I’m missing something, this indictment doesn’t say anything about bulletproof vest, it talks about the Wagners 4 benefit from the commission from the crime, the state has something else besides bulletproof vest, JMO
Is Fredericka having trial tomorrow?It's getting late, but tomorrow I may take a look at the full wording of the Ohio Revised Code Sections quoted in Count 1. Sometimes the indictments quote the complete ORC sections, whether or not they apply.
If you want to check it yourself, just do a google search of "Ohio Revised Code Section 2921. etc as quoted in the charge. It will usually bring up the code in Lawriter or a similar web site.
The pastor said he believed what they told him about it (we have no idea what they told him since he didn't elaborate but we can surmise they told him they were innocent). He said they attended church there ... JMO
The pastor of the church in Kenai did not talk about the W4 attending church there; the fact that they attended Church in Kenai was said by the pastor whose church they had formerly attended in Minford, Ohio (not the Mt Etna Rd church). Family Wanted In Ohio Killings May Be On The Kenai
The former Ohio pastor [who now leads a congregation in Seward, AK] said publicly that they did not attend his church in Seward, in response to a social media question (I won't link it, so, just my observation).
The Seward pastor's son, the Kenai pastor, was childhood friends with GW4 and JW, iirc. JMO I think he did make a vague comment that "these were people who cry over a dog," JMO
Pictured, people in laser focus of multiple murder hunt | Daily Mail Online "Caleb Cinereski, the pastor at the Wagner family church, claims the family is innocent and should be left alone. The family attended the Immannuel Baptist Church, about a 20 minute drive from their home."
...but you're right, Raisinisback, the pastors didn't make any claims about AW's character, or vouch for her to say she couldn't have done this. JMO
Couple of things it could be:
- They're referring to the 911 call that DS made for KR and just mislabeled it
- Was BJM's first 911 call dropped or did she hang up and call again as she was running around to the mailbox and to Frankies?
ETA: It will be interesting to hear the full 911 calls without editing. There have been other cases where outside experts listening to 911 audio are able to pick up additional info about what was happening at the crime scene. May or may not be relevant in this particular case. None of the people who made these calls are suspects, but are only victims/surviving family members.
- JM made a call after stepping out of DR's house - possible, but I think he had already heard the sirens when he was in the house. It was reported that just as he stepped out, he saw LE approaching and flagged a car down in DR's driveway.
- LM or his wife or someone else made a second 911 call because they thought LE were taking too long. LE did respond quickly, but this is a typical reaction for most people in an emergency situation - minutes seem like hours.
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - The defense in the Pike County massacre case has asked to see a slew of evidence.
Jake Wagner, the man whose custody dispute may be at the center of the murders of the eight Rhoden family members in Pike County, appeared in court Thursday. He is the youngest of the four Wagners charged with the killings. He fathered a child with one of the victims.
The judge ordered Thursday that Wagner have no contact with the three other accused killers and the two grandmothers accused of covering it all up.
RELATED | Wagner son who fathered daughter with slain-Rhoden teen in court for Pike Co. murders
Among paperwork filed this past week were requests from the defense including a more detailed list of evidence in the case, such as silencers on guns the Wagner’s are accused of buying and using to commit multiple murders.
A seven-page evidence list uncovered Thursday gets a little more specific. For example, the defense is asking to see:
The list goes on.
- Hundreds of crime scene photos taken by investigators from all of the murder scenes
- Ballistic evidence
- Autopsies and X-ray photos for all eight Rhoden family victims
- Video and audio interviews taken with the Wagners
- Nearly 300 seized voicemails
- Cell tower records from Billy Wagner’s cellphone
- Nearly 600 photos from the search and seizure at the Flying W Farm
- One photo of George “Billy” Wagner’s tattoo
- A “Boondock Saints” video clip
- Records and photos from the evidence trailer searchers
- More than 500 photos from the Rhoden house searches
- Including 1 photo of a burnt VCR
Also submitted in court Thursday: a bill of particulars and six more motions filed, outlining exactly what Jake Wagner is accused of, and what the defense team wants to see.
Is anyone getting volume?Fredericka Wagner returns to court for pretrial hearing
Here's a link for local news coverage of FW's final pre-trial hearing today. As usual, it may be a while before there is any courtroom activity as most of the hearing is held in camera (in judge's chambers).
ETA: Ok, camera is on. One of FW's defense attorneys is at the table.
ETA2: FW is now at the defense table, giving her attorney a lot of instructions, writing on a legal pad, etc. She's wearing dark sunglasses again.
Is anyone getting volume?