OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I guess that's the best her attorneys could come up with - indictment doesn't name where the forgery took place. Apparently in Scioto County, so they want charges dismissed and assume the charges will be brought in Scioto County?

I'm assuming the prosecutors already discussed the venue issue and have a reason for filing in Pike County. They knew RN lived in Scioto, as does FW.

RN's indictment states clearly the forgery charges 1, 2 and 3 did take place in Pike county. IMO, AC knows what she's doing. I trust her completely, and I cannot wait to see her at trial. Junk is Junk. She is stuck with him, but I hope he has enough sense to remember where his bread is buttered. Dewine is AC's boss, and IMO, he and his team fought too hard for the truth in these murders to have left a single stoned unturned. All just my opinion.

Last edited:
Replying to
@Angenette5
and
@Local12
Prosecutors say they have recorded phone calls from the Delaware County Jail in which Angela Wagner and her mom, Rita Newcomb had repeated contact. Newcomb said she does not have caller ID. Angie Canepa said these are lengthy talks - not incidental

Replying to
@Angenette5
and
@Local12
Judge Deering says he considers violating bond to be very serious. He says no contact means no contact and discussing cases is egregious. Motion hearing later on August 28.

Angenette Levy Verified......Angenette Levy | WKRC-TV (Cincinnati, OH) Journalist | Muck Rack
Emmy-nominated reporter at WKRC
Have the W4 not learned anything about leaving a digital trail????????

How much phone use are prisoners allowed? I assume it is not unlimited. Can prisoners call anyone they want to? Do they buy pre-paid phone cards at the commissary? How did RN get the phone number to AW?

I'm assuming RN has a burner phone (purchased with cash, from WalMart - in a disguise) and never thought LE would be able to trace AW's calls.

This might also explain why AW was still in jail attire at her recent hearing.

Noticeable absence of Fred and RW today.

Last edited:
FREDERICKA WAGNER MSM QUOTES:

Matriarch of Wagner family accused in Pike County massacre spent decades building wealth

"...And she "passionately and fervently believes in the innocence of her son, her daughter-in-law and her two grandsons,” said her attorney, James Owen, at her arraignment earlier this month. “She’s a tough old bird and willing to express her opinions. … But right now, she’s presumed innocent.”

George Wagner trial postponed, grandmother stands by him

"George is innocent. My whole family is innocent. That’s all I have to say. It will all come out eventually,” Fredericka Wagner said after the hearing. “He’s lost a lot of weight. But he’s strong and he’s got a strong faith in God. So have I and so did Jacob. Our whole family and we just believe, I know Christ is with him. The boys are hanging on to Jesus and that’s what we’re going to keep on doing.”

Pike County murders: 5 things to know about latest developments

3. A grandmother said the family has nothing to do with the murders

Investigators searched the Wagner family’s current and former Ohio property — including grandmother Fredericka Wagner’s Flying W Farm — last month.

“They have nothing,” Fredericka Wagner said Tuesday in a Dayton Daily News interview. “Their searches have turned up zilch. Nothing. And they aren’t going to either because Jake had nothing to do with it.”

A matriarch's fight: Fredericka Wagner denies charges, allegations in Pike County mass murder

Fredericka Wagner bristled at the allegations against her family.
But Wagner said "she wonders about the accuracy of the investigation into her family, based on the errors that she said are evident in her case."

Wagner said "she told the grand jury the names of the people she suspected killed the Rhodens." As she spoke with The Plain Dealer, Wagner wouldn’t elaborate. But she repeatedly, and vehemently, "stressed the innocence of her family."

At one point, she pushed the issue, and said, “Go ahead and ask.” Then she responded to the question of whether her family was involved in the murders by quickly turning and grabbing the Bible and putting her hand on it.

“Absolutely not,” Wagner snapped. “None of us was even near that place
that night.”
( Then where were they?)

Wagner said "her family is innocent. She said she believes that cooperating informants provided erroneous information."

But if allegations are correct and her family did, in fact, commit the crimes, how would Wagner react?

“I wouldn’t stand up for them,” she said resolutely. “I would still love them. But I wouldn’t defend them. I wouldn’t in any way if I thought that. But I don’t believe that. "

“I believe with all my heart and soul that they didn’t do it.”

Thanks Loomis...;)

Attorney wants charges dismissed against Pike County massacre suspect Rita Newcomb

Improper phone conversations topic of hearing - Portsmouth Daily Times

Pike County Murders: Prosecutors seek to revoke Rita Newcomb’s bond

Multiple media outlets have reported that prosecutors want her bond revoked because she has had conversations with her daughter, Angela Wagner, by phone.

"...Although she is currently free on house arrest, phone calls Newcomb allegedly made to her daughter, Angela Wagner, may cost the Newcomb her freedom between Aug. 28 and October.

“defendant engaged in behavior that is in violation of the condition of her bond. Following a request made at defendant’s January 10 pretrial hearing this court ordered ‘the defendant shall refrain from all contact directly or indirectly with… Angela Joe Wagner.’”

I was so happy to see TR sitting by Ms. Geneva today and to hear laughter coming from LM again.

Last edited:
If AC would play her cards right then she could use this statement as admission of guilt, JMO

Newcomb’s attorney, Frank Gerlach, filed his own motion to dismiss three counts of forgery before the hearing. Gerlach wrote that a prosecutor on the case told him it’s believed the Newcomb notarized the custody documents for the children of her grandsons, George and Jake, and Hanna Rhoden at her home in Scioto County, so Pike County is not the proper venue for trial on those charges. Gerlach said the documents do not indicate where they were notarized.

Jmo FW does not live in Scioto County. She lives in Pike Co

The murders took place in Pike County and Scioto County (DR's house was across the Scioto County line). So, yeah, the prosecutors undoubtedly took all that into consideration when the drew up the indictments.

As for Fred Wagner, she has properties all over the place, in different counties. Who knows where she actually lives on any given day. Actually, as long as she doesn't try to skip town, who cares?

The state has strong evidence against RN. It's nearly an open and shut case, JMO. She forged those documents. Her attorney doesn't have much more to work with, but he has to do his job and ask for dismissal on whatever grounds he can come up with. It's what he's being paid to do.

JMO

How much phone use are prisoners allowed? I assume it is not unlimited. Can prisoners call anyone they want to? Do they buy pre-paid phone cards at the commissary? How did RN get the phone number to AW?

I'm assuming RN has a burner phone (purchased with cash, from WalMart - in a disguise) and never thought LE would be able to trace AW's calls.

No wonder there's a zillion terabytes of evidence against Wagners. They don't understand technology and spent a lot of time on the phone, texting, emailing, etc. Probably discussed all their massacre plans in detail. They were probably texting and calling each other during the murders. o_O

The murders took place in Pike County and Scioto County (DR's house was across the Scioto County line). So, yeah, the prosecutors undoubtedly took all that into consideration when the drew up the indictments.

As for Fred Wagner, she has properties all over the place, in different counties. Who knows where she actually lives on any given day. Actually, as long as she doesn't try to skip town, who cares?

The state has strong evidence against RN. It's nearly an open and shut case, JMO. She forged those documents. Her attorney doesn't have much more to work with, but he has to do his job and ask for dismissal on whatever grounds he can come up with. It's what he's being paid to do.

JMO

Amen, Betty P!

This is what the Ross County website says about the telephone:

(Section 4) TELEPHONE CALLS Each Pod has a telephone, which may be used, for unlimited collect calling. Time restrictions will not be initiated unless problems are caused by inmates "Hogging" the telephone or refusing other inmates access to the system (Major Violation).

MOTION TO REVOKE BOND # 3
Or not? Sorry if I got this wrong using phone and need to get to my computer later. Too hard to do this on phone. Again my apologies!

View attachment 194984
Why was not bond revoked on the spot? I don't understand the need for a hearing. She did or didn't accept calls. If she did, bond revoked...

Why was not bond revoked on the spot? I don't understand the need for a hearing. She did or didn't accept calls. If she did, bond revoked...

I totally agree! Judge Deering was way too lenient on her today. IMO, actions speak louder than words, in both hers and his. She was clearly in violation of her bond, and JD gave RN nother free month to continue talking to AW. What a shame, IMO. And great disrespect to the Proecution on the Judge's part, IMO.

No wonder there's a zillion terabytes of evidence against Wagners. They don't understand technology and spent a lot of time on the phone, texting, emailing, etc. Probably discussed all their massacre plans in detail. They were probably texting and calling each other during the murders. o_O
I live in Pike County and my phone is off grid ... certain areas has No service and mine is one of them unless i use wifi calling and still i have problems .. dropping calls alot and no service even with wifi .. jmo

I totally agree! Judge Deering was way too lenient on her today. IMO, actions speak louder than words, in both hers and his. She was clearly in violation of her bond, and JD gave RN nother free month to continue talking to AW. What a shame, IMO. And great disrespect to the Proecution on the Judge's part, IMO.
I believe that someone besides Charles Reader needs investigated, your honor, JMO

Delaware County Jail Inmate Phone Calls & Email | Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member