OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...-lookback.html

The ride-along part of the video gives better perspective as to just how far away DR's house was from CRsr/FRs trailers. There is no way that killing everyone at DRs was done because they could have seen or heard the actual murders of CRsr/GR/FR/HG - they are just too far away for that to be necessary.

So either DR/CRjr/HR were killed because on or more of them knew who had been with CRsr that night, or they knew enough to point the finger at the killer, or they were somehow involved in whatever was the motivation for the killing (either in reality or in the mind of the killer). And just like with KR, it does indicate that the killer was familiar enough with the family to know who lived where, especially since housing arrangements had recently changed for several family members.

I do think that FR/HG could possibly have been killed simply due to their proximity to CRsr/GR or vice versa.

Traveling a mile to DRs house is not that much different than going over to KRs. It had to be a deliberate move, not just a case of 'wrong place, wrong time'.

BTW, what the heck is the difference between a hilljack and a hillbilly? The mayor uses both terms in this interview and until now I'd never heard of a 'hilljack'.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hilljack

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/29/pike-county-lookback.html

And since that day, nothing has been the same here. Officials and experts agree that there has never been a case quite like this — so many victims, orphaned children, no apparent witnesses or motive, exploding costs and an underlying story of criminal activity that no one has even said for certain is connected. By early May, investigators had interviewed at least 128 people including, as is the usual course, members of the families involved. Some have been interviewed more than once. Some had to give DNA samples.

And that's just the start of the intrigue. Five weeks in, there has been no arrest or even a suspect named.

Also where there any Rhodes on that road that spent the night somewhere else and could have been victim?

Shot in an extremity? I think it would be easy to say arm or leg but he did not say that.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/29/pike-county-lookback.html

All eight victims had been shot to death, but Chris Sr. took the worst of it. He was shot nine times, and the coroner wrote on the death certificate that it was in the head, torso and an extremity. Kenneth took a single shot to the head. The others were each shot between two and five times in the head. The coroner said some had bruises, too.

Not to be tacky but... Could an "extremity" be a male specific body part? Wondered why they didn't just say arm or leg, etc.?

Well, they are quoting a coroner, who is a doctor. As a physician's assistant, we don't walk around saying "he has a laceration to his arm." We say, "he has a laceration to his right upper extremity." They are just saying extremity instead of being specific, and I also wonder if it was meant to be plural. Saying arm, leg, etc. is not how we are trained to talk. Like when we describe a red throat in our physical exam, we say the pharynx is erythematous. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did notice in the new article that it wasn't three grow sites at three different crime scenes now like I've been thinking. It was THREE grow sites at TWO different places....which means one had two hidden somewhere, and at least one of them was indoors and described it as sophisticated. We know Donald Stone said he found some "plants in a tray" in a building at KR's, so there is one. I don't know exactly what the building at KR's looked like, so I'm not sure if he was referring to this one or not. I'm going to assume that CSR had them on his property in one of the many buildings, possibly the garage with that strange separate story in the back of it with the stairs, or maybe in the old house of his dad's that sits on the property? Or, maybe at Dana's....but it seems like she hasn't lived there long enough to set up anything like this. It's hard telling.

Does anyone have a picture of KR's building for reference? I am drawing a blank on whether or not we've seen it...

It just has to be KR's "tray" that DS "found" when he found KR then called 911, and the other two were most likely where they found CR1/GR/FR/HG. Both of those properties are in CR1's name. FR/HG just lived in a trailer on CR1's land.

All eight victims had been shot to death, but Chris Sr. took the worst of it. He was shot nine times, and the coroner wrote on the death certificate that it was in the head, torso and an extremity. Kenneth took a single shot to the head. The others were each shot between two and five times in the head. The coroner said some had bruises, too.

Not to be tacky but... Could an "extremity" be a male specific body part? Wondered why they didn't just say arm or leg, etc.?

This is from today's Dispatch article. I am wondering if there are any other sources that say 9.

This is from today's Dispatch article. I am wondering if there are any other sources that say 9.

They just recently released he was shot 9 times, when the death certificates were released, which was before today.

first time I have seen this. "Hanna’s 4-day-old daughter, Kylie, was found in the home unharmed"

I'm confused.. They've said since the beginning her daughter was in bed with her and unharmed..

I did notice in the new article that it wasn't three grow sites at three different crime scenes now like I've been thinking. It was THREE grow sites at TWO different places....which means one had two hidden somewhere, and at least one of them was indoors and described it as sophisticated. We know Donald Stone said he found some "plants in a tray" in a building at KR's, so there is one. I don't know exactly what the building at KR's looked like, so I'm not sure if he was referring to this one or not. I'm going to assume that CSR had them on his property in one of the many buildings, possibly the garage with that strange separate story in the back of it with the stairs, or maybe in the old house of his dad's that sits on the property? Or, maybe at Dana's....but it seems like she hasn't lived there long enough to set up anything like this. It's hard telling.

Does anyone have a picture of KR's building for reference? I am drawing a blank on whether or not we've seen it...

Pics are on post #13 here, the Media Thread shown on page 1 of this and every thread for this subject. .. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...SCUSSION-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered

Aerial view of KR's home : http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93019&d=1461812434

The building is really just an oversized shed, a frame structure, probably no foundation just sitting on piers or runners like a garden shed. I'm not sure all the openings had doors, seems I recall pics from the ground where the largest opening had no doors. Some speculated that they would put cars in there to work on them, but I have serious doubts on that, a car would probably take the building down when the floor collapsed.

If the tax office descriptions are accurate, DR's place had two basements.

They just recently released he was shot 9 times, when the death certificates were released, which was before today.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/27/Piketon-death-certificates.html

Directly from the death certificate article in the Dispatch:
Rhoden's death certificate said he had "multiple gunshot wounds to the head, torso and extremity."

So the Dispatch initially reported no number of wounds/shots. But today they say 9. I am wondering if there are any OTHER sources that state the number of wounds/shots for CR1.

Am I splitting hairs?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by newtonskeyz
first time I have seen this. "Hanna’s 4-day-old daughter, Kylie, was found in the home unharmed"

I'm confused.. They've said since the beginning her daughter was in bed with her and unharmed..

No reason both statements cannot be true. The baby was found unharmed beside the mother in bed. The bed is in the home.

The ride-along part of the video gives better perspective as to just how far away DR's house was from CRsr/FRs trailers. There is no way that killing everyone at DRs was done because they could have seen or heard the actual murders of CRsr/GR/FR/HG - they are just too far away for that to be necessary.

So either DR/CRjr/HR were killed because on or more of them knew who had been with CRsr that night, or they knew enough to point the finger at the killer, or they were somehow involved in whatever was the motivation for the killing (either in reality or in the mind of the killer). And just like with KR, it does indicate that the killer was familiar enough with the family to know who lived where, especially since housing arrangements had recently changed for several family members.

I do think that FR/HG could possibly have been killed simply due to their proximity to CRsr/GR or vice versa.

Traveling a mile to DRs house is not that much different than going over to KRs. It had to be a deliberate move, not just a case of 'wrong place, wrong time'.

BTW, what the heck is the difference between a hilljack and a hillbilly? The mayor uses both terms in this interview and until now I'd never heard of a 'hilljack'.

I've never heard of hilljack either, but then again, I'm from Culpeper too. Maybe it's just a term that isn't used in our neck of the woods.

BBM The terms are interchangeable. Depends on the day, the temperature and the mood. I'm always a hillbilly but sometimes I'm a hilljack too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member