OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Cool Cats

Cool Cats "JUSTICE IS COMING "

We can't discuss anyone in the discovery docs unless they are mentioned in MSM or become part of court record by taking the witness stand.

A lot of them just happened to get their phones searched and are probably shocked to see themselves even listed in discovery. Like the journalist who had written many articles on the Rhodens and was surprised to get a letter (written June 9th 2017) saying her wire, oral and electronic communication had been intercepted.

Because, they were intercepting all of the Wagner's electronic/wire/oral communications. She interviewed them when they were in Alaska as well as in Ohio.

[​IMG]

Chris Graves@chrisgraves
    This letter greeted me a couple days ago from the great state of Ohio. Even tho cops and the AG himself weren’t calling the folks I was talking to suspects, they were intercepting their calls - including with me in the pursuit of journalism. Where do we live again? #pikecounty

Digital managing editor
    @MPRnews
    . Thrives on deadlines & kick-ass stories. Editor, writer, sharer of 2018 Pulitzer. Chasing Pike Co. OH mass killing. Views mine
    Saint Paul, Minnesota Joined December 2007

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Bootsctr, Loomis124, Dudly and 4 others like this.
  2. Seattle85

Seattle85 Well-Known Member

She cannot be discussed here.

3. Sleuthinsleuther

Sleuthinsleuther Well-Known Member

Can she be discussed without using her name

Cool Cats likes this.
  4. Johnny B Bad

Johnny B Bad Well-Known Member

5. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

Hi Nanasteele! Welcome to Websleuths! Hope you like it here. :)

Unfortunately, we can't look into or discuss the woman you refer to here in the forum. See the WS Rules. Hope you stick around though and discuss this case.

Skibunny and Cool Cats like this.
  6. Betty P

I'd suggest you ask the Mods.

Cool Cats likes this.
  7. Sleuthinsleuther

Sleuthinsleuther Well-Known Member

I don’t want to discuss her but I thought we could discuss if we refrained from using names

8. Betty P

I understand, but you'll have to ask the Mods in this situation. It's complicated. She was not involved with the family at the time of the crimes and hasn't been named as a POI. Just click on a report button and send them a message to see what they think.

9. Nanasteele

Nanasteele New Member

Thank you, I have been watching the case since day 1. I so want justice for those 4 babies.

10. Betty P

Agree! Justice for all the Rhodens and Hannah Gilley. No one deserves to be brutally murdered in their bed over a custody dispute, or for any reason.

11. CrimewatcherGrandma

CrimewatcherGrandma Active Member

I am looking for the discovery documents and thought I would find links at the beginning of this thread but they weren't there. I see that you mentioned re-reading them. Would you happen to have the links to them?

Cool Cats likes this.
  12. Betty P

Check the front page of this thread for a link to "Media & Timelines" thread. You'll find many of them posted there, along with links to some that were posted in online files. Hope that helps!

Cool Cats, Bootsctr and Dudly like this.
  13. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

Did you find them, okay? They are toward the end of the Media & Timeline Pages.

Bootsctr, Cool Cats and Betty P like this.
  14. IType

IType Well-Known Member

media and timeline page 13, post 249 has the picture in the bathroom of the bullet proof vests and the blue phone lineman's tool

Fletcher73, Cool Cats and Betty P like this.
  15. Loomis124

Loomis124 Well-Known Member

In this little lull period, I went back and was rereading some Timeline and Media Events. Thank you, Betty!!

Some things stood out to me from various articles:

1. The red truck. JM was arrested because the Feds require an arrest "when a witness destroys such a device used in a government investigation." Look back on page 1 of this thread regarding James Manley arrest. Note: I do not think he was involved in the murders. I remember discussion of a person on AWs discovery phone list, having owned this truck. JMO !!

2. Rhodens shot in head at point-blank range

This article was dated in Sept 2018, I had forgotten it was only about 2 months away from the arrests in November.

This article says 7 of the 8 victims were shot with guns touching or very close to their heads.

Question: Did the silencer also touch their heads? This really shows my ignorance about the subject, which is why I have to ask. Ok, so lost my place in the Timeline....

Next, and best thing to be unveiled...Oct 30, 2018, BINGO. Silencer parts found and sent to BCI.

IMO, the autopsies finally opened a door they had not seen.

IMO, all except KR, did suffer real execution style shootings, on their knees, shot in the back of their heads, IMO only, while they were still alive.

All Just my opinion only, and very, very respectively in search of Justice for each of the victims.

16. Betty P

Well, the unredacted, preliminary autopsy reports that were released to the news media in 2018 were a revelation to the public and news media. But LE had access to those reports a few hours after the murders.

Agree, something at the crime scenes tipped them off to the killers having silencers on their guns. They probably knew that from the beginning. IDK why they needed that silencer part as the "final piece of the puzzle" as DeWine called it.

Given the voluminous amount of evidence prosecutors have been turning over to the defense attorneys in discovery, JMO, they already had enough to arrest the W's and win. Not sure why DeWine felt they had to wait until they found a silencer part, but they did.

About the Rhodens being shot execution style while kneeling, etc. I'm not sure? Reports have always been that most were shot in their sleep. BJM said FR and HG were in bed with the baby between them. News reports said HMR's baby was sleeping with her.

Rhoden Family Massacre: Custody Battle Led to Murder of Entire Ohio Family, Cops Say

2 years since Pike County slayings, surviving child lives with fear. 'He's trapped by it'

17. Loomis124

TY, Betty.

Just sharing my thoughts only, as all do.

Caylee Advocate and Betty P like this.
  18. Betty P

Yeah, I know. I considered that scenario once, too. This case has been difficult to follow with so little information made public.:mad:

Ozarka, Skibunny, Dudly and 2 others like this.
  19. Loomis124

Yes, it has, especially by a total outsider like me.

Betty P and rescuemom like this.
  20. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

This news report from WLWT5 Cincinnati, provides information on the location(s) where each victim was shot, and the number of times.

Niner, Fletcher73, LovelyB and 6 others like this.