OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could. We live in a VERY rural area though and finally found which company does get service out here and it's the only one you can even get a signal out here - and I get great service with it, anyone with anything else it's a dead zone. So we can't say entirely that they get bad cell reception there, because they might have known what worked and utilized that service. JMO.

Exactly correct. Same way here. When we first moved in, one of my kids had Sprint coverage and could not get signal when they visited while my Verizon phone worked fine. When you get 1/2 mile down the hill however, nothing works. The topography of Left Fork Road shows that they sit in a valley which is what led to my speculation that they may not have cell service, but it remains, pure speculation.

Here are the links to Clarence Rhoden's charges, the property, and the divorce.
The 911 calls are transcribed and the links are on the media thread which can be accessed on the first page of every thread since its existence.

Clarence Rhoden charges

http://www.drc.ohio.gov/offendersearch/details.aspx?id=A354855

Article discussing grow ops, listing names and ages of victims, brief overview of BJM'S 911 call

http://m.whio.com/news/news/autopsi...ld/nrBzy/?ecmp=whiotv_social_twitter_2014_sfp

Ohio land registry viewer supplied by Dana. I've searched for Clarence Rhoden, this shows the divorce from Geneva. From here, one can explore the land transfers to CRSr. Just copy and paste the link.

https://www.uslandrecords.com/ohlr3...commandflag=getDetails&optflag=DetailsCommand

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

This is the part that makes no sense to me and I find it very suspicious.

He said: 'Kenneth would normally padlock the camper where he lived from the outside when he left.

'I was supposed to meet him the night before and go to work on some cars with him in the morning.

'When I didn't hear from him I went to the camper and it was unlocked and his truck was outside and I felt there must have been something wrong.

So why would he think something was wrong if Kenneth's truck was there and the padlock wasn't on the camper? By his own admission he said Kenneth padlocked it WHEN HE LEFT and not when he was home..
The only thing I can come up with is that KR was an early riser. If they were supposed to be up in the early morning working on cars, he may have been concerned when he got there and KR was not outside.
That being said, I agree that he is embellishing his story as time passes. Why was there no mention of a relative going with him in the first interview he gave?
JMO

There are crime scene cleanup people that have that specifically as their job.

There are actually persons who know the Rhoden family who do crime scene cleanup as a profession. Cannot mention names but it has been discussed before

Okay, I don't know how that got posted as a reply to "mr kitty" post. It was supposed to be a reply to one of the 'blood everywhere' posts. Sheesh!
Well.... it does kinda fit lol.
(It's my cat, lol, so I feel comfortable saying that. Not that I want anything to happen to him, but I can see where your mind would jump to pets and them being harmed. Especially since it took FOREVER for the dog situation to be laid to rest)

There are actually persons who know the Rhoden family who do crime scene cleanup as a profession. Cannot mention names but it has been discussed before

Will someone please fill me in? I missed this..

The only thing I can come up with is that KR was an early riser. If they were supposed to be up in the early morning working on cars, he may have been concerned when he got there and KR was not outside.
That being said, I agree that he is embellishing his story as time passes. Why was there no mention of a relative going with him in the first interview he gave?
JMO

Ask yourself, who works on cars at 5:30 in the morning? It was not going to be intemperate that day, high of 73 or so. At 5:30 a.m. you probably would need a jacket, and lights. What was the urgency to start at 5:30? Any country wrench I know gets some stout coffee or breakfast at Tudors Biscuit World. They are not out pulling motors at 5:30 a.m. Not happenin'

JMO

One thing that occurs to me with the recently learned information about another family member being with DS is that investigators have a statement from LR regarding the discovery of his father's body.

Having two versions of events gives them the opportunity to compare statements for consistency and any conflicting information.

It is possible that DS did not tell the Daily Mail about the second person in order to protect his privacy or that the Daily Mail may have agreed to and complied with keeping that info off the record.

Why DS would mention and name the second person in the more recent interview is an interesting question.

Possibly to let people know that a second person could corroborate his description of events?

Dunno. Just guessing about that.

Ask yourself, who works on cars at 5:30 in the morning? It was not going to be intemperate that day, high of 73 or so. At 5:30 a.m. you probably would need a jacket, and lights. What was the urgency to start at 5:30? Any country wrench I know gets some stout coffee or breakfast at Tudors Biscuit World. They are not out pulling motors at 5:30 a.m. Not happenin'
Hmmm. I admit I have no answer, but we can't know with certainty what KR'S schedule was. It may be that DS had the same duties we've speculated BJM had in regards to the grow ops, hence his entry into the garage, and the "working on cars" is the best explanation he could come up with for why he was supposed to be there. If that's the case, let me point out that it was stupid with a capital S for him to mention it.

One thing that occurs to me with the recently learned information about another family member being with DS is that investigators have a statement from LR regarding the discovery of his father's body.

Having two versions of events gives them the opportunity to compare statements for consistency and any conflicting information.

It is possible that DS did not tell the Daily Mail about the second person in order to protect his privacy or that the Daily Mail may have agreed to and complied with keeping that info off the record.

Why DS would mention and name the second person in the more recent interview is an interesting question.

Possibly to let people know that a second person could corroborate his description of events?

Dunno. Just guessing about that.
Is there an interview with the second person? That would be good to have.

Again I don't want to jeopardize the investigation but would love a presser or some interviews . Anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the people here have wondered why the several cars have been towed from the properties. IDK, but perhaps something was hidden in the cars. It could be drugs, perhaps cash (or worse - a body). If so, then robbery could have been a motive, and the killers may have tried to open the cars. I could also imagine that police suspects that someone involved with the car dealings is the perpetrator. If the police has no clue who might be involved, then DNA/finger prints found in a car that may have belonged to the killlers might put them in the right direction.

Speaking of bodies in cars. Someone (I believe lonesomepaws and perhaps others) suggested a possible link to the murder of Harry Harvey ("Hobby") Howard Jr. a while back
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/...ion_Underway_in_Scioto_county__134604028.html
PORTSMOUTH, Ohio (WSAZ) -- An investigation into a possible homicide is underway in Scioto County after a man was found dead inside a truck Saturday.

The Scioto County Sheriff says the victim is Harry Harvey Howard Jr., 31, of Otway.

The Sheriff says deputies received a call about a suspicious white truck that had been parked in the Brush Creek forest area, of Crabtree Cemetery, since Friday. The caller also believed the person in the truck was dead.

Investigators responded and found the Howard Jr., inside, dead. They say it appeared to be a homicide, according to a press release.

BCI&I was contacted and responded to this location to process the truck for evidence.

At this time, investigators are not saying how Mr. Howard died. The body was sent to Montgomery County for an autopsy.
http://www.rogerwdavisfuneralhome.com/notices/Harry-Howard

It seems that this case is still unsolved.

We've speculated if "working on cars" was working on the plants, or doing something with the plants. With that said, I know plenty of people that dive into those things early. They don't care about needing a jacket in these parts. Heck, once it's above 50 in MI it's like t-shirt weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123