OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of Ohio already knows who killed the Rhodens. This I've gleened from the web. Seems fairly accurate and fact based.

i don't quite understand why it couldn't be mentioned .

as if things couldn't have been any worse - my heart goes out to this family........very sad.

So Ohio knows and no arrests yet? Do you have a link for this ..news page ??something ???cause I have been waiting and I'm sure this family is waiting and wanting to know even worse then we do.

All of Ohio already knows who killed the Rhodens. This I've gleened from the web. Seems fairly accurate and fact based.

as if things couldn't have been any worse - my heart goes out to this family........very sad.

I'm in Ohio and I don't know. I've read every BS theory from here to Boston, though, including unknown Native American tribes, Free Masons, and aliens. I think the last one was a joke.;)

Thank you! I really appreciate your explanation. I know basic banking, and that is it! I did some reading about money laundering and the various ways it might be possible, but that stuff is extremely hard to wrap your head around if you're starting from scratch!

I would imagine once upon a time it might have been a little easier, but with computers and stricter guidelines to be followed, it seemed like it would be darn near impossible without someone raising an eyebrow at you. I would imagine the plethora of shady bankers/accountants that could be involved in this would be HUGE...yet still risky. It sounds next to impossible to get away with.

Out of curiosity, if this is even in your realm of expertise..Chris Senior purchased land with 30,000.00 down and financed another 30,000.00 through the bank. From what I understand, he basically did odd jobs at a place called Big Bear Lake State Resort park, sold repurposed cars and did the occasional excavation type work. Aside from having a legit W-2 from Big Bear, how could he go about providing proof of income for a 30,000 loan? He did own some land on his own, however the rest of it was shared between brothers and sisters as family land.

If he used 30,000.00 of his own money, surely this was reported income, right? If it wasn't, could this purchase somehow be flagged as suspicious?

I apologize if I am not making sense! I swear I'm trying! :)

Most financial institutions require proof of income (pay stub). But if you are self employed you would file a schedule C or if you were partners with someone a 1065 or incorporate with an 1120S. Most financial institutions accept any one of these, Schedule C, 1065, or 1120S as proof of income. Some might ask for a profit and loss statement, such as QuickBooks.

The banking person might want to weigh in on this.

I suspect he took in his pay stub along with three years of tax returns as proof of income for a mortgage.

And I am sure that 30000.00 was accompanied by an reasonable explanation or it would raise a red flag.

Three barely intelligible things I heard BJM say in the first 911 call after analyzing the mp3:

"Bad things happen": Heard before the operator answers the call.
" I love you. Peace out." Heard while operator was asking who the victims were.
"Why do people love you?" Heard amidst the whimpering at the end of the call. This has been heard by others as "Please don't hurt me"

Just had a thought when I read this. What if the victims were somehow drugged into unconsciousness (sp?) before the murders? I can't really think of how this would have happened, but it would explain them not defending themselves.

The only angle as far as tox reports would be if one or two victims were on like PCP angel dust, stuff that can result in wildly aggressive behaviors. We know drinking and weed is a component in the lifstyle moo

Sojourn, are you local?

I guess toxicology reports could show if they were drugged in some way, or if they were doing any illegal drugs. I think maybe that pretty much anything that was sent to the crime lab should be just about processed by now, so maybe "TOX reports" is more of a generic term for "crime lab reports".

I kinda think Breaking Bad was on the property! Haz mat was called way to fast for a recent murder. Someone knew stuff was going on on theproperty. After finding several bodies, I think it would logical to think you many have more victims at the ole lab!!

This is not a judgement - it was the court records indicate. There was a lot of invovment regarding breaking the law. By the time the Sheriff gave his classic, I have not personally had any interaction with the family, was stated about 15 minutes after I had been reviewing the last name on court system.

It is a very manipulative answer IMO. How, in a small town, when one types in the last name , and you have 81 hits, the head of dept does not know anything about this. Kinda hard to grasp IMO...

I realize he was recently placed, but one would think , just in terms of colleagues talking with one another it would come up. There are 12 cops on the force, the remaining postions are clerical.

If I was counterfeiting, I would do small bills also. What do I care, I just print 5 $10's unstead of a $50, to reduce my liklhood of spending life in the pen!!

moo!

I kinda think Breaking Bad was on the property! Haz mat was called way to fast for a recent murder. Someone knew stuff was going on on theproperty. After finding several bodies, I think it would logical to think you many have more victims at the ole lab!!

This is not a judgement - it was the court records indicate. There was a lot of invovment regarding breaking the law. By the time the Sheriff gave his classic, I have not personally had any interaction with the family, was stated about 15 minutes after I had been reviewing the last name on court system.

It is a very manipulative answer IMO. How, in a small town, when one types in the last name , and you have 81 hits, the head of dept does not know anything about this. Kinda hard to grasp IMO...

I realize he was recently placed, but one would think , just in terms of colleagues talking with one another it would come up. There are 12 cops on the force, the remaining postions are clerical.

If I was counterfeiting, I would do small bills also. What do I care, I just print 5 $10's unstead of a $50, to reduce my liklhood of spending life in the pen!!

moo!

I believe. Those were just regular suit they use to keep from contaminating the scene hazmat suits were not worn they would have heavier material and elastic over boot covers and face masks. This are like regular coverings being used by investigators.

What's Ohio's theory and why can't it be mentioned?

