OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he got close enough to inspect him? The thing I found more odd, was that he specifically said ; Caller: It’s all that stuff that’s on the news. Um, I just found, I just found my cousin with a gunshot wound. ~~~ I know none of know how we'd react but to me, pointing out "with a gunshot wound" , is as odd as saying that they; found plants in the garage, we better call 911. The whole tone of the 911 call was "off" to me.

I suspect he was shot between the eyes and it was pretty visible.

I don't know why you directed me to this stuff. I don't give a hoot about that. I just want a link provided when asked for. I few days back I asked for a link that 18 vehicles had been towed. I still have not seen it. There is a Yahoo article that stated UP TO 18 vehicles. So at this point (to me) it is NOT a fact that 18 vehicles were towed.

bbm I don't do media thread.

|
"He says he and another worker helped tow five of a total of 18 vehicles away from the Rhoden property where eight members of the family were shot to death nearly two weeks ago."

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/up-to-18-vehicles-towed-from-pike-county-massacre-property

Can we move on now?

I suspect he was shot between the eyes and it was pretty visible.

I agree. Or the wound could be in the forehead and the blood from the wound pooled in his eyes. IMO, he may not be well educated and skilled with language, but this is no reason, esp. in a traumatic situation, to cast suspicion on him.

Like many others, I think most members of the family were massacred because they would have been able to identify the killer(s). This would be especially important if he/they were known to them, and EVEN MORE SO if this person had been previously accused of stealing.

I think this family was particularly close since they all lived within a short distance from each other. Especially DR and LM and it appears BJM was close to FR, DR and also CR1 since she went to his home to feed the animals everyday. Families like that (mine included) gossip on a daily basis. If someone or some family member had been accused of stealing then I am sure the whole extended family (especially BJM) would have known about it. People who have been stolen from are usually so mad they don't stay quiet about it and the first ones they tell are family, so I don't think the others were killed because they could identify the killers. I think they were all killed because there was a secret there, a secret that could send someone to jail or cost them a great amount of money. This is not to say that secret was limited to the victims, indeed I suspect it was known to all family members or if not known, suspected, especially GR's father, LM, BJM and JM. I base this on the impression everyone got that LM was extremely upset over the towing of cars. That leads me to believe he knew the car/salvage business was not on the up and up. But if 8 members of your family have just been slain and it has been shown the killer knew enough about your family to go door to door killing, then you are not going to talk except to LE. I think this secret was told to LE and that is why the cars were towed. That sticks with me because it is so unusual. LE usually tows the victims cars and the suspects cars, but to tow a bunch of junk cars sitting around, that speaks to the cars being a very important part of the investigation, or even the motive. I think the only way that many cars (at least 18) would be important to the investigation is if they were stolen. After all not many things could pertain to a car, they can be wrecked, vandalized, stolen, used as the weapon or be the crime scene its self. Since they were already junk I think we can rule out the wrecked, vandalized and used as a weapon. That many cars cannot all be the crime scene so that leaves stolen. I have followed a lot of investigations and read tons of true crime books ( as I am sure you all have) but never have I read about LE towing that many cars. Just sayin'

Dammit!! Time to review my theory lol. Great point regarding cars.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, his stories have been a bit contradictory. I had been saying that I wouldn't take DS's word on KR being the only one with the single gun shot wound until they confirmed it because of how he had described the scene.. But if it's a single gun shot wound to the head with like a 12 gauge, it'd be a nasty scene. I'm still leaving that part up for speculation. JMO.

I've definitely wondered if the multiple shots were used for information extraction or torture.
BBM-Or IMO to prevent them from getting up while trying to get info. from them. There was a murder in my town several yrs. ago. The victim was shot 6/7 times, some shots being in the knees. After he was dead, the killer stomped on him. This was not a murder to get info. It was done out of deep anger. (That could be how the soft tissue bruising occurred in some of the Rhoden's?)

I did a simple Google search, clicked on the first article result, which was titled, "Up to 18 Vehicles Towed..." and by reading the actual article, found the following information. I feel like people should do their part to read the information that has already been provided. Here you go:

"BEAVER, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE) -- Rickey Neace's family has owned the Bobst Auto Parts and Salvage in Pike County for years. He says nothing could've prepared him for his assignment on Tuesday.He says he and another worker helped tow five of a total of 18 vehicles away from the Rhoden property where eight members of the family were shot to death nearly two weeks ago.
"Everything was still roped off and they had caution tape up around the house. It was a little eerie," Neace said.
He and crews from two other Pike County tow companies were instructed by Pike County Sheriff deputies which vehicles to haul away from the crime scene after each was marked and numbered. Neace said the cars were various makes and models with some missing parts such as engines. Each one of the vehicles was taken to a Waverly impound lot where a Pike County deputy will keep a close watch over. He says investigators would not specify why specific vehicles were selected. He estimates a total of 40 vehicles were scattered in and around the property. He's not sure why the family had so many."
http://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/up-to-18-vehicles-towed-from-pike-county-massacre-property

This is just to save in case this gets debated, too: He estimates a total of 40 vehicles were scattered in and around the property. He's not sure why the family had so many.

- just tryin to be helpful

I could be wrong, but this is how I interpret his remarks. "It's all that stuff that's on the news" = He's in a hurry to explain his call and the connection to the murders reported earlier. In a few words, he does make that connection. "Um, I just found, I just found my cousin with a gunshot wound" = Again, he's making the connection to the murders reported earlier, that is, "execution-style" according to the authorities, by reference to his cousin's gunshot wound. In other words, he's assuming, for good reason, a direct connection with the other murders. If it were me, I'd probably do the same thing.
I'd probably tell them my name, and that I'd just found my cousin and he's dead, and ask them to send someone asap. I may or may not add that I'd come to check on him re; hearing the news about other family members being murdered, according to my level of anxiety at the time or the questions 911 asks folks. I probably would not have gotten close enough to the body to inspect him for a gunshot wound(s) b/c I'd have backed out of the trailer, got in my truck, and placed the call as soon as I'd seen the body. Then waited for the authorities, while calling my family, I may have even called nearby family first, so I'd not have to sit there alone, if I were alone to begin with. Jmo of how I think I'd react.

That's where I'm leaning too. I suspect that Kenneth was the first target, though. He was probably particularly vulnerable to being robbed and/or double-crossed, being out there alone. Although there were other family right down the road who weren't targeted. I think there's an easy explanation for that. Maybe he caught someone else stealing? Someone he knew? Just an idea I have. Then that person or persons out of desperation killed him. Maybe the money that was allegedly strewn around him or his camper is a way to make it look like some cartel did it, or maybe it provided in the perp(s) mind a way to point away from the real killer(s): "Look, someone left money!" (i.e., "It wasn't me...otherwise I would have taken the money.") Maybe the money was brought by the killer, who gained entry by lying and saying he/they were returning the money that had previously been stolen. And the money, whoever it belonged to, may have been dropped by Kenneth while this person(s) was robbing him or after being confronted about stealing. The money couldn't safely be gathered up, then.

After Kenneth was robbed and killed (again, just speculation), since this is a person or persons known to Kenneth and therefore probably the rest of the Rhodens, the rest of them had to be killed because they would know right away who did it, especially if that person had been accused by Kenneth. Chris Sr. and Gary might also have been robbed or attempted to. The alleged beating/violence could have happened for any number of reasons: a struggle, trying to force them to reveal a hidden stash, open a safe, something like that.

Like many others, I think most members of the family were massacred because they would have been able to identify the killer(s). This would be especially important if he/they were known to them, and EVEN MORE SO if this person had been previously accused of stealing.

Again, JMO, subject to change.

---------------------

A solid line of thought .... !! Perhaps somebody (maybe more) well-known to all of them had been distributing / selling on behalf of the 3 growers, on a supply now - pay later basis, and had become seriously in arrears with payments due. This info, especially if it was somebody close to the family, may well have been discussed within the family group so all of them had knowledge of the bad-debt situation. Let's say that this "agent" of theirs was refused more stock until he paid for previous ... perhaps he had gone to KR with (say) $1k hoping that would be enough to secure more stock and this was rejected outright. Argument / frustration / temper / anger / goofed-up and BANG, take that !! Throwing the cash down would be a symbolic gesture of anger and rejection; leaving it there a message that he did intend honouring his debts, so there, you are all effing wrong to slander me !! Maybe he (they) knew where KR kept his money-box and helped himself. When the adrenalin stopped pumping ... Oh crap, now what do I / we do ... ?? The others will finger me / us, so best go and do the same to CR1, GR and FR ... force them to hand over their stash, knock them off and then wipe out the rest of those effing c*nts, they ain't no better than me /us !!

Yeah, his stories have been a bit contradictory. I had been saying that I wouldn't take DS's word on KR being the only one with the single gun shot wound until they confirmed it because of how he had described the scene.. But if it's a single gun shot wound to the head with like a 12 gauge, it'd be a nasty scene. I'm still leaving that part up for speculation. JMO.

I've definitely wondered if the multiple shots were used for information extraction or torture.
Does anyone know if KR's funeral was open casket? I'm asking because if it was something like a 12 gauge shotgun, wouldn't the damage be too much?

Does anyone know if KR's funeral was open casket? I'm asking because if it was something like a 12 gauge shotgun, wouldn't the damage be too much?

ETA:
Inside, "Amazing Grace” and Vince Gil’s “Go Rest High,” played during an open casket funeral.
I would say that almost completely rules out a shotgun blast.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/-It-s-a-sad-day-a-very-sad-day-Father-attends-first-Rhoden-funeral/39268156

Dammit!! Time to review my theory lol. Great point regarding cars.

I think this family was particularly close since they all lived within a short distance from each other. Especially DR and LM and it appears BJM was close to FR, DR and also CR1 since she went to his home to feed the animals everyday. Families like that (mine included) gossip on a daily basis. If someone or some family member had been accused of stealing then I am sure the whole extended family (especially BJM) would have known about it. People who have been stolen from are usually so mad they don't stay quiet about it and the first ones they tell are family, so I don't think the others were killed because they could identify the killers. I think they were all killed because there was a secret there, a secret that could send someone to jail or cost them a great amount of money. This is not to say that secret was limited to the victims, indeed I suspect it was known to all family members or if not known, suspected, especially GR's father, LM, BJM and JM. I base this on the impression everyone got that LM was extremely upset over the towing of cars. That leads me to believe he knew the car/salvage business was not on the up and up. But if 8 members of your family have just been slain and it has been shown the killer knew enough about your family to go door to door killing, then you are not going to talk except to LE. I think this secret was told to LE and that is why the cars were towed. That sticks with me because it is so unusual. LE usually tows the victims cars and the suspects cars, but to tow a bunch of junk cars sitting around, that speaks to the cars being a very important part of the investigation, or even the motive. I think the only way that many cars (at least 18) would be important to the investigation is if they were stolen. After all not many things could pertain to a car, they can be wrecked, vandalized, stolen, used as the weapon or be the crime scene its self. Since they were already junk I think we can rule out the wrecked, vandalized and used as a weapon. That many cars cannot all be the crime scene so that leaves stolen. I have followed a lot of investigations and read tons of true crime books ( as I am sure you all have) but never have I read about LE towing that many cars. Just sayin'

just my 2 cents - I think if they were swapping tags also, to cover up - it might rise to the level of "intent to defraud the state of revenue". This may give LE a little more leeway in getting more search warrants. A stolen car is a crime against one person, but a criminal enterprise to defraud the state? Opens a lot more doors(and resources) to request searching in other areas I would think. JMOJMOJMO

I'd probably tell them my name, and that I'd just found my cousin and he's dead, and ask them to send someone asap. I may or may not add that I'd come to check on him re; hearing the news about other family members being murdered, according to my level of anxiety at the time or the questions 911 asks folks. I probably would not have gotten close enough to the body to inspect him for a gunshot wound(s) b/c I'd have backed out of the trailer, got in my truck, and placed the call as soon as I'd seen the body. Then waited for the authorities, while calling my family, I may have even called nearby family first, so I'd not have to sit there alone, if I were alone to begin with. Jmo of how I think I'd react.
Goes to show, I guess, that we'd all react differently (if, that is, we could even predict in advance how we would react under such horrifying circumstances). Hard to fault someone, then, for not reacting exactly as we would.

just my 2 cents - I think if they were swapping tags also, to cover up - it might rise to the level of "intent to defraud the state of revenue". This may give LE a little more leeway in getting more search warrants. A stolen car is a crime against one person, but a criminal enterprise to defraud the state? Opens a lot more doors I would think. JMOJMOJMO
Hmmm that may also explain LM's issue in his first interview regarding his son's truck being towed. He mentioned it had something to do with plates iirc.

Thanks, I see where GR was open casket, but what about KR?

My mistake...I can't find anything in MSM that discusses the 6 way funeral as open or closed casket.

I would say it could solidify GR wasn't taken out by a 12 gauge.. Maybe. Supposedly he was shot 3 times in the head though? And they had open casket? - Either way, this isn't about KR's funeral.

The 12 gauge was just a speculation anyway. I was more so meaning that a single gun shot wound could vary in gore depending on what type of gun/caliber was used. I don't have anything to lead me to believe anyone was shot by a 12 gauge. Just stating the differences in injury would vary greatly. One instance of "blood everywhere" with a "single gun shot wound to the head" could have been due to a larger caliber. JMO. More for just explanation on how it could be possible with one wound.

I don't recall what newspaper, but when the funeral director spoke for an interview, I got the impression that they were all open casket.

I would say it could solidify GR wasn't taken out by a 12 gauge.. Maybe. Supposedly he was shot 3 times in the head though? And they had open casket?

The 12 gauge was just a speculation anyway. I was more so meaning that a single gun shot wound could vary in gore depending on what type of gun/caliber was used. I don't have anything to lead me to believe anyone was shot by a 12 gauge. Just stating the differences in injury would vary greatly.
Yes, I know you were speculating... I'm thinking we could maybe rule out a larger caliber weapon for KR if there was an open casket for him as well...
But then again just because there was a closed casket ceremony doesn't necessarily mean a smaller caliber...
IDK, again anything is possible at this point.

Grasping at anything and everything since we have no real updates.

I don't recall what newspaper, but when the funeral director spoke for an interview, I got the impression that they were all open casket.

Assuming you are referring to when the funeral director said that he can't make them look alive, but he can make them look as good as he can. (Something to that affect.)

That doesn't always necessarily mean it's open casket for all. Sometimes families have a private viewing session where they are able to see the bodies but it could have been closed for public. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow