OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
That barn has been bothering me as well from the first time I seen it. It is huge and very nice compared to everything in its surroundings. If CR sr had it built , where did all of that money come from .The barn stands out significally.

I agree the barn is quite a contrast to the rest of the property and it has really stood out to me from the start. I thought it may have been used as a shop for working on the cars, and maybe storing cars, too, but others didn't think so. I believe others thought it housed a grow operation. Does anyone know for sure what was inside that barn?

No, it's a wrecked car of some sort. But after zooming in on the car on the tow truck, the right side doesn't look as wrecked as this one does to me....
ccf1c93d5a3ff835793f2777d0a3c70d.jpg

You cannot see the right side of the car on the tow truck only the left and rear here is a pic of the car on the left side
c7a6988b0f8b7ba6c4f6685a5cac2f03.jpg

I read, I believe, on the Justice For the Rhodens Facebook page - a friend of the family stated that the family was told to stop talking.

I wondered if that was coming with LE being so tight lipped about everything, and then the family doing interviews about finding the bodies. I was surprised to see BJM's at all considering....

It could also be that the vehicles are evidence in a case that was revealed by the murders but not directly related to the murders. i.e. While working the murders, LE discovered evidence that the cars were stolen. Even though they are working a murder investigation, that does not preclude them from working a parallel investigation into stolen cars. Same with the grow op. It may have nothing to do with the motive of the murders, but LE is not going to just let it go if they find evidence that others were involved.
I may be wrong, but I don't think they've knowingly had stolen cars on their property. Maybe unknown to them, yes. But, in researching all of this, I've found that other properties, related in some way, to the Rhodens, have cars all over them as well. I really think they were buying them on the cheap for parts for a DD, or to make a new DD car from the bodies, or fix up and sell at the Scioto Lot. Again, maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't see how they could have that many automobiles in plain view, and run an unkown stolen car ring. We had a car stolen off the front drive of one of a family member's home. They pulled in, in broad daylight, loaded it up, (you could see the box truck's tire treads) and it was never seen again. We drove to all of the lots that had junkers on them and were pretty much told at each, that stolen cars were usually taken to an unreputable place, and mashed down into a cube, the thief was payed for the weight, and that was the end of it. Same w/thieves who stole copper cabling. They all knew the lots to go to. Stolen cars did not sit around on lots b/c people did the same thing we did, drive around and try to find them, and there was necessary paperwork that a person was required to have if they tried to sell them, or sell parts to others. Again, I could be totally wrong. But I've been through the stolen car thing and I'm just not seeing it. Those cars are sitting right out by the road. Unless, there is someone in the DOT who is helping them w/titles and such, and local LE has been looking the other way, b/c Pikeston is a small town. . .

I would think by now the police have told them to keep their mouths shot several times, and likely threatened with charges for obstruction of justice if they talk.

I read, I believe, on the Justice For the Rhodens Facebook page - a friend of the family stated that the family was told to stop talking.

Oh I believe it. I'm sure they told them to stop talking awhile ago. Heck, most of the info we have is based on what family has said. After the latest BJM interview they may have really cracked down.

I may be wrong, but I don't think they've knowingly had stolen cars on their property. Maybe unknown to them, yes. But, in researching all of this, I've found that other properties, related in some way, to the Rhodens, have cars all over them as well. I really think they were buying them on the cheap for parts for a DD, or to make a new DD car from the bodies, or fix up and sell at the Scioto Lot. Again, maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't see how they could have that many automobiles in plain view, and run an unkown stolen car ring. We had a car stolen off the front drive of one of a family member's home. They pulled in, in broad daylight, loaded it up, (you could see the box truck's tire treads) and it was never seen again. We drove to all of the lots that had junkers on them and were pretty much told at each, that stolen cars were usually taken to an unreputable place, and mashed down into a cube, the thief was payed for the weight, and that was the end of it. Same w/thieves who stole copper cabling. They all knew the lots to go to. Stolen cars did not sit around on lots b/c people did the same thing we did, drive around and try to find them, and there was necessary paperwork that a person was required to have if they tried to sell them, or sell parts to others. Again, I could be totally wrong. But I've been through the stolen car thing and I'm just not seeing it. Those cars are sitting right out by the road. Unless, there is someone in the DOT who is helping them w/titles and such, and local LE has been looking the other way, b/c Pikeston is a small town. . .
Seems sensible enough. Why do you think LE towed possibly 100 or more vehicles from different properties? I haven't heard any convincing theories yet.

Seems sensible enough. Why do you think LE towed possibly 100 or more vehicles from different properties? I haven't heard any convincing theories yet.

I have no clue why they towed them but if they were legally purchasing them at auction and something isn't adding up possibly LE is building a case agianst the auction. JMO

Originally Posted by VicVixvi
It could also be that the vehicles are evidence in a case that was revealed by the murders but not directly related to the murders. i.e. While working the murders, LE discovered evidence that the cars were stolen. Even though they are working a murder investigation, that does not preclude them from working a parallel investigation into stolen cars. Same with the grow op. It may have nothing to do with the motive of the murders, but LE is not going to just let it go if they find evidence that others were involved.

I somewhat agree with what you are saying, however, my reply was in reply to someone who was saying that basically the cars had to be related to the motive for murder or why would the LE have taken so many. Reread what I wrote in that context.

It's possible. But what is the likelihood that eight members of one family are brutally murdered, that the same family is somehow connected to two or more illegal endeavors, but that the one has nothing to do with the other?

Well, it was said her brother saw her "legs" and backed out. I wonder if she put up a fight.
I'm just guessing on this, but if JM did find Dana shortly after opening the door, IMO she could of been on her computer in the living room when the murder took place if that was true about her being on FB after 2:50 a.m.

Just saw a link to this of Facebook. It has some interesting photos of an elaborate grow operation with information about how it was managed.

http://scribol.com/anthropology-and...ice-stormed-normal-house-shocked-found-inside

That is just incredibly impressive! I've wondered if it was an indoor operation if they didn't use generators instead of using power lines. I don't know how much electricity they're capable of producing, though....and grow ops need some serious wattage to grown a high yield plant.

Oh I believe it. I'm sure they told them to stop talking awhile ago. Heck, most of the info we have is based on what family has said. After the latest BJM interview they may have really cracked down.

IMO, Dewine had a very good reason for making it clear he was not releasing any information with specifics and he stated this from the very start. A LOT of specifics about three of the four crime scenes have been revealed in two separate interviews. I hope that hasn't damaged the investigation but I cannot imagine that it helped.

Is it possible the cars are connected in the sense that they were used to launder drug money? Buy cars at auction for cash, fix up, resell. Would LE confiscate the cars if they felt that the grow operation was connected to killings; or it could be like another poster pointed out a parallel investigation?

IMO, Dewine had a very good reason for making it clear he was not releasing any information with specifics and he stated this from the very start. A LOT of specifics about three of the four crime scenes have been revealed in two separate interviews. I hope that hasn't damaged the investigation but I cannot imagine that it helped.

As frustrating as it is, I know why he's doing it. Like I've said a million times, I think this is way more than just a murder investigation. I believe this started multiple.

Yikes times infinity. I still believe they're trying to tie these cars to someone they were doing business with. Maybe to link up a motive and "prove" they were more involved with the family than they are letting on.

Am I the only one who can't see any value in these cars? A few of them are drivable, I guess those were the ones in use, the rest is junk and likely bought for nothing. This (big) car loving family has been there for years, I can totally see how they could accumulate this number of wrecks over the years.

IMO, it could be either scenario. Another possibility that has crossed my mind is that some of the cars might have been in the process of having hidden compartments constructed to transport drugs. JMO, as another potential reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member