OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Ohio Shooting: Latest on Pike County murders
Wednesday, May 4, 2016

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio — No arrests have been made in the shooting investigation of eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family last month in Pike County, Ohio.

[...]

The latest in the investigation in Pike County was that vehicles were towed on Tuesday from the various crime scenes as evidence, confirmed Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Attorney General.
There’s been no word on how many vehicles were being towed away or where they were taken

Ohio family massacre highlights rural region’s ties to illegal drugs
POSTED 6:00 PM, MAY 1, 2016, BY CNNWIRE

23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

link

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities. As U.S. 23 leads away from Columbus, business parks and strip malls give way to lush stretches of farmland dotted with old farmhouses and rusted silos. Farther south into the Appalachian foothills, churches, pickup trucks and Confederate flags become more common.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

MOD NOTE: Tricia has given permission for sleuths to discuss the criminal records of the family members who were murdered. In light of the grow operations they may be very relevant. Please refrain from posting criminal histories of other individuals who have not been named persons of interest or suspects by LE or simply because they have the last name of the victims or may be a distant cousin or aunt. Stick with the victims for now. That may change as more develops on this case.

MOD NOTE: Please don't speculate about the current custody of the minor children who were left alive. It is a blessing they are alive. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. one day they will google their names. And plenty will come up. Thanks.

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Rhodens-all-2.jpg

link:rose:

From left, top row: Christopher Rhoden Jr., Christopher Rhoden Sr., Dana Rhoden, Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden; bottom row: Hanna Rhoden, Hannah Gilley, Kenneth Rhoden, Gary Rhoden

Isaiah Jones and the fact that he was questioned can be discussed. His statements in the press can be discussed. LE has made no statements about Jones being a suspect or cleared, only that they are aware of the Facebook threats and are looking into that as one of several possible leads. Mr. Jones opted to self identify as a suspect in an article on April 26th. Then on the 28th he is quoted as saying “I talked with the police. And I'm not even a suspect. They know that it was not me.”

Rusty Mangold, like Jones, has been named in the press and that can be discussed. The press has printed some of his Facebook posts about the dispute and the murders. That is all up for discussion.

Keep in mind the following as you do

Police have made no comment on Mongold and Jones’ claims, due to the ongoing investigation. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-threats-clear-ohio-murders-article-1.2617899

Donald Stone, family member of the Rhodens, who discovered Kenneth's body, is not a suspect (the gossip boards notwithstanding) under Websleuths definition. You may discuss his interviews, statements, reported actions and behaviors, 911 call, etc. you may not sleuth him or accuse him of being the killer. you may identify things about his statements or actions that you feel are odd, unusual or do not make sense.

Same goes with Bobbie Jo, who discovered another crime scene. Discuss her 911 call, any public statements, etc. Do not sleuth her or suggest she is involved in the killings.

Please continue here

I have been following this since the beginning and have nothing to add except hey everybody! You all are brilliant and I am enjoying reading your thoughts!

Welcome, I've been following too, don't post much, but yes ppl in this thread are awesome on sluthing. #amazed.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

What if CRsr or Gary was in the living room, got shot or into some kind of confrontation with the killer(s) and ran to the bedroom to get away, get a gun or get the other person to help. Maybe it started in the living room and was finished in the bedroom.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...ike-county-killings-whats-not-known/84019326/

It's been two weeks since eight people were found shot to death in rural southern Ohio.
National and international media have mostly left Pike County. But that doesn't mean its residents are any closer to answers about the deaths of the Rhoden family.
Here are some of the biggest unanswered questions:

Where are the search warrants?

The Ohio Attorney General's Office says more than 100 items of evidence have been collected and sent to a laboratory for DNA, ballistics and other analysis.
What exactly are those items? Beyond several vehicles towed away from Rhoden family property on Tuesday, it is anyone's guess.
Five search warrants have been served in connection with the investigation, authorities have said. Four of the locations include where the bodies were found, but the fifth location has not yet been disclosed.
Only two search warrants have been returned and filed with the Pike County Clerk of Court's Office. Both have been sealed.

What was the motive?
DeWine has since refused to comment on rumors and speculation about a possible motive, saying he doesn't want to taint the investigation or potentially stop someone in the public from coming forward with information.

Who is the suspect or suspects?
No suspects in the investigation, if any exist, have been named publicly.

How much is this investigation costing?
In addition, sheriff's deputies from Pike and other surrounding counties have been stationed near the crime scenes for more than two weeks. The scenes have still not been released back to the the Rhoden family.
Investigators from Ohio's Bureau of Criminal Investigation also set up a command center at the Piketon Municipal Building before moving to a location in Waverly.
The Bureau of Criminal Investigation works under the direction of the Attorney General's Office. Therefore, Tierney told The Enquirer, there are no "bills" to add up for investigators or lab work because it is done "in house."
Last month, the AG's Office said more than 215 law enforcement officials have contributed to the investigation.

yes. the pool of blood was in the front room, bodies in the bedroom.

yes. the pool of blood was in the front room, bodies in the bedroom.
Just curious where that information comes from? I don't remember seeing that stated as fact anywhere.

Motive: Revenge vs Robbery

If I had to go with one of them, I'd take revenge. Then again, we don't know if anything was stolen IIRC. But, revenge for what? Teen argument gone bad? Family slighted?

My motive of the hour is a power struggle. If that family unit had some sort of top billing in "whatever we care to insert here" it would make sense to take them all out, I guess. Any one of them could have stepped up and filled the empty slot. I think Hanna(h) (can never remember which way to spell it) Gilley was an innocent bystander, though.

Fundraiser for Hannah Gilley is underway at Beril's Bar and Grill. Money going to funeral, child. @10TV #PikeCounty

Bryant10tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Kenneth's murder shows this wasn't a relationship of anyone that went wrong, the killers went out of their way to kill him. It wasn't against all of the Rhodens, because if they knew where Kenneth lived, they knew there was family right around him. This was something that all of those killed were involved with, and they also held it against Hanna and Hannah.

That last shot to the head, after multiple shots of many showed they just wanted them all dead. Hate or revenge, even the thoughts of this is so evil, it won't be the last time these people kill if they're not caught.

It came from BJM's initial 911 call.
In the interest of trying to keep everything straight, I don't think she said there was a "pool of blood in the living room", or anywhere did she? She said that there was "blood all over the house (or place)"?

Just trying to clarify and figure out what I missed. I apologize if I missed something.

In the interest of trying to keep everything straight, I don't think she said there was a "pool of blood in the living room", or anywhere did she? She said that there was "blood all over the house (or place)"?

Just trying to clarify and figure out what I missed. I apologize if I missed something.

Agree with you her statement was more like "blood everywhere" rather than a "pool of blood". Posting on here is like the old game of "telephone". Pretty soon, "blood everywhere" becomes "pool of blood". It's just the nature of people.

I think the primary motive was revenge/hatred. There does not seem a rational reason to kill these 8 people. Even if the perpetrators were a mexican drug cartel, as has been suggested, I still don't think it would be beneficial for the perpetrators to kill these 8 people. Such a massive attention of LE would surely come back to bite them.

I most people were killed by 1 person, who blames the Rhoden family for his/her his grievances. This person is close to the Rhoden family, has some personality disorder or psychiatric illness.

Just curious where that information comes from? I don't remember seeing that stated as fact anywhere.
Besides the 911 call, I believe the police report that has been released mentioned blood in the living room, and the bodies in the bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni