OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting post! Yes the hotel could have
been bugged. They had previously obtained search warrants for Peterson Rd. and Flying W Farm and the property where trailers were stored and where Jake worked fixing cars occasionally. No doubt they could get more search warrants.

If you find the article on the FARO scan of a Wagner family vehicle please post.
I agree, voice recordings and having to transfer evidence to 4 defendants definitely adds up. And yes, I imagine any cell phone still-photos/videos can be enhanced, along with any photo from any device, including the video from neighbors and businesses and the UHR Church even turned over a video.

Here's mention in the evidence of Jake's truck but it doesn't say FARO scan, also listed is a
WVSP Forensic Laboratory Report (3 pp)

Abbreviation is WVSP
West Virginia State Police (WVSP) Digital Forensics Unit Turns 10.
West Virginia State Police:

The West Virginia State Police Digital Forensics Unit officially opened its doors on March 29, 2002 with a one room laboratory on the campus of West Virginia University (WVU).

Click on image (Jake evidence)

6-d8498600a4.jpg

No, it's not this one. It's another discovery summary that mentions a 3-D scan. I think it was a Ford Explorer. We had some discussion about it, a few weeks ago. I'll look.

Yes, those are amazing! It will really help in the courtroom. It's going to be complicated with so many crime scenes and victims, but these kind of tools will make it easier for the state to explain to jurors what happened in each place, possibly even the vehicle(s) used, who sat in which seat, who transferred a victims (or their own) blood on a car seat or armrest, etc. I'm just theorizing here, but I do recall them doing a FARO scan of one of the W family automobiles.

It's also another reason why the digital evidence files are so large for each defendant. Because they all likely moved together that night, the same files, enhanced surveillance video, FARO scans, etc. for all 8 murders have to be transferred to each of the 4 defendants.

Also, don't forget the audio evidence - voicemail messages, cell phone calls, other kinds of recordings. I wonder if any audio files were enhanced, any background noise or conversations? Remember when we were wondering if the W4 stayed in that hotel in Scioto county before leaving for AK? Wonder if LE bugged the room or used some other kind of remote recording devices to pick up conversations?

ETA: WRT the enhanced video, it appears LE experts could enhance and view quite a lot from trail cams, etc., not just security cams, say at CR1's and KR's or at Walmart.

Wonder if there was cell phone video? Wonder if any of the killers decided to take video or photos of their own? Shudder. I hope not, but this case has been full of all kinds of strange stuff.

All JMO, MOO
Mike DeWine said that when all the evidence comes out that it will show how freaky this case is, I believe the same way you do they probably did video the killings, remember they where assessed with the Boondocks Saints, even had their hair dyed black and Jake sent photos out on his FB of pistols like the Saints had after Hanna posted photos of her and CG in a relationship, I als believe that the LE got ahead of every time the Wagners moved and bugged each place even the house in Alaska, JMO

No, it's not this one. It's another discovery summary that mentions a 3-D scan. I think it was a Ford Explorer. We had some discussion about it, a few weeks ago. I'll look.

Ok thankx!

This one Angela listed September 16, 2016?

https://i.imgur.com/Ford/Excursion

https://i.imgur.com/evidence? :confused:

No link, just my opinion that it came from the guy who bought it. Again, just opinion only, but we do know their vehicles were searched.

Last edited:
To all you sleuthed, I went back this week and read all the discovery and spent a few days of going over radio podcasts, Mike DeWine is absolutely right of how wired this murder cases is, Hanna broke off their engagement about a year before she was killed, she started dating CG and it drove the Wagners crazy, IMO there where some really bad arguments with HR and JW also mommy had to put her 2cents in and that made things worse, but when HR posted her relationship with CG that’s when the Wagners started buying stuff for the murders and more stocking occurred, from what has been said a fight broke out on Union Hill about 2 weeks before the murders, JMO These Murders Was A Fatal Attraction and baby boy Jake couldn’t get his way so he killed them, <modsnip >, JMO I really think they are serial killers, and I pray that FW money doesn’t help get those thugs out of jail, again JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
7][8][14][15]Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine stated that the killings were planned, premeditated, and "a sophisticated operation", citing the efforts taken by the shooter or shooters to cover up their tracks and remove any incriminating evidence,

I wonder what the killers removed!

I thought cameras were removed and dvr? If they were connected via a DVR, they didn't need to remove the cameras. They don't record. Deer cameras can record and weren't some removed also? Or was that speculation/rumor? It's been a while.

I thought cameras were removed and dvr? If they were connected via a DVR, they didn't need to remove the cameras. They don't record. Deer cameras can record and weren't some removed also? Or was that speculation/rumor? It's been a while.

