OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repeating what everyone else is saying, but why are we just now asking for cameras now :/ most businesses - and probably residential, no longer have footage from then.. I truly hope they asked before today and are just now putting it public that they are seeking security footage.

It is concerning that LE is taking what I would call extreme steps like billboards for information.

I am not nearly as optimistic as I was before now. Evidence at the multiple crime scenes I would have thought would have helped LE with some things. Any forensic testing and any tips they would have gotten from people.

I hope LE is much further along than it appears right now.

There were comments & tributes posted on her page. Now timeline starts at 2016

I've never seen anything posted on her page in 2016 since day 1. I've seen other family members and friends with things tagged of her when searching her, but never on her page.

Ok, I was able to access "one more article" from Cincinnati.com. It said that authorities have already obtained some video and just wanted to basically be sure they haven't missed anything. Mentioned that they want any relevant video including, but not limited to, cars.

You are correct. You did a great job explaining.

Thanks. I've relied upon your leads the best I'm able to, so I think it can be said I had a good teacher.

I think I did get the back taxes year wrong. I've been back in there and I think it was 2004 or 05, not 1998. Unimportant as far as I can tell, but illustrates how easy it can be to misread the records if one isn't careful.

My thought was, and still is, night vision in some form.

Not inexpensive, but not difficult to buy if one has the bucks. Or possibly steal them from somewhere.

This is one of the factors that leans me towards professionals or at least someone(s) with a military or law enforcement background.

I suppose one could simply flip a light switch on and proceed from there, but that seems too risky with regard to catching their subjects unaware.

I wish we knew what sort of firearms were involved. If rifles were used, then night vision scopes seem like good possibilities.

A small pocket flashlight would also work. One with about 300 lumens pointed in someones face would be blinding to them. For example, shooter holds the gun in right hand while holding the flashlight in the other. The left hand or left wrist is over the right hand with the flashlight bulb pointing out from the back of the left hand (pinky side).

Ceeeeeeure.JPG
I've never seen anything posted on her page in 2016 since day 1. I've seen other family members and friends with things tagged of her when searching her, but never on her page.
She posted this in Jan of 2016 and there were comments along with tributes added later on this photo

View attachment 94226
She posted this in Jan of 2016 and there were comments along with tributes added later on this photo

The picture is still on her page. I've never seen it on her timeline. But the picture has been visible and has been the first photo listed on the pictures, and still is.

For me, her page has not changed, at all.

Well, it was reported that the 4 day old was found in bed with HR, it was implied by LM that the 6 month old was in bed with FR and HG, it has never been implied where FR's 3 year old was, which may have been in another room away from the carnage. So the youngest may have been taken in to be checked out, cleaned off, checked for potential evidence being on them due to them being potentially so near to the crime scene. JMO. I'm sure the other child had immediate medical attention on scene with EMS, but the others may have needed a more thorough check due to potentially being in bed with them.. And more than just being cleaned off at the scene. JMO.

I thought I read that the three year old was with the other set of grandparents... or maybe that was one of HRs children who was with the other set of grandparents?

I thought I read that the three year old was with the other set of grandparents... or maybe that was one of HRs children who was with the other set of grandparents?

That was HR's 3 year old that was with relatives. Not FR's.

It was another child.

2) Different people find different things odd. I personally do not find it odd that she was tasked with feeding animals. Maybe she got fresh eggs, maybe some of the animals were hers. :idontknow: but some DO find it odd and that is fine.

RSBM....

I'm not sure what to think......

but I do know it's very fortunate someone found the surviving children so soon.

A small pocket flashlight would also work. One with about 300 lumens pointed in someones face would be blinding to them. For example, shooter holds the gun in right hand while holding the flashlight in the other. The left hand or left wrist is over the right hand with the flashlight bulb pointing out from the back of the left hand (pinky side).

