previously said it was 30 GB of digital material, and just the "first chunk" of what they're expecting from prosecutors.

The longest list of provided discovery was filed alongside 41 motions from Billy Wagner's defense, asking for items like names of grand jury witnesses, for capital components of the case to be dismissed and for Billy to be able to appear at hearings in civilian clothes and without physical restrains.

Shorter discovery lists were also filed for George Wagner IV and Jake Wagner, who appeared in court for a pretrial hearing Thursday.

All four suspects charged with the Rhodens' deaths are being held without bond

3. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

I have heard soldiers that were in WWII and Vietnam say that groups of women with sticks, rocks, and pitch forks would attack armed military personnel. A friend that was in 'Nam driving supply trucks said you absolutely did not stop for a local woman in the road. So yes, women are capable of killing people without a second thought when compelled to do so...

4. Loomis124

Loomis124 Well-Known Member

I totally agree!

Cool Cats and Berrybell like this.
  5. StrangeOne

StrangeOne Well-Known Member

If we take this one step further what would compel AW? If we look at how the W's live...living together as a unit long after grown men should have their own homes...moving as a unit all the way to Alaska and back...killing as a unit. It's still my humble opinion the W's have a twisted view of what family is. When one of the family members was threatened they all moved together. I think AW was as invested 110%. It's funny but if there is a weak link I think it's JW. There is something about him that screams mommy's boy.

Fletcher73, Scakes, Dudly and 7 others like this.
  6. Johnny B Bad

The Wagners brother has never lived without each other or Mom, Dad and Grandma, I would say that George 4th cry’s himself to sleep every night is why he wants moved back to solitary, JMO

Fletcher73, Cool Cats and Berrybell like this.
  7. Johnny B Bad

8. Berrybell

Berrybell Active Member

I do think it was Angela that shot Dana, whoever put that gun under her chin looked her in the eye and pulled the trigger. That is pure hate, anger and revenge.

9. Johnny B Bad

I hope Anna Canepa wipes the smile from AWs face, JMO

10. Berrybell

Berrybell Active Member

I think Angela thought elimination of Hanna and her family to secure custody of Sophia for Jake was being the nurturer of the family. She went to all lengths and cost to make sure her sons got what they wanted.

Fletcher73, Cool Cats and bowler like this.
  11. Johnny B Bad

JMO it was BW or JW, the so call fight a couple weeks prior on Union Hill Road, Dana could have had a curse match with one of the Wagners.

Cool Cats and Berrybell like this.
  12. Johnny B Bad

Let us all hope the Wagner boys are getting what they deserved now, everyday JMO

Cool Cats, Berrybell and bowler like this.
  13. FrescaandSouthernComfort

FrescaandSouthernComfort Well-Known Member

As she smiled, again JMO and such hatred.

14. FrescaandSouthernComfort

FrescaandSouthernComfort Well-Known Member

CC, I believe you are mistaken about the former wife of GW3 being part of the
    Wagner investigation. She deserves privacy, yes; however there was an investigation
    by the courts and LE and made public.

Cool Cats, Loomis124 and Berrybell like this.
  15. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

BBM
    Lots of women carry around this region. Maybe not all of them, and maybe not all the time, but we carry. Between my spouse and I, I am the one who carries most often, and yes, even when he's with me. The fact that she either couldn't, or didn't, diffuse the situation, speaks more to me than her having a firearm in her purse, when they were pulled over. We don't know what conversation went on between them in the cab of the truck. Did he reach over and get it, did he demand it, does she always do as he says, or did she offer it (ftr, I'd not hand my spouse a firearm during a road rage incident. I'd not be afraid to tell him, "NO", if he asked for it, either.).

Fletcher73, Dudly, Puzzles8 and 3 others like this.
  16. Cool Cats

Cool Cats "JUSTICE IS COMING "

OT

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  17. MittenScarpetta

MittenScarpetta Well-Known Member

18. MittenScarpetta

AW very well could have been the one to do that. At the same time, I need to see and hear the autopsy and forensic examinations to know if that shot under the chin was a contact wound. Or if it was a close range shot. I don’t believe that has been released Rhoden family massacre: Autopsy reports indicate one victim was awake when fatally shot IMO, Dana could have been shot at close range, while laying in bed on her back. JMHO.

Dudly, Berrybell and Cool Cats like this.
  19. MittenScarpetta

Any thoughts on why child endangerment charges were not added to the indictments? I know and understand that in the big picture, those charges may seem trite in comparison to the murders. However, Jake and George are both fathers to small children. Even incarcerated, they both are still unfortunately the legal fathers of their children. Why not file those charges as well in order to further secure that neither Wagner son will ever see their young children again?

Two infants and a toddler were endangered by the murderers inside two of the crime scenes. The 6 month old left between Frankie and Hannah Hazel, was semi mobile; developmentally he was both rolling and scooting. He could have easily found his way out of that bed that morning and been seriously injured.he also could’ve easily suffocated. Hannah May’s newborn, not even a full five days old when her mother was murdered beside her, could have easily smothered or became dehydrated during the time lapse between the murders and the discoveries of the victims. And what if the victims had not have been found early that morning? What if more time elapsed before the victims were discovered and the babies were left alone even longer? In addition, three year old are curious. B was left in a home with his murdered father and father’s fiancée. The potential risk of B getting into something, wandering off, or getting hurt was significant.

Finally, between Frankie, Hannah Hazel, and Hanna May, at least ten rounds were fired off in close proximity to infants. Even with silencers being used, those shots still wouldn’t have been quiet inside small bedrooms. The risk for hearing loss for the infants was a potential danger. And the worst, if a bullet had hit either baby, there would have been more victims and/or more injuries. Just some thoughts but I cannot understand why felonious child endangerment charges are not being sought in addition to the other 22 (23 for Jake) charges. All JMHO.

20. Cool Cats

Cool Cats "JUSTICE IS COMING "

Maybe those charges will be added on to whoever gets a guilty verdict. I have always wondered about this too. Anyone found guilty of the murders is guilty of child endangerment and more.

Most on here think Angela was there but if she was why didn't she move the babies into something safe like their crib or playpen or bassinet where they would at least be safe from suffocation. They moved Chris and/or Gary but why not take a baby out of bed and move it to a safer spot?