Yes cameras and also phones were removed:
Security cameras set up inside home of Ohio massacre victim could have helped identify killers | Daily Mail Online
PUBLISHED: April 28, 2016

"...Cameras set up at the home of one of the Ohio massacre victims were removed by the killers, it was claimed on Thursday. According to Donald Stone:
'Those cameras were not there. They had been taken down by the killer.'

Kenneth Rhoden, who was shot once in the head as he lay in bed, was paranoid about security and had bought a pit bull terrier and installed a whole network of CCTV cameras around his home.

But the killer carefully dismantled several cameras that would have been capable of recording images of all visitors and helped detectives..."

LM also said in another interview that Chris Sr. had alot of security cameras and he could see who was coming up his driveway. They destroyed Kenneth's cameras so they would destroy Chris's as well.

Also, see Jake's Bill of Particulars below, Count 15, Tampering with Evidence. Click on both images for the complete Count 15.

Count 15 shows that the Rhoden phones and cameras were altered/destroyed/concealed/removed.
23-4d7087ecb6.jpg

24-37cdeeea2c.jpg

Last edited:
Yes cameras and also phones were removed:
Security cameras set up inside home of Ohio massacre victim could have helped identify killers | Daily Mail Online
PUBLISHED: April 28, 2016

"...Cameras set up at the home of one of the Ohio massacre victims were removed by the killers, it was claimed on Thursday. According to Donald Stone:
'Those cameras were not there. They had been taken down by the killer.'

Kenneth Rhoden, who was shot once in the head as he lay in bed, was paranoid about security and had bought a pit bull terrier and installed a whole network of CCTV cameras around his home.

But the killer carefully dismantled several cameras that would have been capable of recording images of all visitors and helped detectives..."

LM also said in another interview that Chris Sr. had alot of security cameras and he could see who was coming up his driveway. They destroyed Kenneth's cameras so they would destroy Chris's as well.

Also, see Jake's Bill of Particulars below, Count 15, Tampering with Evidence. Click on both images for the complete Count 15.

Count 15 shows that the Rhoden phones and cameras were altered/destroyed/concealed/removed.
23-4d7087ecb6.jpg

I agree Cool Cat but it said (and/or unidentified stuff) just wondering what they took, after all the murders.

Johnny B Bad
I agree Cool Cat but it said (and/or unidentified stuff) just wondering what they took, after all the murders. [/QUOTE]

I think it's clear to them that phones and any surveillance cameras were removed but because they can't know everything that's been removed they use the "catch all" phrase "unidentified."

Of course I'm sure they do know of some other things that were tampered with and/or stolen but we don't know because we haven't seen it listed in the indictment or in the evidence so far.

I wonder too what all they took, I'm guessing money for one. I wonder if the dollar bills they threw on Kenny were from robbing Chris? It would be too risky to used their own money or maybe it was Kenny's money?

? ? ? ? ?
I don't know why this post posted 3 X's. I only posted it ONCE! It was glitching when I tried to post it.

Last edited:
I agree Cool Cat but it said (and/or unidentified stuff) just wondering what they took, after all the murders. [/QUOTE]

I think it's clear to them that phones and any surveillance cameras were removed but because they can't know everything that's been removed they use the "catch all" phrase "unidentified."

Of course I'm sure they do know of some other things that were tampered with and/or stolen but we don't know because we haven't seen it listed in the indictment or in the evidence so far.

I wonder too what all they took, I'm guessing money for one. I wonder if the dollar bills they threw on Kenny were from robbing Chris? It would be too risky to used their own money or maybe it was Kenny's money?

Last edited:

I agree Cool Cat but it said (and/or unidentified stuff) just wondering what they took, after all the murders.

I wonder too what all they took, I'm guessing money for one. I wonder if the dollar bills they threw on Kenny were from robbing Chris? It would be too risky to used their own money or maybe it was Kenny's money?[/QUOTE]
I also wonder why they killed Kenny, I know we all talked about he would either know who did murders or he would get revenge, BUT there where other brothers and family that would do the same thing, definitely more to come out. JMO

I also wonder why they killed Kenny, I know we all talked about he would either know who did murders or he would get revenge, BUT there where other brothers and family that would do the same thing, definitely more to come out. JMO

Kenny is like the red herring to throw off investigators and make it look Cartel. Seriously, dollar bills all over his lower legs? So obviously staged.
It's hard to believe that they would kill him for only that reason so I do think what you said plays in, that he would know and seek revenge.

I think I speak for many when I say that it's also hard to believe they would kill 8 people over custody. Many people think there are other motives. An "undercurrent of drugs" is not a motive.

My guess is that they threatened to file charges against Jake for getting HR pregnant when she was only 15 and he was 19 or 20. They could hold this over his head when he got controlling about custody.