The easiest way is to use a light and laser mounted on the pistol. There are a lot of companies that make them. Crimson Trace is one company if you want to see what they look like.

crimsontrace.com

The easiest way is to use a light and laser mounted on the pistol. There are a lot of companies that make them. Crimson Trace is one company if you want to see what they look like.

crimsontrace.com

True. I've been thinking about the possibility of a laser used. Makes it much easier to target.

What about ATV's? Are they as loud as motorcycles? Given the presence of my gangs, would the sound of an ATV br considered unusual?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Living in the country, I can only speak for myself. Our property borders both a chip & sealed county road and gravel township road. I can see both from the house. I think nothing of seeing a car go by and if I see one go by in the middle of the night, it wouldn't even wake me. If I hear a 4 wheeler, during the day, while not unusual around here, I hear it and note it. If I heard one in the middle of the night, I would be up and out of bed wondering who was out and about at night on a 4 wheeler.

That of course is just me, I can't speak for that area or those neighbors.

Update, 2:45 p.m.: Attorney General Mike DeWine said Tuesday that investigators have acquired video pertaining to the investigation of the April 22 killing of eight people in Pike County.

"We reached out to people initially that we thought might have video," DeWine said during a media session in his Cincinnati office. "We were able to obtain some video."

Just before meeting with reporters, DeWine's office sent a news release requesting more video footage from residents and business near the Union Hill Road crime scenes.

"This is just an attempt to get anything that has been missed," he said.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ors-seek-relevant-pike-county-video/84186366/

Repeating what everyone else is saying, but why are we just now asking for cameras now :/ most businesses - and probably residential, no longer have footage from then.. I truly hope they asked before today and are just now putting it public that they are seeking security footage.

This is what I do for a living.In our company I am the loss prevention.we have high tech cameras I can zoom in and watch footage and get plate numbers off of cars. Ours stores data for 7 to 10 days depending on the numbers of cameras running(some are motion activated). They are way late the ball games over and clean up crew even have went home.Smh moo!

How did they see? Shooting 2 people in bed and not hitting a child in bed with them in the dark? GRRR This case gets more strange. BTW Hubby says night vision glasses which maybe a hunter might use? Anyone have any ideas on this?

Depends on the angle of view, the shooter may not have known the baby was there. If she was on her side, back to the door way or similar...

crimsontrace.com

I have to agree that I think some special equipment was used.
I keep flip flopping thinking if it was experienced hit men type shooters or just someone lucky enough to kill everyone and not get overpowered by one of the victims.

With the dogs and all and multiple people being in some of the houses it does make me lean to maybe a more professional shooter or shooters.

But then again it not too uncommon to acquire some specialized equipment like for coon hunting and things like that. Some people have flashlights mounted on their firearms for legal nighttime shooting like coon hunting.
And laser sights are very common these days for handguns. Those red lasers we see in the movies are fairly common and not too expensive to buy for a gun.

Some handguns actually come with the lasers already mounted when you buy the gun.

So I still cant decide if we are dealig with some skilled hit men or just some dumb luck on some criminals part.

I guess I have to lean towards hit men that have done this sort of thing before. Thinking along the lines of a gang executioner or gang hit men.

Living in the country, I can only speak for myself. Our property borders both a chip & sealed county road and gravel township road. I can see both from the house. I think nothing of seeing a car go by and if I see one go by in the middle of the night, it wouldn't even wake me. If I hear a 4 wheeler, during the day, while not unusual around here, I hear it and note it. If I heard one in the middle of the night, I would be up and out of bed wondering who was out and about at night on a 4 wheeler.

That of course is just me, I can't speak for that area or those neighbors.

I also live in the country and would be concerned with a 4 wheeler at night. The one thing you won't hear is an electric 4 wheeler/golf cart like a Bad Boy Buggy. They are available in 4WD, electric and with oversized tires. It would be perfect for getting around the Union Hill Properties either on the road or thru the woods. If there was much moonlight, one wouldn't need to use the headlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member