What's Ohio's theory and why can't it be mentioned?

Because you cannot just throw a name out they have to be named POI or suspect. We don't have that so there for you cannot just throw it out saying they Are guilty of a crime let alone a murder of 8 people.

This is hard for me to understand. If the killers didn't have silencers, the shots (at least 5) would certainly have woken the 3 year old in such a trailer. If he woke up, he probably would have seen the killers and could have described them to LE. No matter their reasons for leaving the young children alive, they would not have left a witness. This forces me to challenge my belief that they probably did not have silencers. Using silencers, although not common, is more plausible than A) The toddler was not awoken B) They left a witness . Given that many folks in the area were gun aficionados, I'm warming to the idea that silencers were indeed used.
The 3 yr old is closer to 4 yrs old (turns 4 in Sept according to newspaper article of interview with his mother). I just think he might have been in a deep sleep. Of course we have no clue either way. But it is or would be amazing for a child to sleep through that many gun shots in a trailer no matter where he was sleeping.

I believe. Those were just regular suit they use to keep from contaminating the scene hazmat suits were not worn they would have heavier material and elastic over boot covers and face masks. This are like regular coverings being used by investigators.

You are absolutely correct. We never saw evidence of hazmat suits.

At the onset Manny made a direct comment about "child custudy" deal. I have not been reading the thread. But vaguly remember there being some notions, that whichever one (cant keep up alll the names and quit trying!) just had a child, was unsure or there was some questions about who father is, is this accurate or speculation - pls delete if TOS issue, I am way too behind to try and locate the discussion

But when I got a PM about these themes boy Lennys initial comment jumped out at me.

Thank you! I did some very sleepy reading on this last night and between that and your explanation, I feel it's pretty reasonable to think he could have thrown this together if he'd been keeping good records. If he was claiming things done for cash, I bet his tax return was a nightmare. Plus...he would have to be careful to make sure he didn't end up owing a ton of taxes afterwards.

That LLC is a whole different scenario depending one exactly what he was claiming and what it was actually being used for-if anything.

I suppose you could assume a multitude of different things as far as legal/illegal finances are concerned. Unless he was under some kind of investigation before this all happened, CSR was clearly intelligent enough to keep things on the up and up for the purposes of his loan and accounting for the 30,000.00 down. Or, he had an accountant who did it for him. It's hard telling!

Maybe the purchase of Dana's home is coincidence, but I can't help but wonder if someone didn't catch wind (or have intimate knowledge of him-family, friends, business partner) of the illicit activities he was into and know that he had enough money to lay down 30 grand as a down payment and go looking for the rest, or be envious and angry enough to kill them for it. The money angle has an endless number of possibilities and is all 100% speculation. At this point I'm just throwing things around to see what could/could not be done! I suppose it would help if we actually knew how much money he was pulling in where the grow ops were concerned...then we might be able to come up with something plausible.

Regardless, I feel like money is the most probable motive for something this big, and whoever did it had to have really good insider knowledge (be it from one of the family directly or someone who knew them WELL) to set this all up. The only thing I can come up with, other than money, is that these people had information about something that could have implicated someone in something bad....and CSR or one of the others did something that indicated to them that they were getting careless or loose lipped about it, which, in a weird way, still circles back around to money.

:gaah: I just wish we had more information!

So if Chris normally got money out of the bank to go pick up a car, KR might still have had money out if he had been to two auctions that month. Donald never said they picked up a car. Being in a camper the only thing to be paranoid about someone taking to padlock would be money. Even so if this was just about money only Chris and Kenneth would've been killed. This was to take everything from them, as others have said a sociopath, but one who knew everything about them and how they did things.

I don't think it's sinister, but, it would be nice to know when was the last time she talked to them, or saw them, to know he was there. I'd probably have been yelling for Frankie and Hannah rather than a three year old. j.s.

Excuse me if someone has already said this. But has anyone thought that maybe...just maybe...she was pounding on the door and B said "who is it"? I mean, people do teach their children to ask who it is before they open the door. So that's when she screamed for B to answer the door for Aunt Jo?

She isn't going to go through every single second of that happened in the article. However, it makes complete sense to me that she knew he was there because she heard his little voice ask who was there.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the only reason Kenneth was killed was to take the money for the person to get far enough away. That doesn't necessarily mean they've left yet.

539243ef65e420c9b8e609122c4aab2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big difference between the common Tyvek crime scene disposable jumpsuits (shown here) and booties which offer no haz mat protection and might cost $7-12 dollars, and ISO certified protection gear with respirators. If you want to be a CSI agent on Halloween, you can order them off Amazon.

moo!

There are no Hazmat suits seen in any pictures. There were a couple people wearing white disposable coveralls. They are usually worn to keep the person's clothes clean. They could have been worn to not add more contamination to the crime scene.

At the onset Manny made a direct comment about "child custudy" deal. I have not been reading the thread. But vaguly remember there being some notions, that whichever one (cant keep up alll the names and quit trying!) just had a child, was unsure or there was some questions about who father is, is this accurate or speculation - pls delete if TOS issue, I am way too behind to try and locate the discussion

But when I got a PM about these themes boy Lennys initial comment jumped out at me.

IIRC, Leonard didn't specify child custody. That may be what he meant, but he could have been talking about the vehicles. He seemed mainly butthurt about the vehicles in that interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans