OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m missing something, this indictment doesn’t say anything about bulletproof vest, it talks about the Wagners 4 benefit from the commission from the crime, the state has something else besides bulletproof vest, JMO

It's getting late, but tomorrow I may take a look at the full wording of the Ohio Revised Code Sections quoted in Count 1. Sometimes the indictments quote the complete ORC sections, whether or not they apply.

If you want to check it yourself, just do a google search of "Ohio Revised Code Section 2921. etc as quoted in the charge. It will usually bring up the code in Lawriter or a similar web site.

It's getting late, but tomorrow I may take a look at the full wording of the Ohio Revised Code Sections quoted in Count 1. Sometimes the indictments quote the complete ORC sections, whether or not they apply.

If you want to check it yourself, just do a google search of "Ohio Revised Code Section 2921. etc as quoted in the charge. It will usually bring up the code in Lawriter or a similar web site.
Is Fredericka having trial tomorrow?

Is Fredericka having trial tomorrow?

Yes, it should still be on for 1:30 pm. Should check again in the morning in case it has been changed.

ETA: I think it's a final pre-trial hearing.

Last edited:
The pastor said he believed what they told him about it (we have no idea what they told him since he didn't elaborate but we can surmise they told him they were innocent). He said they attended church there ... JMO

The pastor of the church in Kenai did not talk about the W4 attending church there; the fact that they attended Church in Kenai was said by the pastor whose church they had formerly attended in Minford, Ohio (not the Mt Etna Rd church). Family Wanted In Ohio Killings May Be On The Kenai

The former Ohio pastor [who now leads a congregation in Seward, AK] said publicly that they did not attend his church in Seward, in response to a social media question (I won't link it, so, just my observation).

The Seward pastor's son, the Kenai pastor, was childhood friends with GW4 and JW, iirc. JMO I think he did make a vague comment that "these were people who cry over a dog," JMO

Pictured, people in laser focus of multiple murder hunt | Daily Mail Online "Caleb Cinereski, the pastor at the Wagner family church, claims the family is innocent and should be left alone. The family attended the Immannuel Baptist Church, about a 20 minute drive from their home."

...but you're right, Raisinisback, the pastors didn't make any claims about AW's character, or vouch for her to say she couldn't have done this. JMO

The pastor of the church in Kenai did not talk about the W4 attending church there; the fact that they attended Church in Kenai was said by the pastor whose church they had formerly attended in Minford, Ohio (not the Mt Etna Rd church). Family Wanted In Ohio Killings May Be On The Kenai

The former Ohio pastor [who now leads a congregation in Seward, AK] said publicly that they did not attend his church in Seward, in response to a social media question (I won't link it, so, just my observation).

The Seward pastor's son, the Kenai pastor, was childhood friends with GW4 and JW, iirc. JMO I think he did make a vague comment that "these were people who cry over a dog," JMO

Pictured, people in laser focus of multiple murder hunt | Daily Mail Online "Caleb Cinereski, the pastor at the Wagner family church, claims the family is innocent and should be left alone. The family attended the Immannuel Baptist Church, about a 20 minute drive from their home."

...but you're right, Raisinisback, the pastors didn't make any claims about AW's character, or vouch for her to say she couldn't have done this. JMO

BBM
Makes sense. My dogs are part of the family. If the Ws hated the Rs/HHG, enough to murder them, then they obviously felt more love for their dogs than they did for the deceased.

Wednesday, June 26th:
*Final Pretrial Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – Only for *Fredericka Carol Wagner (76) (Paternal grandmother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) , charged & arraigned (11/15/18) with 1 count of 3rd degree perjury & 1 count of 5th degree obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty. $100K Surety bond.
Trial starts July 29th thru Aug. 2nd @ 8:30. Jury selection on 7/29.
Court hearings from 1/15/18 thru 3/28/19 reference post #635 here:
OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#45

3/28/19: Final pretrial hearing on 6/26. April 30 deadline for discovery. Discovery has not been received. Special prosecutor Angie Canepa & Fredericka’s attorney James Owen plan to hash out an agreement on what can & cannot be discussed with media. Attorneys agree on gag order. Trial starts 7/29 thru 8/2.
6/4/19 Update: Returned to court Tuesday (6/4/) for a pretrial hearing after her attorneys filed a motion demanding prosecutors turn over remaining evidence that will be used at trial. Judge Deering denied the request to dismiss the charges & said the case should proceed to trial. The hearing was continued until June 12 at the request of prosecutors & defense attorneys. 6/12/19 Update: Hearing continued to 6/26.
*George Washington Wagner III – Motions hearing on 9/17.
*Angela Jo Wagner – Pretrial hearing on 7/3. Discovery hearing on 9/16.
*George Washington Wagner IV - Next pretrial hearing on 7/24. Trial scheduled for 9/4.
*Rita Jo Newcomb – Final pretrial hearing on 7/25. Trial is scheduled for 10/21.
*Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner - Last pretrial hearing on 9/17.