No I'm not saying they did do this! It's just the only thing I can think of that might cause rage to kill all 8.

Another cause of rage towards the whole family would be if Jake saw the family as being supportive of HR breaking up with him, and also if he saw them as being supportive of her finding other guys to date. I think he saw HG that way, thus 5 shots.

One more cause of rage could be he blamed HR for causing him to only see his daughter 50% of the time. He could have felt that because of her and the support/influence of her family behind her, he didn't get to live with his daughter full time and be a full time dad.
Like: "Your the one who left and you deprived me of being a full time dad so I'm entitled to full custody, you owe it to me to give me full custody."

I think I under estimate how difficult it was for him to go from being a full time dad to only seeing her 1/2 the time, plus losing the role of being a primary decision maker for his daughter. It "ate" at him over time and Angela fed into it, she manipulated him to stay on that destructive course.

Then the 2 others got on board, but it started with Jake and Angela.

(Opinions)

Last edited:
Why brass catchers, if you don’t put finger prints on them or D&A why worrier about them the bullet head has the evidence of what gun it came from?
Just pointing out that casings were also removed from the scene, and they used brass catchers, since they were listed in the indictments when the judge read them in court.

“In addition to the aggravated murder charges, Wagner’s charges include conspiring with his family to kill the Rhoden family since Jan. 1, 2016. His charges also allege he purchased various items including a net that attaches to a gun to collect spent shell casings, ammunition, and items to build a silencer.

The charges also alleged Wagner helped get rid of evidence including from the victims’ phones and surveillance system.”

Pike County massacre: Edward 'Jake' Wagner pleads not guilty to 23 counts

Kenny is like the red herring to throw off investigators and make it look Cartel. Seriously, dollar bills all over his lower legs? So obviously staged.
It's hard to believe that they would kill him for only that reason so I do think what you said plays in, that he would know and seek revenge.

I think I speak for many when I say that it's also hard to believe they would kill 8 people over custody. Many people think there are other motives. An "undercurrent of drugs" is not a motive.

My guess is that they threatened to file charges against Jake for getting HR pregnant when she was only 15 and he was 19 or 20. They could hold this over his head when he got controlling about custody.

No I'm not saying they did do this! It's just the only thing I can think of that might cause rage to kill all 8.

Another cause of rage towards the whole family would be if Jake saw the family as being supportive of HR breaking up with him, and also if he saw them as being supportive of her finding other guys to date. I think he saw HG that way, thus 5 shots.

One more cause of rage could be he blamed HR for causing him to only see his daughter 50% of the time. He could have felt that because of her and the support/influence of her family behind her, he didn't get to live with his daughter full time and be a full time dad.
Like: "Your the one who left and you deprived me of being a full time dad so I'm entitled to full custody, you owe it to me to give me full custody."

I think I under estimate how difficult it was for him to go from being a full time dad to only seeing her 1/2 the time, plus losing the role of being a primary decision maker for his daughter. It "ate" at him over time and Angela fed into it, she manipulated him to stay on that destructive course.

Then the 2 others got on board, but it started with Jake and Angela.

(Opinions)
I think it was Jake's show all the way. His ex, his child, all him. But I think he used what went on with Clarence R to feed to Angie and Billy and George. I think Billy got into it because Jake told him what he "suspected" so Billy went over to confront Chris about it.
IMO a fight occurred and Chris won. That set off Billy and George who may not have been on board with Jake until then. I just see it as Jake's hate, revenge, feeding Angie, Billy, George and maybe even Rita, (I will not group Fred in here because the charges were dismissed against her, so as for now all she is guilty of is bad fashion sense). Feeding them those stories of Clarence R and how the apple doesn't fall far from the tree type thing. I suspect he may even have pointed a finger at Kenny and Gary for this.

Iirc in an early article about the ruckus on UHR it was said the R's stopped some teenagers who were out "joyriding". They met them in the road with guns and clubs. I think it was mentioned that Kenny was with them in that incident. I never believed the "joyriding" story. I think those kids went out there to buy MJ from Chris and either they didn't pay or didn't get what they thought they should.

Betty might remember which article. BTW Betty you are invaluable to us and many thanks for the things you help us all with.

I think Kenny may have been there for that fight between Chris and Billy which at this time is a rumor and not confirmed by MSM but of which I think actually occurred because Lenny alluded to a fight a couple of weeks earlier in one of his interviews.

The R's were on guard about something. Stopping people in the road with clubs and guns? Who does that? No one I know would randomly stop cars coming down a road in front of their house with clubs and guns. No, the R's were expecting trouble from somewhere. I just don't think they knew how much trouble. I think the R's were tough enough to think they could handle whatever came their way. And since they really were tough enough I think that is why the W's sneaked into their houses while they were asleep like the cowards they were.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member