OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

2. Loomis124

Loomis124 Well-Known Member

The Chillicothe Gazette's article states the reasons for the dismissal, but it wont let me post the direct link.

Chillicothe Gazette | ChillicotheGazette.com

"The dismissal was so prosecution can analyze further NEW AND FAVORABLE evidence without running out of speedy trial time. They can refile and plan to - there's a six-year statute of limitations Angie Canepa said."

JMO...The only thing FW really gained freedom today is the ankle bracelets and house arrest. IMO, she is guilty and justice will be served. Just not today.

And to the victims' families, I hope you hold your heads high and do not feel defeated. I will still be praying for you, and even harder.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    Momof4RN, sunshineray, Niner and 12 others like this.
  3. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

Charges dropped against Wagner matriarch in Rhoden slayings

4. bowler

bowler Well-Known Member

Hope this becomes a case of giving more rope to hang thy self with...

5. Betty P

Great! Thank you, Loomis! Relieved to hear AC plans to refile the charges.

I need to subscribe to the Chilli Gazette for a while, at least until these trials are over.

ETA: Interesting that the new and favorable information the prosecution found came from the defense, when they had to produce their own discovery.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  6. Betty P

I wonder if seeing FW's charges dropped will spur some people to come forward with more evidence. JMO, the Wagners are not well-liked in Pike County, outside of people they employ or "do business" with. We've certainly not seen anyone (other than employees or former employees) come to their defense in the news media.

The locals are probably wondering if FW and others get off, they also might end up having problems from the W's. From what we've seen from FW so far, she will exact some revenge against anyone who has crossed her, whether financially or otherwise.

angelainwi, LovelyB, Puzzles8 and 7 others like this.
  7. OhioBlues

OhioBlues Well-Known Member

FW will now be able to visit BW. The jail will monitor the conversations.

8. Loomis124

Came from the defense? Really? Wow, can you say more? I missed that! TIA

Puzzles8, bowler and Berrybell like this.
  9. Chelly

Chelly Remember Teghan Skiba

Puzzles8 and almond like this.
  10. OhioBlues

OhioBlues Well-Known Member

FW was just talking on Channel 9 in Cincinnati. Laughing in her car and she said that she has had to prove her innocence twice.

11. Chelly

Chelly Remember Teghan Skiba

@Dudly , Let me see if I can understand. On part of prosecution.....is this simply stategy and more productive use of time?

Fletcher73 likes this.
  12. Betty P

It's missing from the article now. Let's see if we can find that info in another article. It was just one sentence, pretty much the way I wrote it.

ETA: Here, it's in this article

Pike County: Charges against Fredericka Wagner dismissed, 'Trust in the Lord,' she said

BBM

sunshineray, Niner, FrankieT and 3 others like this.
  13. Betty P

How so? She's only been tried once. All the gloating and celebrating isn't going to endear her to the general public, JMO

14. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

It gives Prosecution more time and the possibility of bring up even more charges from new evidence. FW is NOT off the hook in this case...

15. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

But, she did not prove her innocence in any manor at all...Much less twice...

16. Loomis124

Betty P likes this.
  17. almond

almond Well-Known Member

The new information presumably provided by the defense! My wheels are spinning on this....what the heck is it. Is she a bit senile and just thought she bought the vests? Did the defense, during their own investigation find evidence that someone else purchased them using her account? Are they letting her go today because they now have something bigger an better? Ugh! Help. :eek:

18. Puzzles8

Puzzles8 Well-Known Member

ETA -

BCI Agent Schneider (sp?) was subpoenaed by FW on May 20th. The prosecution may not have wanted him on the stand just yet. Especially as a witness for the defense.

https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/eservices/home.page.2

Just to add, maybe they have dismissed FW's charges (for now), so that her charges and her fate may be used later as a bargaining chip if someone rolls. Also, much more information is bound to come at the W4 trials.

This is like a reality version of chess...

:):):):) * :):) * ;)

19. Berrybell

Berrybell Active Member

Special Prosecutor Angie Canepa disagreed with Owen's view on the dismissal which was done so investigators can further analyze "new and favorable" evidence without expending speedy trial time which would run out on Aug. 3. Unlike other family members charged in relation to the Rhoden murder case, Wagner had not waived speedy trial time and had been set to go to trial on July 29.

Thank you Betty P for sharing the link. I think FW thought she had made a great strategy move by not waving a speedy trail and it may have been her undoing. The prosecution now has 6 years to re-file charges after the other 5 trails and hopefully guilty verdicts. The only way this will work in her favor is if she dies before she is re-prosecuted. I do have concerns with her being able t visit all members of her family and free to travel about the community with a potential jury pool.

Fletcher73, Dudly, Loomis124 and 5 others like this.
  20. Betty P