Couple of things it could be:

• They're referring to the 911 call that DS made for KR and just mislabeled it
  • Was BJM's first 911 call dropped or did she hang up and call again as she was running around to the mailbox and to Frankies?
  • JM made a call after stepping out of DR's house - possible, but I think he had already heard the sirens when he was in the house. It was reported that just as he stepped out, he saw LE approaching and flagged a car down in DR's driveway.
  • LM or his wife or someone else made a second 911 call because they thought LE were taking too long. LE did respond quickly, but this is a typical reaction for most people in an emergency situation - minutes seem like hours.
ETA: It will be interesting to hear the full 911 calls without editing. There have been other cases where outside experts listening to 911 audio are able to pick up additional info about what was happening at the crime scene. May or may not be relevant in this particular case. None of the people who made these calls are suspects, but are only victims/surviving family members.

I remember hearing that BJM call was transferred a couple of times between jurisdictions while dispatch was trying to figure out what jurisdiction to send

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - The defense in the Pike County massacre case has asked to see a slew of evidence.

Jake Wagner, the man whose custody dispute may be at the center of the murders of the eight Rhoden family members in Pike County, appeared in court Thursday. He is the youngest of the four Wagners charged with the killings. He fathered a child with one of the victims.

The judge ordered Thursday that Wagner have no contact with the three other accused killers and the two grandmothers accused of covering it all up.

RELATED | Wagner son who fathered daughter with slain-Rhoden teen in court for Pike Co. murders

Among paperwork filed this past week were requests from the defense including a more detailed list of evidence in the case, such as silencers on guns the Wagner’s are accused of buying and using to commit multiple murders.

A seven-page evidence list uncovered Thursday gets a little more specific. For example, the defense is asking to see:

• Hundreds of crime scene photos taken by investigators from all of the murder scenes
  • Ballistic evidence
  • Autopsies and X-ray photos for all eight Rhoden family victims
  • Video and audio interviews taken with the Wagners
  • Nearly 300 seized voicemails
  • Cell tower records from Billy Wagner’s cellphone
  • Nearly 600 photos from the search and seizure at the Flying W Farm
  • One photo of George “Billy” Wagner’s tattoo
  • A “Boondock Saints” video clip
  • Records and photos from the evidence trailer searchers
  • More than 500 photos from the Rhoden house searches
    • Including 1 photo of a burnt VCR
The list goes on.

Also submitted in court Thursday: a bill of particulars and six more motions filed, outlining exactly what Jake Wagner is accused of, and what the defense team wants to see.

The "Including 1 photo of a burnt VCR" under the photos from Rhoden house searches makes me wonder if the VCR was one the Rhodens used for a security camera. Did the Wagners burn the it on the property or did they take with them and burn it later?

Fredericka Wagner returns to court for pretrial hearing

Here's a link for local news coverage of FW's final pre-trial hearing today. As usual, it may be a while before there is any courtroom activity as most of the hearing is held in camera (in judge's chambers).

ETA: Ok, camera is on. One of FW's defense attorneys is at the table.

ETA2: FW is now at the defense table, giving her attorney a lot of instructions, writing on a legal pad, etc. She's wearing dark sunglasses again.

Last edited:
I'
Fredericka Wagner returns to court for pretrial hearing

Here's a link for local news coverage of FW's final pre-trial hearing today. As usual, it may be a while before there is any courtroom activity as most of the hearing is held in camera (in judge's chambers).

ETA: Ok, camera is on. One of FW's defense attorneys is at the table.

ETA2: FW is now at the defense table, giving her attorney a lot of instructions, writing on a legal pad, etc. She's wearing dark sunglasses again.
Is anyone getting volume?

Per request from AC, Judge says Counsel should not provide any statements that would cause a problem with pre-trial publicity

State is asking that a charge be dismissed without prejudice. Not sure which charge
Something about from May 9 filed forward
(Just now put my headphones on)

Anyone hear which charge is being dismissed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla