OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lonesomepaws

lonesomepaws New Member

I suspect he was shot between the eyes and it was pretty visible.

2. zoomom

zoomom Love, Chaos, & Supper

|
    "He says he and another worker helped tow five of a total of 18 vehicles away from the Rhoden property where eight members of the family were shot to death nearly two weeks ago."

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/up-to-18-vehicles-towed-from-pike-county-massacre-property

Can we move on now?

3. sumzero

sumzero Well-Known Member

I agree. Or the wound could be in the forehead and the blood from the wound pooled in his eyes. IMO, he may not be well educated and skilled with language, but this is no reason, esp. in a traumatic situation, to cast suspicion on him.

4. Toralei

Toralei New Member

Dammit!! Time to review my theory lol. Great point regarding cars.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

5. 24Roses

24Roses Well-Known Member

BBM-Or IMO to prevent them from getting up while trying to get info. from them. There was a murder in my town several yrs. ago. The victim was shot 6/7 times, some shots being in the knees. After he was dead, the killer stomped on him. This was not a murder to get info. It was done out of deep anger. (That could be how the soft tissue bruising occurred in some of the Rhoden's?)

6. zoomom

This is just to save in case this gets debated, too: He estimates a total of 40 vehicles were scattered in and around the property. He's not sure why the family had so many.

- just tryin to be helpful

7. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2ยข.

I'd probably tell them my name, and that I'd just found my cousin and he's dead, and ask them to send someone asap. I may or may not add that I'd come to check on him re; hearing the news about other family members being murdered, according to my level of anxiety at the time or the questions 911 asks folks. I probably would not have gotten close enough to the body to inspect him for a gunshot wound(s) b/c I'd have backed out of the trailer, got in my truck, and placed the call as soon as I'd seen the body. Then waited for the authorities, while calling my family, I may have even called nearby family first, so I'd not have to sit there alone, if I were alone to begin with. Jmo of how I think I'd react.

8. InspectaX

InspectaX New Member

---------------------

A solid line of thought .... !! Perhaps somebody (maybe more) well-known to all of them had been distributing / selling on behalf of the 3 growers, on a supply now - pay later basis, and had become seriously in arrears with payments due. This info, especially if it was somebody close to the family, may well have been discussed within the family group so all of them had knowledge of the bad-debt situation. Let's say that this "agent" of theirs was refused more stock until he paid for previous ... perhaps he had gone to KR with (say) $1k hoping that would be enough to secure more stock and this was rejected outright. Argument / frustration / temper / anger / goofed-up and BANG, take that !! Throwing the cash down would be a symbolic gesture of anger and rejection; leaving it there a message that he did intend honouring his debts, so there, you are all effing wrong to slander me !! Maybe he (they) knew where KR kept his money-box and helped himself. When the adrenalin stopped pumping ... Oh crap, now what do I / we do ... ?? The others will finger me / us, so best go and do the same to CR1, GR and FR ... force them to hand over their stash, knock them off and then wipe out the rest of those effing c*nts, they ain't no better than me /us !!

9. Toralei

Toralei New Member

Does anyone know if KR's funeral was open casket? I'm asking because if it was something like a 12 gauge shotgun, wouldn't the damage be too much?

10. Pheasant

Pheasant New Member

ETA:
    I would say that almost completely rules out a shotgun blast.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/-It-s-a-sad-day-a-very-sad-day-Father-attends-first-Rhoden-funeral/39268156

11. zoomom

just my 2 cents - I think if they were swapping tags also, to cover up - it might rise to the level of "intent to defraud the state of revenue". This may give LE a little more leeway in getting more search warrants. A stolen car is a crime against one person, but a criminal enterprise to defraud the state? Opens a lot more doors(and resources) to request searching in other areas I would think. JMOJMOJMO

12. Toralei

Toralei New Member

13. sumzero

sumzero Well-Known Member

Goes to show, I guess, that we'd all react differently (if, that is, we could even predict in advance how we would react under such horrifying circumstances). Hard to fault someone, then, for not reacting exactly as we would.

14. Toralei

Toralei New Member

Hmmm that may also explain LM's issue in his first interview regarding his son's truck being towed. He mentioned it had something to do with plates iirc.

15. Pheasant

Pheasant New Member

My mistake...I can't find anything in MSM that discusses the 6 way funeral as open or closed casket.

16. mrssmith23

mrssmith23 Active Member

I would say it could solidify GR wasn't taken out by a 12 gauge.. Maybe. Supposedly he was shot 3 times in the head though? And they had open casket? - Either way, this isn't about KR's funeral.

The 12 gauge was just a speculation anyway. I was more so meaning that a single gun shot wound could vary in gore depending on what type of gun/caliber was used. I don't have anything to lead me to believe anyone was shot by a 12 gauge. Just stating the differences in injury would vary greatly. One instance of "blood everywhere" with a "single gun shot wound to the head" could have been due to a larger caliber. JMO. More for just explanation on how it could be possible with one wound.

17. LilBird

LilBird New Member

I don't recall what newspaper, but when the funeral director spoke for an interview, I got the impression that they were all open casket.

18. Toralei

Toralei New Member

Yes, I know you were speculating... I'm thinking we could maybe rule out a larger caliber weapon for KR if there was an open casket for him as well...
    But then again just because there was a closed casket ceremony doesn't necessarily mean a smaller caliber...
    IDK, again anything is possible at this point.

Grasping at anything and everything since we have no real updates.

19. Toralei

Toralei New Member

Yeah, I can't either...

20. mrssmith23

mrssmith23 Active Member

Assuming you are referring to when the funeral director said that he can't make them look alive, but he can make them look as good as he can. (Something to that affect.)

That doesn't always necessarily mean it's open casket for all. Sometimes families have a private viewing session where they are able to see the bodies but it could have been closed for public. JMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.